Film Club....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sknight

Reaction score
....I was looking through the thread last night and was reading about the book club. I wanted to join from day 1 but I knew I would not be able to commit to reading the books frequently. Anyway I had an idea, what about a film club? It's so much quicker to watch a movie in your spare time.

I was thinking that if we had a group where we could go and review a film whether it is new out or a golden oldie and others can join in, it will give others like me who like to join in the chat but dont have the time/interest in books somewhere to chat.

So what are your ideas?

Stevie xxx

I think this is a great idea.......and the Social Groups are updated now so you can have more than 1 discussion, so it could be perfect for what you have in mind.
I love going to the Cinema, and also love giving my opinion on things :rolleyes::lol: so count me in!!!!

I think this is a great idea.......and the Social Groups are updated now so you can have more than 1 discussion, so it could be perfect for what you have in mind.
I love going to the Cinema, and also love giving my opinion on things :rolleyes::lol: so count me in!!!!

Well, hush my mouth:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great idea, though I'm not really up to date with films, too busy reading:)

This is a great idea! I go to the cinema every week when I can. Count me in!! XX
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, hush my mouth:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great idea, though I'm not really up to date with films, too busy reading:)

Adele, we need you.........it can be any film really old or new, your favourite film which may have some meaning to you. There wont be any film you have to see in a time period just open discussion on any film you like. What do you say? xxx

Oh this is a good idea...i go to the cinema once a month to view a film ,count me in

Underworld-rise of the lycans...quite a good film ,good special effects that's if your a horror film fan .

Count me in too! Love a good film, although i'm not too good with horror.

Me too :) i have been today to wach Benjamin button :) xx

Can I join too please?
silly question, but what do I have to do, register somewhere or just join in with the film posts once we have decided on a particular film? :confused:

I like this idea Stevie, I've wanted to join the book club but can't keep up (yep I know I'm slow !!) 2 hours + film is grand and gives me a great excuse for some down time !! xxx

Count me in too :green:

Count me in.

It might be a good idea to pick a film that is being broadcast on TV as it will be easier for more of us to watch it or record it so we can watch it when have a free hour or so.

I dont really get the chance to go to the pictures as often as I would like so would probably not be able to take part if it is new films.

I love watching and discussing films, so I'm a definate for this group.

Great idea :)

anne xx

Can I join too please?
silly question, but what do I have to do, register somewhere or just join in with the film posts once we have decided on a particular film? :confused:

I havent made it yet as I just wanted to see if anyone liked the idea but I will post a link here ASAP xx

Count me in.

It might be a good idea to pick a film that is being broadcast on TV as it will be easier for more of us to watch it or record it so we can watch it when have a free hour or so.

I dont really get the chance to go to the pictures as often as I would like so would probably not be able to take part if it is new films.

I thought we could maybe start the threads with the film title and everyone can go in and join in the goss. I was talking to Izzidoll and she suggested that rather than have a particular film to watch we just chat about any recent film we have seen be that at the cinema on tv or on a very old VHS.

Glad you guys like the idea xxx

Ok here is the link, I hope you like the logo....

Film Club

It's a tad blank at the moment as it's brand new so feel free to add your most recently watched film xxx

Last edited:
Ok here is the link, I hope you like the logo....

Film Club

It's a tad blank at the moment as it's brand new so feel free to add your most recently watched film xxx

Excellent Stevie....Film Club is here....move over Jonathan Ross!!

Love the avatar......Film Club has style!!

I think it is great in the Social Groups now you can have more than 1 discussion so people can start them about TV movies...foreign films...etc etc......
Can't wait to see what Stevie the 6th Judge thinks about the movies lol:wink2:

Adele, we need you.........it can be any film really old or new, your favourite film which may have some meaning to you. There wont be any film you have to see in a time period just open discussion on any film you like. What do you say? xxx

Righty ho - I'm in:)

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!! glad to see you all on board! I cant wait to hear your fave films so I can go out and watch them and give an opinion. Snaps for Film Club!

Woo hoo I have joined, I think this is going to be a really popular group.

Well done Stevie. :hug:

I've joined too! Very excited - I love movies almost as much as I love reading! Lxxxxxxx

Perhaps I ought to get out more! Lol

Latest posts

Back