films that make you cry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has to be Beaches. I remember going to see it in the middle of the afternoon in Birmingham with my friend before a bit of shopping and you should have seen the pair of us when we came out, talk about Alice Cooper! It was one of those where we didn't just have tears rolling down our cheeks but actually couldn't hold back racking sobs - how embarrasing:eek:

The note book has ayone seen that one ,?
soo sad at the end,

minky

Here goes lol
Titanic
Champ
Million Doller baby
Dragon fly
I have forgot the other one i think its baby jessica when she falls down the well and they have to rescue her she was down there for hours a true story

oooooh yeaah:cry: I remember cos they called hr juicy for a nick name didnt they? i cried my lil ol eyes out

Braveheart makes me cry!!!
when william wallace watches his wife die :cry:
gets me every time

An older film called Revenge with Kevin Costner who falls in love with a woman who married to a Mafia type and gets sent sent to a whore house as punishment but dies in his arms at the end! sooooo sad.
Message in a bottle, again with Kevin Costner even sadder at the end and boy did i cry! xx

ET always gets to me ... I'm a big softy aren't I?! :cry:

Recently watched MILLION DOLLAR BABY (not a big fan of Clint Eastwood flics and that was putting me off watching it!) and sat blubbing at the end of the film. Now I know why it won so many Oscars. Hubby was sat with me and knew he was watching me (hate that) had to go to kitchen for a good sob. Other film that comes to mind is GHOST even after seeing it for so many times I can still cry at it.

Paula x

I was just going to put that film!

It made me cry, and cry ..... and then cry some more and even debated whether to watch the rest of it as it made me cry so much!!

You know when there's a sad bit... so you cry... then a happy bit.. and you feel better... well this film just got more and more upsetting :eek:

It deserved an Oscar for sure... a brilliant film!

Ghost used to make me cry... seen it too much now...

My first ever sob was the 'elephant man' (think I was about 9 when videos had become really popular) - I was distraught.

Then Bambi, and the Champ.

Oh and Turner and Hooch - how could they let Hooch die?

My daughter and I have 3 films that make us blub, we look at each other to see who is going to go first.

Steel Magnolias
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop cafe
Little Women (the Whinona Ryder version) - this one we nearly start before we've even pressed play!

As for Green Mile, I howled at it, I was feeling a little down anyway and I was an emotional wreck afterwards. I've since bought the DVD but it's still in its wrapper as I can't go through the emotional trauma again.

Beaches is another one, oh and Pearl Harbour when Josh Hartnett dies. As you say Sandi it's the one when the lovely people die.

Ok Im going to sound like a right soft bugger now but the film that ALWAYS makles me cry without fail is

Monsters Inc

I hate it when tehy shread Boo's door and I cry everytime :( :o :o :o :o

a right sobber for me is

"bridges of madison county, "
with meryl streep and clint eastwood,

i watched it yrs ago and sobbed for ages , and then went to bed doing little shoulder shudders as i was still upset, i love that film
a few xmas' ago my husband got it for me on video( what a softy!)

One of the ones that always makes me cry is 'The Incredible journey'
But itdoesnt take much for me to cry at anything really... what a wuss!

The Colour Purple - (makes me very emotional)

Braveheart -(need I say anymore?)

Saving Private Ryan (sp) - I found this really upsetting in parts but it has to be one of the best films ever made, IMO.

Latest posts

Back