Easy Soak??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also won one in the weekend, but I gave it to my model! :) Hannah, what do you think of it? :-D

C.

The price is higher as it is made out of durable plastic so it does not leak like the Quicksoak and doent get ruined from the acetone.

Thanks for that. Also please you had a good show!:!:

We were at Professional Beauty on stand F73... did you manage to look at our product? we had a fantastic response at the show.

I did see your stand but to be honest, I just don't want to pay the price for it. I just think it's a little too expensive.

I did see your stand but to be honest, I just don't want to pay the price for it. I just think it's a little too expensive.

I know its a little more expensive but we are aiming for the higher end of the market to give your customer better quality and experience in your salon.

We have been using it in our salon for 6 months and the customers love it as it is more comfortable and the nail technicans love it as they are earning more money because of the faster process.

I know its a little more expensive but we are aiming for the higher end of the market to give your customer better quality and experience in your salon.

We have been using it in our salon for 6 months and the customers love it as it is more comfortable and the nail technicans love it as they are earning more money because of the faster process.

Yes, I can see how it would give the customer a better experience when having their enhancements removed or having a warm oil treatment. It is also nicer looking but I'm afraid I just think it's a little over priced.

To be honest if I was in a salon I would book other appointment in during the soak off process anyway.. I'm sure technicians don't always sit there waiting while their clients have foils on or are soaking.. or do you?

you have to take all five fingers out to scrape the product off but as you know by the time you get to the third finger the acrylic or gel goes hard so you have to put your fingers back into the acetone, whereas with the EasySoak you only have one finger out at a time, making it a much faster process.

I Have never had to lift all fingers out of the Acetone wheather using egg cups - foil - or easy soak so this to me is not a benefit

I fail to see how they are making more money with the reduced time it takes to soak....weather it takes 1/2 hour or 1 hour to soak off I do other treatments in between the soak off. If I do 4 eyebrow waxes I make £20 in between the soak off so although this may benefit others it would make no difference in some cases.

With The EasySoak Nail Bath uses less acetone, is comfortable for the client, it saves you half the time and costs less to use.

Nothing uses less Acetone than a small amount of cotton pad soaked in Acetone and applied to the nail bed (the only area that needs Acetone-not the whole finger) At the same time the client can then relax and have a drink on a sofa ! ...A client cannot do this if they are stuck at a desk bolt upright with there hands in a set position 'comfortable' or not it would not be as pleasant as sat with a nice coffee and being ABLE to drink it :green: and of corse if you wanted to speed up the process you could pop the hands in heated mitts which lets face it most techs have today anyway xx

However I do think that you have a point over the product being better than the old style soak bowl !!! I used the stupid thing twice and it leaked water all over the desk.

I have to say I think theyhave done a good job in the look of this but the price is way way too high. This is more like a consumer price as opposed to a trade price IMHO but there could be reasons for this. It would be nice to have an explanation!

Hi my name is Helen and I designed and made the Easysoak. I jointly own
a Hair and Nail shop in Chalfont st Peter. About 2 yrs ago I could not buy the quicksoak bowl and tried all other methods and equipment and found them expensive and time consuming for me and the client.
So I thought I would design my own, a simple task I thought, but it has been a really hard journey questioning my own abilities and strengths.
Running a business working in that business, school runs, walking 2 dogs and house work and trying to get a new idea to market has been expensive and a challenge and I did not have a clue about patent,intellectual property rights, barcoding,shipping,packaging,tooling, commodity codes,patone colours this list is endless.
I realise Easysoak is in the higher end of the market and would love to bring the price down so it is more affordable and to sell over the internet I have to store ,pack and send out which is expensive as more wholesalers buy the product it should come down. but I do believe you are gettting
value for money, and able to offer, as well as a soak of service, a lovely hot oil manicure treatment which if the customer wants to take her/his nails off they will come back to you.
If anyone would like any further information or to speak to me call me on
0800 955 5099 between 10-2 mon to friday as I still gotta walk the dogs, do the school run and see to my own clients x

If this new bowl had the same facility as the quicksoak bowl, for keeping the contents warm, then I'd think it was pretty much perfect. :) Has it?

If this new bowl had the same facility as the quicksoak bowl, for keeping the contents warm, then I'd think it was pretty much perfect. :) Has it?

Yes, I believe it has. Think it has a chamber beneath for warm water.

