Exaggerated Flare Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi I have been trying to find photos online EVERYWHERE of the flared, duck-feet nails. I am in Utah and it appears that every hot young thing is sporting them and I would like to see a plethora of them before I even dare offer it as a service, (it has been requested). I personally wouldn't wear them... they look like coke shovels.... However, style is evolving... I bet years and years ago people would have thought it be goofy to wear and do all the stuff we do today so I have to be willing to learn new things. More money in my pocket, and I must say it will probably be quite fun to do... In a "coloring outside the lines" sort of way. Anyway, if anyone has any links to pics or websites that have these "Coke Shovel" nails I would love it if you could send them my way! Thanks in advance!!

I do!!! A tutorial way...some one will have to provide. but I use if I'm adding a tip to the n.nail...I would turn the tip around and get a tip that does not have much of a curve to it and usually one size bigger, or more if they want a bigger shovel....hehe:lol:
Here is a ladie that does great Work!

Myspace.com/NailsByJamie

jamie.jpg

jamie1.jpg

jamie2.jpg

you'll like these!!!

jamie3.jpg

YESSS!!!! These!! Thank you TONS for sharing these photos!! Im running off to check your myspace for more photos, flare or not!!

Ohhhhh, I forgot to mention these are not mine, there a friend of mine from myspace...lol
Go ahead chek em' out!

Have the pictures been deleted?

cannot open the pictures!!

Hmmmm, wierd, i can still see the photos. Although I did enjoy the link izzidoll provided :)

This thread has a load of pictures of flare nails........http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/71598-california-flare-stiletto-pics.html

Can we take it then that this shape is still popular and is even speading from California right across the U.S. ?
I still hope it doesn't cross the Atlantic to Europe :eek:

Having just spent the week with the some top professionals from the US I can tell you that this shape is not now and never has been what you would call popular and is not spreading like wildfire across the USA. There are pockets where it has some appeal and amongst certain groups but universally popular?? PU-LEESE!!

When nail technicians start thinking this kind of thing is attractive?... they will need their heads examining.

I for one, no matter on the money, would not be offering this finish..........if that's what you can call it.

I for one, no matter on the money, would not be offering this finish..........if that's what you can call it.

Well finish is a better word than style as those nails have NO style what-so-ever.

You know what, they remind me of that French car with the big ass? You know the add where they play "shakin' that ass"? They had to come up with a clever cute add to try and convince people that the car was anything rather than what it is which is UGLY ... the car is ugly plain and simple. You can shake that ass all you want to and it is still UGLY.

No one will ever convince me that these flares are anything but UGLY.

Well finish is a better word than style as those nails have NO style what-so-ever.

You know what, they remind me of that French car with the big ass? You know the add where they play "shakin' that ass"? They had to come up with a clever cute add to try and convince people that the car was anything rather than what it is which is UGLY ... the car is ugly plain and simple. You can shake that ass all you want to and it is still UGLY.

No one will ever convince me that these flares are anything but UGLY.
:lol: I remember that ad and that car is so ugly :lol: and im not a fan of the shovel nails either, sorry but they make me cringe x

The only time I would find them good, would be if I was on a picnic and had forgotten my spoon for the yoghurt!!

The only time I would find them good, would be if I was on a picnic and had forgotten my spoon for the yoghurt!!

I was going to say they were neither use nor ornament but in that case they could be at least useful.

:lol::lol::lol:

:hug:​

Do they come with a maid?. i wouldnt be able to do anything at all with those nails on, (the first time i had enhancements i had to sleep the night in my bra!) id never be able to open the handle of my bedroom door, let alone leave the house, or do the dishes, or change the baby or anything.

they are unusual arent they? and i dont think we have much call for them in sunny wales.

I would offer them as a service because I am the one getting paid, They are the ones wearing them. If they leave the salon loving them, mission accomplished. I worked in a clothing store selling f@*k ugly clothes that I never would be seen in, however if people want to buy, they will buy. I'm not saying they are my preferance because they are absolutely not. They are preferances of clientele to which I offer services to. This isn't a "Come get your nails done but, only get what I want you to get" salon. Women have come in requesting ghastly nail art to be serviced (although you try to consult them in a similar but tasteful choice) they want what they want. I have gone into a tattoo parlor and some artists want to put on you what thier vision of what you want is, and that is frustrating. Although nails aren't permanant like tattoos, if I wanted ugly ass flare tip nails and was paying for them, I would be discouraged to be turned away when there is someone who is capable of doing them declines because "they just didn't want to" or because it isn't thier personal taste.

giddy goodness dont let the trend come over here no no no:eek:

I would not put my name to those nails, they arn't right! They are not flattering and I would feel embarrassed if anyone knew they were done by me.

It's a fair comment though about being paid to do what the client wants & if your happy to that then that's your business, nobody should criticise you for that, it's just that they arn't pretty!

These nails always cause a stir! (maybe cause they look a bit like spoons!).

"These nails always cause a stir! (maybe cause they look a bit like spoons!)"

LAWL!! Bustin a gut here!! I have noticed that in any forum these do create a "stir". As I also said they remind me of coke shovels (pimps that kept their pinky nails long so they can shovel powdered drugs of choice up thier noses) But, I am going to offer them as a service after a few attempts. If I am able, then I am willing to my clients. If people want to look at them like :eek: ..... even though I did them, I will have the same expression.

Having just spent the week with the some top professionals from the US I can tell you that this shape is not now and never has been what you would call popular and is not spreading like wildfire across the USA. There are pockets where it has some appeal and amongst certain groups but universally popular?? PU-LEESE!!

When nail technicians start thinking this kind of thing is attractive?... they will need their heads examining.
Aaw, But Gigi, I was about to post how much I just lurve these sorts of nails :wink2:!

Latest posts

Back