Engagement Party...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKRed

Reaction score
Well, I got engaged today and everyone keeps asking if we are going to have a party... well.... I don't think we can afford to, but if somehow we manage to save some money, or someone donates some to us.... what kinda party would you have? (pic of the ring - http://s7ondemand4.scene7.com/is/image/Signet/4337107?$detail475$)

We went to my friend's party last friday and it was good, but got a bit boring toward the end as I don't drink a lot. She had the whole buffet/dj thing.

We are into rock music, so a cheesy thing was something I wanted to avoid really.....

I came up with
  • Fancy Dress
  • Meal out, close friends and family
  • Pub Crawl - bit boring...
I don't know! :eek: HELP! I want to be unique IF we can afford one....

Last edited:
congratulations.xxthis probably sounds expensive but its up to you how much you spend but have you thought about somwhere like london? the most expensive thing would be your train ticket which from kent to london is as little as £12 return this also includes the underground.you can then go and do anything you want and spend as little or as much as you want?

congratulations.xxthis probably sounds expensive but its up to you how much you spend but have you thought about somwhere like london? the most expensive thing would be your train ticket which from kent to london is as little as £12 return this also includes the underground.you can then go and do anything you want and spend as little or as much as you want?

I'd love to go to london for a day or weekend but I am in Manchester :( and I doubt everyone would fork out the £45+ train fare - thanks for the idea though x

I'd love to go to london for a day or weekend but I am in Manchester :( and I doubt everyone would fork out the £45+ train fare - thanks for the idea though x

sorry i didnt realise it was that expensive.better get thinking again

Difficult one - depends if you friends/family would do fancy dress? Some people might be put off coming along?

Personally for something a little different and not in with the norm rent a function room and have a dj - you could try something like a garden party? Get the BBQ on; loads of chilled drinks and music -even outdoor games like swingball could be a laugh?

Just depends what you fancy doing really.

Congratulations again xx

and just a thought instead of ballons etc like you would have in a function room you could have garden decorations/laterns?? for decoration - hehe i get too carried away sometimes!

How about a fancy dress BBQ,peeps bring some food and drink,if your garden is large enough you could get a band in :idea:

Congratulations xxxx

i love the ring its beautiful
it would be your party so you do what you can
a little party in the yard would be good you dont have
to spend alot

Firstly - congratulations!!!!

I think Becki's idea sounds good fancydress in your back garden if it is big enough, but to just add a little, and this really depends on whether the people you invite are up for a laugh, maybe hire a bouncy castle and/or one of the rodeo bull things?
One of the mums from our school hired one of those for her wedding and she said it went down a treat. I know I for one wouldn't get off if I had one in my back garden lol.

Thanks everyone, I think I like the idea of a BBQ and bouncy castle :lol:
I will have to see what the other half thinks. Thanks girls xx:hug:

Congratulations on your Engagement. Your ring is lovely and health to wear. What about a day out followed by the Barbie at home. Maybe something like go cart racing. Good Luck :)

A bbq sounds like a fab idea, you could get people to bring food, some to bring starters, and some deserts and you guys do the mains, they bring some booze too.

Trish xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I love having garden parties. You can make them as casual or smart as you like (went to a black tie one last year).

My hubby is 40 in september and I was thinking about having one. But I cant be bothered with all the food. I thought what would be cool is to get the local fish and chip shop to do a fish supper for everyone in there own box. Peeps can bring their drink and hey no washing up.

I would have to say a bbq, you can get the food for next to nothing at Icelands and Tescos.
Maybe a Hawaiian theme, people can come in fancy dress and you can do drinks with umbrellas and all sorts sticking out.

Congratulation love the ring, think a garden party is a great idea if the weather stays like this it will be lovely.

Latest posts

Back