Hi my name is Helen and I designed and made the Easysoak. I jointly own
a Hair and Nail shop in Chalfont st Peter. About 2 yrs ago I could not buy the quicksoak bowl and tried all other methods and equipment and found them expensive and time consuming for me and the client.
So I thought I would design my own, a simple task I thought, but it has been a really hard journey questioning my own abilities and strengths.
Running a business working in that business, school runs, walking 2 dogs and house work and trying to get a new idea to market has been expensive and a challenge and I did not have a clue about patent,intellectual property rights, barcoding,shipping,packaging,tooling, commodity codes,patone colours this list is endless.
I realise Easysoak is in the higher end of the market and would love to bring the price down so it is more affordable and to sell over the internet I have to store ,pack and send out which is expensive as more wholesalers buy the product it should come down. but I do believe you are gettting
value for money, and able to offer, as well as a soak of service, a lovely hot oil manicure treatment which if the customer wants to take her/his nails off they will come back to you.
If anyone would like any further information or to speak to me call me on
0800 955 5099 between 10-2 mon to friday as I still gotta walk the dogs, do the school run and see to my own clients x

As Mrs Geek says I think it is more of a retail price. In scratch it actually shows it as RRP so I would have expected it to be cheaper to buy for techs/businesses.

Having said this I do get where you are coming from in terms of manufacturing, storing etc. Maybe this will change as more wholesalers distribute the product for you. Let's hope it does well for you.

Good luck :)

Would it be possible to know how much acetone, in quantity, you need to use in total for all 10 'holes', ensuring the nail is completely immersed? Helen, have you measured this? If you could provide it in mls then I/we would have a direct comparison on how much acetone is used in comparison to other products. Thanks!

Yes the Easysoak does keep the water warm, but also has hidden carry handles underneath that does not get warm so you are able to move and carry in comfort, unlike the quicksoak bowl.:)

Would it be possible to know how much acetone, in quantity, you need to use in total for all 10 'holes', ensuring the nail is completely immersed? Helen, have you measured this? If you could provide it in mls then I/we would have a direct comparison on how much acetone is used in comparison to other products. Thanks!

Hi, it is very difficult to say the amount as every hand male or female is different, it like filling up a bath I have the water level higher than my partner, if he gets in after me it overflows, the way I judge it with my clients is to look at the length of their nail plate and just pour in enough to equal half their nail plate and the length of their fingers, it works the same as how much acrylic a client needs if they have long or short enhancements.

I have just ordered one from NSI. I agree the price is a little high but I really dont like doing soak offs, I never know what to say to the client whilst they're sat there. When using tin foil I have often heard people say, if I knew this was what you were going to do I'd have done it myself! Hopefully this way It will make it faster and look more professional.

I know I will appreciate using in on my own nails as I can never wrap them myself with tin foil!

It will have paid for itself after two soak offs anyway!

After seeing the Easy Soak advertised and thinking it was a good idea - I pondered whether to buy or not after reading the comments on here - but I am pleased to say I went ahead and purchased. I used it for the first time tonight to soak off and it does exactly what it says. Definitely 50% faster and I am over the moon that at last I have purchased something that does exactly what it says it does. An excellant piece of equipment. Nice design, easy to use, less mess and oh so fast. :)

I bought my Easy Soak about a month ago, and I think its great. A lot less fiddly to use than the foil method. Especially on yourself. :lol:

Hi,

Just read the thread, i'm still training as a nail techinician and think this looks fab.

Can anyone tell me how much it is exactly?

Also what other methods are there for soaking off ?

I'm not sure that we're allowed to put the prices on here but if you search for 'Easy soak' in google or have a look on the NSI website the prices are there.

The soak off bowl is one way.

Another is where you can fill a glass bowl with acetone and soak the hand/nails - there can be a lot of vapors this way and acetone will also be on other skin, not just the nails which could cause dryness.
I used to warm this bowl in a larger bowl of hot water to help speed up the process - this meant more vapors though, the hands can be covered with a towel though to reduce this.

You can soak cotton pads in acetone, place the cotton pads over the nail and wrap in small bits of tin foil. The hands can then be placed in heated mits or under a towel to speed it up. This is good for reducing vapors and is quite quick.

There are also little finger pots which you fill up with acetone and put over the finger but I found this to be rubbish!

I have to say I have used my easy soak quite alot and I love it, its more than paid for itself and saved loads of time. I used it for a hot oil mani the other week which turned out great.

Can anyone please tell me roughly how long their soak off's are taking when using the easysoak bowl ?
Including whether you take down the bulk of the product with a file first...

I know if you work in a salon you could perform other treatments during the soak off , however I imagine thats not really possible for a mobile or homebased technician (unless you are doing friends or something)
So speed is an issue in these circumstances,

Thankyou x

I have bought it from NSI. I love it. So much more comfortable for my client. The water stays warm for a long time too which is always a bonus

Latest posts

Back