Do you think this is someone trying to wind me up or have I been unprofessional?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultimately she was never going to become a regular client so I wouldn't worry. Not saying that just cause she was visiting from London should make her any less of a client but this texting business sometimes is annoying. Why didn't she just pick up the phone. You usually find that these people that trawl the internet looking for therapists have emailed / texted a dozen so most of the time we are wasting our time replying.

I had a similar kind of thing last week. Had a client I went to a few times last year and then haven't heard from her again. Texted me last week asking for appointment for two weeks time. She texted me at 3.30pm and I didn't get a chance to text her back until 8pm. She had already booked somewhere else then said she would see if there for a charge for cancelling, never heard of salons charging a cancellation fee if you cancel two weeks before have you?! Whatever some people are impatient and just waste your time. It is just the way they are!

Rant over

Dont even bothering replying to her now. rise above her and move on. shes not worth it.

tigi

I would feel tempted to text her saying "do not contact me again asking for an appointment and only wasting my precious and professional time" :) I don't like people like her giving themselves right to have final word and expecting me to respect it! How dare she saying to you things like "end of conversation"- so patronising! Grrr!

Don't take anymore texts off her! You are better off without clients like this shes messing you around before you start!!

Ask yourself what you are going to achieve by calling her?

She has made her feelings pretty clear and has told you not to contact her.

I think you need to suck it up and forget about it my lovely.

Concentrate on your move and new salon and providing excellent customer care to the clients who actually book and arrive.

Good luck xxx

My thoughts exactly :) There is nothing to be gained from engaging in a dialogue with this client. Sounds like you're best off out of it! Good luck at the new premises :)

I have had similar problems with taking appointments via private messages on facebook luckily I've not had any rude replies, but felt like I was wasting alot of time messaging back and forth, then not getting an appointment made at the end of it, so when I have someone message me for an appointment I now ask them to send me the day, time and treatment they require and I will send them a message letting them know if its available or offer a time as close to what they have asked.
Jjust ignore this lady she knows nothing about you or your business so dont let her bother you xx

You come across all sorts working with the public :biggrin: and you do sometimes have to grow a thick skin. Why not put on texts in future that this appt is offered until a certain time and then it will be cancelled or say you will call and speak to them? I agree it can be a nightmare and some never get back to you leaving it totally unresolved.

You come across all sorts working with the public :biggrin: and you do sometimes have to grow a thick skin. Why not put on texts in future that this appt is offered until a certain time and then it will be cancelled or say you will call and speak to them? I agree it can be a nightmare and some never get back to you leaving it totally unresolved.

i've got into the habit of saying 'AT THE MOMENT i have *such in such* please let me know if this is ok for you as soon as possible so i can book it in for you' or something along those line, obviously not in capitals though lol x

No point contacting her now. Hopefully she won't be in touch again. Some people are just not worth dealing with.

You should consider in future replying with a call instead of a text. It might work out quicker and easier.

Good luck.

I never offer or accept appointments made by text, e-mail or facebook etc. Too much room for error and far too easy for someone to be rude. If I get any requests I always reply 'please phone the salon landline' and I sort it there and then.

Anyone can fire off a nasty message when they are hiding behind another form of media but if you were speaking to her I find it less likely that she would have gobbed off! x

Just delete the texts and ignore her.

You were as helpful as you could've been but we all know you could've bent over backwards and it wouldn't have suited. She wanted what she wanted there and then - it's like a child who has a tantrum when she can't have a sweet. There's no point getting worked up by something that is a) in the past and b) not going to affect your daily business.

Btw, it would've been far more unprofessional to abandon the clients you were treating in order to answer the texts! It's a personal bugbear but I hate it when people text and demand an answer there and then - my ex texts every five minutes till he gets an answer and it winds me up! :smack:

I never offer or accept appointments made by text, e-mail or facebook etc.
No, nor me!

Latest posts

Back