Emigrating to Kitchener Ontario!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy chick

Reaction score
:hug:Hi all you Canadians,

I'm looking for anyone in the Ontario area that I might chat with as I'm coming over there to live next June from here in Bristol UK.

Can't wait, but selling our house at the moment so can't book flights yet!!!

Whats the clients there like? They must be friendlier than some of the ones here!

Speak soon. PM me if you will.

Sonia xxx

:green:just got back from Niagara went there for a week, loved it want to go out there myself. the people are so friendly and good fun. lucky you - good luck

I beleive AJ is in Kitchener.She will reply soon.

Yeeeyy, can't wait, and yes Niagara is lush, cold in the winter though!!!!

hi ya hun , i aint going to ontario i am headed to alberta , but feel free to pm me for a chat on the whole immigration issue :green:
are you going on a work permit ? or have you been doing the whole waiting years thing , lol
as for clients i aint sure if you will have to do yuor exams for licensing as every province is different,
anyway hope you get your house sold and get over there asap , i know i cant wait , lol , been on mls today already looking at houses :green:

Dee,
Where in Alberta you will settle down?
I have a house for sale in Edmonton.

Lana - Are you moving????

We moved in two weeks ago.Custom built executive house. Walk-out basement is going to be my studio and training centre.I hope everything is going to be completed in the Spring/08.

WOW Lana, that sounds nice!!!! I wish my younger bro was still living in Edmonton!!!

hello there, welcome to ontario! i live about 1 1/2 hours from kitchener but my best freind lives there and is in need of a nail tech. we have alot of nss shops, and not alot of good nail techs! my freind is a hairdresser and would love to have nails but she has a problem getting them filled when i do them for her. the last time i did a set she went to a chop shop for a fill and every nail turned green where they filled. so anyway if you want i can hook you up with her and it might be good for both of you to network together, as she has alot of clients that might also be looking for a good nail tech! let me know if you are interested, one catch though! we have to meet when i come to kw! brenda:lol:

We moved in two weeks ago.Custom built executive house. Walk-out basement is going to be my studio and training centre.I hope everything is going to be completed in the Spring/08.

OoOh! You'll have to put up pics, both Anna and I would love to see! Her and I just moved as well. Moved about a month ago into a 3500 sq ft house. The basement alone is 1000 sq ft, lots of room for the business.

:hug:Hi all you Canadians,

I'm looking for anyone in the Ontario area that I might chat with as I'm coming over there to live next June from here in Bristol UK.

Can't wait, but selling our house at the moment so can't book flights yet!!!

Whats the clients there like? They must be friendlier than some of the ones here!

Speak soon. PM me if you will.

Sonia xxx

Hey Sonia!!

How have things been with getting the house sold? hopefully well. Anna Lajourdie and I live in Mississauga, ont. The clients that we hold are really awesome to deal with. Usually if you do there nails once and do a good job its more than likely you have yourself a lifetime client. Most of Anna's clients are extremely well established with her... you could say they are more friends than clients at this point. We have started to take on new clients as of recently and all the new people are just as awesome. You'll have to let us know when you fly over, we'll have to do coffee one time and swap some stories!

Yaaayyyy! I got friends before I even go, can't wait.

I realise theres a distinct lack of good nail techs, so I should do ok, I have no complaints!!!

Had 2 viewings on the house this week, both want it but they haven't sold their own, aaaahhhh!!!!:mad:

Will keep you all updated!!! I hear theres snow due there tomorrow???

Let it snow, let it snow,let it snow!!!!

Thanks for replying!!!

Sonia xxx

Yaaayyyy! I got friends before I even go, can't wait.

I realise theres a distinct lack of good nail techs, so I should do ok, I have no complaints!!!

Had 2 viewings on the house this week, both want it but they haven't sold their own, aaaahhhh!!!!:mad:

Will keep you all updated!!! I hear theres snow due there tomorrow???

Let it snow, let it snow,let it snow!!!!

Thanks for replying!!!

