eyelash tinting advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bhiffy

Reaction score
when i was training, our tutor would use about 1cm of tint and three drops of peroxide. Just reading the back of the packet on mine and it says 2cm with 10 drops, which seems a lot?

Only doing one set of eyelashes so should i stick to what i was taught or the packaging instuructions?

I tend to stick with what I was taught and never had a problem so far. I tend to find the packaging makes up too much so just half what it says x

What brand is it ? 10 drops does seem a lot. Ive used a few different brands & the one i have now i only need 2 drops but ive had others that need about 4 as the size of the nozzle has been tiny.

What brand is it ? 10 drops does seem a lot. Ive used a few different brands & the one i have now i only need 2 drops but ive had others that need about 4 as the size of the nozzle has been tiny.

its strictly professional brand

Not used that one but I would try it both ways on myself and see which works best :green:

Mine needs 10 drops-I'd follow the package instructions as the quantities vary product to product. :) but you can obviously divide the quantity of peroxide and tint accordingly as long as you divide them both by the same amount.

The brand I use at home requires only a couple of drops, but the one we use at work takes 8-10 drops. I think it all depends on the brand you are using.

I'd do what it says on the packet,they wouldnt lie cause if it went tits up you would go back to them saying you followed their instructions. you can prob tell by the consistancy of the tint as well if its ok to use. hth xx

Take what you have learned from your course but always follow the manufactures instructions this is what i was taught as product differ... always read the lable as they say :) lol xx

We were taught 2 drops to 2 cm of tint.

always use the manufacturers advice as every brand is different. I use Hive which is 1cm to 2 drops.

I was taught by Hive that 3 drops to 1 cm of tint. To add a further drop if the consistancy wasn't just right. ! I was thinking it was the overall consistancy that was important .. over the mix ratio.. ?

3 drops to 1 cm of tint. To add a further drop if the consistancy wasn't just right. !
this is what i use too, works for me

No matter what,always follow manufacturers directions.Different products require different directions.HTH,I f you need less,halve the amount.but always equal the same.HTH

I would try what is in the instructions and see what it looks like in your mixing bowl before you try it. It sounds a lot to me. I usually use about 2cm of tint to a couple of drops of activator. I have used this method with different makes of tint and it has been ok.

I have used many brands and although I agree that is is very importnat to read the manufacturers instructions I have always stuck with the maethod I was taught at college. I have heard many ppl say that I should be adding more drops (1cm -2 drops) to my mix but I find anymore than that and it runs into the clients eyes.

Hi
This happened to me when i bought some Hive lash tint, it said 12 drops on the outer box so I rang the manufacturer and they said that it was a printing error. I was a little annoyed because i was quite new to beauty at the time and the lady at Hive was quite stroppy and said that as a trained therapist i should have known it was a mistake!!!!!
So my advice is to give them a ring, hope that helps
Amanda

Latest posts

Back