Do your staff think you are stupid?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb Doyle

Reaction score
I don't post on here very often, but fed up with staff issues and sometimes its nice if you can share your problems.:rolleyes: SORRY might be a bit long winded....
I have got a new member of staff only been with me 2 months and she is already trying it on. I left early yesterday and she had her last client in a 3.45 for rewhite and had already complained in the morning that she wouldn't have enough time before we closed to do her and could she ring and get her to come in early.....Any way client came in late and she told her that she couldn't do here in that time and re arrange her appointment, she informed me in a text!!!:mad: I was going to deal with it 2morrow (day off today). Then I get a phone off my salon manager to today to say this girl is pretending to be sick and is asking to go home, anyway I let her go (again thinking day off today deal with it 2morrow). Now I have found out she is out tonight (one of my other therapists slipped up) in another city and was going early with her friends and thats why she wanted to go home. Also had a phone call off her mum tonight telling me she is really sick in bed and won't be in work 2morrow. I am so angry its untrue and I at this very moment want to get rid or am I being too harsh:irked:.........PLEASE ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT.

get rid!!!
you dont need skivers like this im afraid

well i would say get rid of her... but we have to look at the employment issues.... i only take people on as a three month trial in that time they can walk or i can ask them to.... what are your terms??

So she's lied to you, got her mum to lie for her, skived off, let down a client, all this within the first two months of working for you. What will she be like in six months time, for goodness sake?! She is completely taking the mick, and proving that she can't be trusted to do her job properly.

Just be cautious if you do want to get rid of her (and I sincerely hope you do). Check out the employment law side of it carefully first, as Helen Keating says.

I dunno anything about her...but I do remember being a bugger when i was younger...late teens...i would skive off if i could...i remember ringing in sick at the hair salon i worked, it was a saturday and instead i went shopping in town with my mates...I only went and bumped into my boss's daughter...who obviously told her dad (my boss) and boy did i get into trouble for that.

I ain't making excuses for her...but i just remember what a swine i was.

well i would say get rid of her... but we have to look at the employment issues.... i only take people on as a three month trial in that time they can walk or i can ask them to.... what are your terms??

Yes, she is still on a 3 month trail!! I just can't understand some girls its like they think they are doing you a favour by working for you, drives me mad. The only thing is I am not usually this mean but she is really taking the mick and I am trying to keep total focus that this is the right thing to do and thinking of all the messing around I have to do 2morrow with clients and staff just so she can stay in bed with a bloody hangover:mad:

if its only been 2 months, I think you can safely get rid.

would you not hear her out first? it may be total coincidences.

but if you don't get rid, a written warning and let her know anymore of this behaviour and she's out.

think its verbal followed by 2 written warnings.

swift talking too! in fact a verbal warning!

If she wants to leave early ASK - you can only say no!

If she gives you plenty of notice so no clients are booked in - and works through her dinner - viola everyone's happy....as a one off

I wouldnt stand for clients being 'put out' at the end of the day nail tech's are ten a penny - pee a client off and she'll go elsewhere - i would!

Amb x

Anybody under 12 months does not have any employment rights

I dunno anything about her...but I do remember being a bugger when i was younger...late teens...i would skive off if i could...i remember ringing in sick at the hair salon i worked, it was a saturday and instead i went shopping in town with my mates...I only went and bumped into my boss's daughter...who obviously told her dad (my boss) and boy did i get into trouble for that.

I ain't making excuses for her...but i just remember what a swine i was.

I know when you think back what do you do when you were younger, I probably did a few naughty things, but I have to put on the employer hat and if she gets away with it, my other staff will think I'm a soft touch and they will all be at it.

get rid!
im sorry if i sound harsh, but have learnt the hard way
make a stance and dont take any s**t
otherwise you will get walked over all the time

get rid!
im sorry if i sound harsh, but have learnt the hard way
make a stance and dont take any s**t
otherwise you will get walked over all the time

:eek::eek::eek: she's mean:green:

I agree 100%...and i don't know how my boss stuck with me...but i did grow up...eventually...:lol:

:eek::eek::eek: she's mean:green:

Maybe, but I have a business to run not a school classroom and by letting down clients because she is so called sick, its not good for business and I think I have to be mean too. Its horrible being the boss I hate it...:irked:

Is she a good worker? Do the clients love her? Does she earn you loads of money?

Or

Is she always late? Skiving? Doing the job half heartedly?

Weigh up the pro's and con's if a swift talking to will sort it and she is a valued member of the team...keep her.

If she is a waste of time - do the do:green:

Amb x

ohh... That sounds just like me when i started out in the industry. I always toke my breaks early and came back late:lol: and my attitude was so shocking i can not believe that was me, then it hit me when i was a bit hungover from the night before and nearly made a HUGE mistake with a client..... And i realised that i wasnt the best, i didnt have all the answers and i just was taken the whole thing for a nicely paid ride.

My advice to you is to see how it works out for the next couple of months and see how she copes (and you cope) if it starts to affect your work and business environment then let her go. In the end its your gut instinct that will tell you that she worth all the drama or not.

-chanel

Is she a good worker? Do the clients love her? Does she earn you loads of money?

Or

Is she always late? Skiving? Doing the job half heartedly?

Weigh up the pro's and con's if a swift talking to will sort it and she is a valued member of the team...keep her.

She is an alright worker, but one of those as soon as your backs turned she is sitting on her bum doing nothing when she has no clients in. If there is cleaning to be done she is in the loo or fafs around pretending to do something else. This is the second time she had faked being ill in less than a month. The last 2 weeks she has just about covered her wages.....oh god I sound really mean now moaning on.

She is an alright worker, but one of those as soon as your backs turned she is sitting on her bum doing nothing when she has no clients in. If there is cleaning to be done she is in the loo or fafs around pretending to do something else. This is the second time she had faked being ill in less than a month. The last 2 weeks she has just about covered her wages.....oh god I sound really mean now moaning on.

No, not mean, just peed off with her, and rightly so.

ok mate...this is getting worse.:green:

You can allow for young but bone idol??????????? hmmmmm let us know how it goes!

Latest posts

Back