Sonia xxx

You'll do fine here, I mean in the GTA (greater toronto area) there are 10 million approx. So yeah, there is nothing holding you back in doing well, lol. Hopefully the house sells soon, I know it can be tough. Depends on the area and demand. Lets hope there is demand!

You know Anna and I JUST found out it is supposed to snow later today, tomorrow, and a little the day after! Were both freaking out a little. Our car is in the shop, and we still need to get some raking done :smack: , and work the rest of the garden....not good. Also I have to be honest. I was hoping for a green birthday (Dec 3rd). I'm so used to having 4 foot snow banks by the time the middle of november hits (I'm from a town about 20 hours up northwest or Toronto). Ahhhh well, one of these times.

Just decided to pay Canada a visit January 8th for 2 weeks, gonna book flights today.

Getting excited now. Our friends that are out there chatted with us last night and re-sparked our excitement. Gonna go t Blue Mountain for a few days skiing, the kids can't wait!!!

Thanks for all your replys.

A very excited Sonia xxxxxx:)

WHOOHOOOOOO

Looking forward to "officially" welcoming you to Canada :green:

Just wait for your first winter
:lol::lol: You're going to ask yourself "what the heck was I complaining about" :lol::lol: Do you remember last winter's thread where all you guys in the UK were complaining about a smidgey bit of snow THEN I showed you pics of how I was living? :lol:

You're going to get a taste SOON.... hehehehe

And since you'll be sooooooooooo close, you will just HAVE TO take a long drive to Montreal to spend the weekend with MOI (that's me in french hehe):!:

Clients in Canada are different. Everyone here gives tips for everything. The non-tippers are rare. A tip is supposed to be 15% of the service, but most go over that. ENJOY:!:

People are lovely and just like anywhere else, you get the occasional bad apple. For the most part, it's a pleasure.

Looking forward to hearing of your impressions of Canada
:hug:

Lana, you're so cute,!

Soooooooooo, what brings you to Canada?

I live 2 1/2 hours from Kitchener. My son goes to school in Waterloo, it's a really nice place! We vacationed there in the past, love the farmer's market! You'll love it there, welcome to Canada:hug:

Where you from Pretty Pampered?

I'm in Hamilton, about 30-45 minutes from Kitchener. My sister in-law lives up there, it is a great town. Just watch out for the crazy drivers!!! lol Kitchener is notorious for their bad driving habits. Do you have something lined up for a job? There are quite a few salons and spas in the area and into Cambridge, but that depends what area of Kitchener you will be living. I hope everything goes somoothly, and you had some luck with your showings. PM or email me if you need anything.

Look at all you Canadian geeks coming out of the woodwork! - who knew there were so many hehe

I have to say that the Canadians are the nicest people I have ever met, so helpful, and so friendly. I have only had one bad experience with a canadian and actually she was originally from England so that explained it!

WHOOHOOOOOO

Looking forward to "officially" welcoming you to Canada :green:

Just wait for your first winter
:lol::lol: You're going to ask yourself "what the heck was I complaining about" :lol::lol: Do you remember last winter's thread where all you guys in the UK were complaining about a smidgey bit of snow THEN I showed you pics of how I was living? :lol:

You're going to get a taste SOON.... hehehehe

And since you'll be sooooooooooo close, you will just HAVE TO take a long drive to Montreal to spend the weekend with MOI (that's me in french hehe):!:

Clients in Canada are different. Everyone here gives tips for everything. The non-tippers are rare. A tip is supposed to be 15% of the service, but most go over that. ENJOY:!:

People are lovely and just like anywhere else, you get the occasional bad apple. For the most part, it's a pleasure.

Looking forward to hearing of your impressions of Canada
:hug:

Don't come to BC....peeps here are cheap !! :rolleyes:when I first came here I was used to tipping ( I'm from Vegas...so I know about tipping ) peeps in BC must have missed that boat ! lol......

Although I can say .....Canadians are the most friendly people I've ever met !:green:

Latest posts

Back