Dress a Nail Competition Spring/Summer 2009

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were chuffed that Sandi thought about Affiniti with regards to prizes for this comp....colour and design are right up our street, and we're delighted to be involved.

Really looking forward to seeing all the entries coming in - I'm certain they'll be some imaginative efforts!

I think a big pat on the back is due for Sandi for taking the time to organise this, and of course to the judges for putting their heads on the block:eek:

Best of luck to anyone entering - and may the best tech win!

Derek

I might enter this one, the prizes sound fab.

We were chuffed that Sandi thought about Affiniti with regards to prizes for this comp....colour and design are right up our street, and we're delighted to be involved.

Really looking forward to seeing all the entries coming in - I'm certain they'll be some imaginative efforts!

I think a big pat on the back is due for Sandi for taking the time to organise this, and of course to the judges for putting their heads on the block:eek:

Best of luck to anyone entering - and may the best tech win!

Derek

LOL we are safe,
it will be blind judgeing, we will have no idea whos is whos when it comes to looking at the pics,
and we dont take bribes :lol:
:hug:

Well I thought I wasn't going to enter, ..... then had a google at shoes for some inspiration....Now I think I have changed my mind :green:
But thinking about it, and doing it well are 2 different things lmao....
I see some back ache on the horizon :lol:

I might enter...now i have a real reason to buy new shoes and fix me toes for the summer:lol:. Great comp idea!

On behalf of Salon Geek I would like to make it plain to all partners of geeks who are entering this competition - under no circumstances did we authorise or make it compulsory to buy shoes.

You can use a picture of said shoes.

We dont want sued for the cost of new shoes LOL.

On behalf of Salon Geek I would like to make it plain to all partners of geeks who are entering this competition - under no circumstances did we authorise or make it compulsory to buy shoes.

L M A O :lol:

:lol::lol: Course not Fiona its just a great excuse for some of us :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Shoes and Nail Art!! What a great combination!!!! Two things I LOVE :green: Woo hooo... now I can get my part shoes out!!

I'm not going to enter the comp but I promise to buy at least one pair of new shoes in honour of all the geeks who enter:green:

will it be judged in relation to practicality, both from the clients perspective and also from a salon timing perspective?

will it be judged in relation to practicality, both from the clients perspective and also from a salon timing perspective?

Judging Criteria

A) Style: Does the nail complement the footwear?
B) Workmanship: Overall view of completed artwork
C) First impression: “WOW Factor”
D) Use of colour and textures: The use of colour and other media, how well does it work together?
E) Application of Nail art and finish: Is the art work neat and tidy? Nicely finished?

The above criteria is what every entry will be judged on, nothing else :wink2:

hth's :hug:

Judging Criteria

A) Style: Does the nail complement the footwear?
B) Workmanship: Overall view of completed artwork
C) First impression: “WOW Factor”
D) Use of colour and textures: The use of colour and other media, how well does it work together?
E) Application of Nail art and finish: Is the art work neat and tidy? Nicely finished?

The above criteria is what every entry will be judged on, nothing else :wink2:

hth's :hug:

yep, thats perfect sandi.
thanks very much.:hug:

Sorry to be a PITA Sandi.....are we working towards something "wearable" or "fantasy" or does anything go here? x

Sorry to be a PITA Sandi.....are we working towards something "wearable" or "fantasy" or does anything go here? x
Anything goes, providing the finished toenails complement or match the footwear :green:

I forgot to mention... I received the first entry a couple of days ago :green:

Sorry me again....can you use a pic that shows the shoes and the name is inside them although it's not a copyrighted image as such?

Sorry me again....can you use a pic that shows the shoes and the name is inside them although it's not a copyrighted image as such?
Providing the pic isn't a copyright I don't see a problem, unless someone tells us otherwise :green:

If in doubt you can always edit the name out of the shoe (or email it to me and I'll do it :hug:)

I don't know what im more excited about seeing,
the nails or the shoes lol :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back