Do you charge family???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i find it really frustrating, i dont have any sisters but i have a friend who always says oh can i have my nails done and il pay you when i get paid :O and im like do u seriously think i could have anyone coming in off the street and getting away with that :s however in the end i gave up after saying no a few times, at the start i said it would give other friends excuses to ask the same and i wouldnt be being fair doing one but not the others but luckily none of my other friends would actually ask, i know i wouldnt anyway! so now im waiting for pay day lol :( i need to toughen up i think lol!x

I dont charge for Man/Ped, Eyebrow wax or mini facial. But everything else I do charge due to the cost of the product. Especially Acrylics. I dont think may people realise how much our equipment costs! My mom never pays tho, she has done too much for me XXX

I dont charge my daughters, mother or nan. My sister and very close friends i charge half price.

The only people who I would not charge are those who were/are there for me when I needed a model for all my various courses. As far as I am concerned they can have their treatments and my time for free as long as they want them cos they have helped me out big time.

Everyone else would have to pay full price, I can't expect them to give up their working time for free so why should they expect me to!

anne xx

I'm with Annie.
Everyone pays full whack. Only my mum and my husband to be don't pay, and even my mum pays the product costs. I'm in business to stay in business and I won't be in business for long if I offer discount to my friends!

I`m with Annie too.
My mum and sister have always been there for me, I wouldn`t dream of charging them, it is a pleasure to give something back.
My daughters pay me for materials, and the rest of my family get treatments half price (which is probably a bit generous). Fortunately family do not come for regular treatments and if they do they have to take second place to paying clients.

Only my Mum gets free hair and treatments. She does tip anyone who has worked on her other than me. Everyone else pays.

Latest posts

Back