Facial Product Range - Small Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
I currently use Eve Taylor facial range but find that the products are very perfumed. I thought the same about Dermalogica.

I have enquired about Clarins but you have to have 2 or more therapists and treatment rooms to qualify plus it would be an initial investment of £8,500 which would be just too costly for me as a one man band.

Can anyone recommend a very good facial range which wouldn't be too costly and would be available to a very small salon?

Yea, i'd love to know this too!

If you are looking to sell retail,as opposed to treatments only, my suggestion won't be useful, but I use Liz Earle and clients love it.

I have a small beauty studio and I use Organic Elements - the startup costs weren't horrendous - the range of facials are gorgeous! Just wish I did more!

Hey i rent a beauty room in a hairdressers so my business isnt too big and i didnt have alot of money to spend at first, i went with Cosmecuticals and took their PRIORI Advanced AHA Range and also some of their Vitage Range, my clients have loved them, i have seen great results and it wasnt too costly for me to buy in, i also use their make-up Coffeeberry Mineral make-up. It is a fantastic brand with very helpful staff! Hope this helps xxx

I'm only a small salon and use Decleor if that helps!

Im guessing that if you don't like very fragrant products maybe something like Nimue or Environ would be up your street ?

I'm only a small salon and use Decleor if that helps!

What are the start up costs for Deceor like, Martin? I'm sure I read somewhere that people have had to take out a loan to get started with them as it's quite expensive.

We used to use Susan Molyneux in the salon. Midrange prices and products were really good, full range for both face and body.

What are the start up costs for Deceor like, Martin? I'm sure I read somewhere that people have had to take out a loan to get started with them as it's quite expensive.

They're not cheap by any means, and I did get a loan to take them on, but they're not as expensive as the price quoted above for Clarins! For the face and body products, retail, free training, support, marketing materials and so forth I personally found them very reasonable.

I use gerard's - its 1/8th of what you have been quoted for clarins.

I used to do the essential oil facial from academie but they do anti ageing ones also.

Before that I used Liz Earle which I bought directly from her but obviously not a professional range but look and smell and feel divine.

What about spa journey, the start up costs seem reasonable?

I would ask for samples and then some more.

I would agree with Juliette Chris, Nimue or Environ.

They are both target driven dermacosmeceutical ranges and if you aren't into smells, going down this route could suit you down to the ground.

Susan Molyneux distribute Nimue and their start up costs are very reasonable, can't remember what my opening order was but it was less than £1,000. Training very very thorough too.

Environ used to have an opening order of around £500 but also you used to be able to do their 4 day course for around £80 and then decide if the products were right for you before committing. I have heard from several people that their training is also fab.

The reason I went for Nimue over Environ was purely packaging, I thought Environ packaging looked a little "old fashioned"

Hi
I use Remy Laure (French, great range that my clients love). Only small in UK I think but no minimum order so works for me!
Melissa

like kerrie i also use Vitage and have been very happy with them - will also be looking at taking on Priori in the next couple of months.
My clients are very happy with the facials and the products, start up costs are great and so it the training and the ongoing support!

Gerards- fabulous packaging, fabulous treatments, fabulous training, fabulous products, fabulous pamphlets. http://www.gerards.uk.com/

Hi lynne the decleor start up is £4,500 + vat but they help you with all marketing , posters advertising, visuals , on going free training new treatment launches ect, brilliant products with proven test results.
they have amazing treatmets and can really help your business to grow.
wouldnt change mine for the world x

Hi lynne the decleor start up is £4,500 + vat but they help you with all marketing , posters advertising, visuals , on going free training new treatment launches ect, brilliant products with proven test results.
they have amazing treatmets and can really help your business to grow.
wouldnt change mine for the world x

Neither would I! Decleor have helped me double my facial client list, double my retail and as a result I have seen massive jumps in my yearly profits for the past few years. The free on-going training and rep and marketting support is worth it alone!! They are a pleasure to deal with and use!

Latest posts

Back