Doing your own spray tan success!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great thread and just what this site is all about. I am going to try this myself.

There is a children's liquid soap, can't remember the name, but it comes out as a mousse maybe that would work?

Kandoo

Lordy, and it's so simple when you actually look at it - it's just not something that had occured to me before!

Please someone let me know your results I'm dying to know :)
I'm out this weekend and have no one to tan me! X

Ok I didn't use a mousse bottle, I used a spray bottle and put that onto my mitt.

It's gone wrong guys :( I thought that only a certain amount would be absorbed into the skin? I've got orange hands! :(my legs didn't stay that brown either.... I slept with it over night as well

boohoo

Ok I didn't use a mousse bottle, I used a spray bottle and put that onto my mitt.

It's gone wrong guys :( I thought that only a certain amount would be absorbed into the skin? I've got orange hands! :(my legs didn't stay that brown either.... I slept with it over night as well

boohoo

Oh nooooo :(
Pop and get some st moriz and pour it away to get a cheap mousse bottle you can use xxx

Anyone got any results then? I'm going to try mine out tonight :) x

Haven't had time to do mine yet, didn't get in till 11.30 last night as had an indecisive group :( so will try tonight if I'm not asleep by 7 :) x

The laurens way mousse is just the original 8% spray tan solution in a pump so it comes out as a mousse- I didn't realise the lid came off until now tho how handy! Although I tend to use Lauren's way the most anyway I might give this a try with Nouvatan which I also love!

Some self hair dyes have that kind of bottle too so if you colour your own hair you could get the bottle too xx

The laurens way mousse is just the original 8% spray tan solution in a pump so it comes out as a mousse- I didn't realise the lid came off until now tho how handy! Although I tend to use Lauren's way the most anyway I might give this a try with Nouvatan which I also love!

Yeah that's what made me think of it in the first place cos I took the lid off to see if there was much left an it was just solution which made me wonder would it work with any solution!
I've done it again tonight with a 12% sienna x can't wait til the morning!! Xxxx

I am def gonna try this. Have a few bottles of St. Moritz so will empty 1 and fill it with my solution. My hubby has been spraying me and thought he would get better but I'm still waiting for him to get better lol. We're going away on Sat for our wedding anniversary, I've bought a new dress so a perfect tan is a must. Thanks for sharing :) xx

I am def gonna try this. Have a few bottles of St. Moritz so will empty 1 and fill it with my solution. My hubby has been spraying me and thought he would get better but I'm still waiting for him to get better lol. We're going away on Sat for our wedding anniversary, I've bought a new dress so a perfect tan is a must. Thanks for sharing :) xx

How did it go? Xxx

I Tryed with a St Morizts.

I poured it out and put nouvatan in and it didn't work :( might have just been me but it just came out like water. Will have to get a Lauren's way as its a really handy item to have..

It could have just been me or my moose pop (can't remember when I last Used it so it's old) xx

I Tryed with a St Morizts.

I poured it out and put nouvatan in and it didn't work :( might have just been me but it just came out like water. Will have to get a Lauren's way as its a really handy item to have..

It could have just been me or my moose pop (can't remember when I last Used it so it's old) xx

:-( Did you shake it loads before pumping? X

No I don't think I did... I'll try again later x

I think you have to shake it loads to make it foam up... I could be wrong :-/ xxxx

I tried it by replacing st moritz with LA tan earlier and it came out fine. Not exactly a fluffy mousse, but plenty aerated enough and the colour looks fab! xx

Iv just brought a cheap bottle to try this, how do you manage to do your back though

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

Always on the lookout for self tanning tips, thanks!

Latest posts

Back