Double tips, single tips and blended tips !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsaremad

Reaction score
My sisters local salon offer the following and she asked what it ment ! - did not know ! They have double tips in a variety of colours, single tips including glitter. And acrgel or gel white or coloured tips and blanded tips clear wh-te and clear! Can some one explain please !
Posted via Mobile Device

I was intriuged by this! have done a wee search, all thats coming up is either painted nails, colour at zone1 and zone3, or two different colours at zone1 at each side. Baffled could be this but unsure! not much help, hope someone can give you an answer xx

Double tips could refer to those extra long monstrosities that are twice the length of a normal tip.

One thingis for sure, the public sure won't understand what they are offering if WE don't. :lol:

Lol Geeg if you don't know who will !!!!

ring them up and ask. i'm sure we are all intrigued now.

Well guys apparantly double tips are just that , two tips used in different colours one placed on top of the other...........result tip is a different colour on the underside and the top shops a small margin of the bottom colour !!!! I will see if I can get my sister to take a piccie next time she goes !

Intrigued to say the least :eek:

lol think I will have to persaude her to go and get them done !!! Surely it would be quite bulky and prone to breakdown ?????????????????

that's what i though!?

I've also heard of something similar from the NSS in the next town to me. I had a client book in for a set of white tips, had previously been to this NSS. I started applying clear tips & white powder and she asked why I wasn't using the white tips.

I explained that as she was a nail biter and had short nail beds I wouldn't be using white tips as I don't like that look of tips applied to far up the nail bed. She didn't know what I meant at first because the NSS would apply a clear tip first and blend, then apply the white tip on top where the smile line should sit :eek:

She did prefer my way of doing this look :)

I remember a girl at college having these back in 2002 she had a coloured tip then another on top she said they clicked in to the end of the other tip

Well I am still intrigued, my sister saw two sets on the therapist and said that they looked really good. This is the first time \i have heard of them and Carla remembers back to 2002 !!!! Surely they are not the only salon in the UK to be doing these ?????

Mmmm not the most attactive look, as you say would hate to see the underside must look pretty awful.

yes that looks like them. My friend used to come with different shade of pink on or fushia pink and yellow i remember they did look nice

YouTube - Aprende a diseñar y decorar tus uñas con Na, Tecnica enseñada Cool Flower

Think this may be double tipping??? I havent watched it all the way through yet so dont know how they turn out.

i'm not so sure the back would be ugly, they seemed to be using tips with some well on them so they would overlap pretty seemlessly on the back i think. same as when you fit a tip to the natural nail, the free edge fits in snugly to the well and leaves the rear smooth.

it seems an interesting technichue although i wasnt that keen on the finished outcome. seems to me though that the same look could be more easily acheived with fading colour powders?

always interesting to see something different though eh?
thanks for the link.:)

Well guys apparantly double tips are just that , two tips used in different colours one placed on top of the other...........result tip is a different colour on the underside and the top shops a small margin of the bottom colour !!!! I will see if I can get my sister to take a piccie next time she goes !

What a waste of extra tips, why dont they just use colour gel or acrylic to do this. Surely they wont last if you are sticking tips on top of tips. How strange. Wouldnt bother going there. Bet they are one of the chinese places that will not only do any prep but also give you a FREE NAIL ART (think us nail techs call it) the rings of fire. OUCH. lol. DONT BOTHER. Ax

just watched that on youtube they are awfull !!!!!!!!! good for a giggle though xxxx

Latest posts

Back