films that make you cry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
i have just sat and watched Pharlap - i got it for my daughter for xmas, all the way from austrailia i might add, as you cant get it in the uk. her boyfriend at the time got her a multi region dvd player so she could watch it. we (me and paula) first watched it 11 years ago, then i watched it again tonight and cried like a baby. its heart renching (well i think so anyway). another one that makes me cry EVERY TIME is green mile

what films made you cry?

The most recent film I cried at was 'The Lake House' with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. All the way through you're kept wondering about the outcome and then at the end I just couldn't stop crying! :lol:

Great film - recommend it.

Recently watched MILLION DOLLAR BABY (not a big fan of Clint Eastwood flics and that was putting me off watching it!) and sat blubbing at the end of the film. Now I know why it won so many Oscars. Hubby was sat with me and knew he was watching me (hate that) had to go to kitchen for a good sob. Other film that comes to mind is GHOST even after seeing it for so many times I can still cry at it.

Paula x

Recently watched MILLION DOLLAR BABY (not a big fan of Clint Eastwood flics and that was putting me off watching it!) and sat blubbing at the end of the film. Now I know why it won so many Oscars. Hubby was sat with me and knew he was watching me (hate that) had to go to kitchen for a good sob. Other film that comes to mind is GHOST even after seeing it for so many times I can still cry at it.

Paula x
i cried at million dollar baby and ghost too - i forgot about those:eek:

Philadelphia!!!! hands down...... Tom Hanks did an excellent job.............also River Runs through it .....they make me cry every time..........

Sobbed my heart out at An English Patient,Titanic,btbh,I am quite a soppy person and it dosn't take much.English Patient is so sad though.:cry:

oooh no, don't get me started G... lol

Gorilla's in the mist :cry:
She's having a baby (the bit where she's giving birth with Kate Bush singing) :cry:
Steel Magnolias :cry:
The Notebook :cry:
Titanic :cry:

Actually, any film where someone who's lovely dies when they really shouldn't :cry:

I don't think I've ever used the crying smilie in a reply so many times (if at all) lol

oooh no, don't get me started G... lol

Gorilla's in the mist :cry: oh yes
She's having a baby (the bit where she's giving birth with Kate Bush singing) :cry:
Steel Magnolias :cry: big deffo crying mode
The Notebook :cry:
Titanic :cry:

Actually, any film where someone who's lovely dies when they really shouldn't :cry:

I don't think I've ever used the crying smilie in a reply so many times (if at all) lol

you forget over time dont ya which films make ya cry. steel magnolias, i dawled my eyes out

Philadelphia!!!! hands down...... Tom Hanks did an excellent job.............also River Runs through it .....they make me cry every time..........

Oh gosh yes Philadelphia... when Tom is hooked up to his medication and he is talking his attorney through the Maria Calais music... I sob.. each time, I have even cried when listening my Philadelphia cd when the same music plays.. very moving.

But saying all that.. since my son was born I can cry at anything... I had tears in my eyes when I watched Hercules the other day (Walt Disney Film), if anyone is upset or being hurt in _any_ film I find myself filling up. It's quite embarrassing at times :lol:

EDIT: And all of the above!!!

The last film i watched had my eyes well up....it was Click....and thats supposed to be a comedy !!!....but when the guy saw his life had just zoomed past him and his kids were all grown up, well that just got me. (the rest was funny as hell though)...xx

OMG most of the ones listed here make me cry, but the worst to date has to be Titanic!

I just remember it so well because I was at uni at the time and drove a couple of friends to the nearest cinema to see it. It got to a point where I was really sobbing and trying to keep it all in when I heard a noise from my friend sitting next to me. We took one look at each other, realised we were both sobbing our hearts out and started laughing - only it was one of those laugh-sob-hiccup-laugh-etc types. We were totally hysterical. I had to drive us all back with my contact lenses all misted up from where the make up got onto them!!!

Bambi makes my mum cry - all I have to say to her is "Mother, where are you, mother" in a little soft voice and she gets teary eyed!

Sorry forgot to add a new one - Jack and Sarah - when she dies, leaving the baby, and he goes home and sees the lipstick on the glass etc. It's setting me off just thinking about it!

OMG most of the ones listed here make me cry, but the worst to date has to be Titanic!
When they're both on the wood, Rose is on top of it and Jack is hanging on to the side, then he lets go and starts to drift away, sinking... omg it chokes me to think about it!
I think I can feel a dvd afternoon coming on for tomorrow... :lol:

When they're both on the wood, Rose is on top of it and Jack is hanging on to the side, then he lets go and starts to drift away, sinking... omg it chokes me to think about it!
I think I can feel a dvd afternoon coming on for tomorrow... :lol:
I'm off again!

What I didn't say was that I had nightmares for two weeks - of that part on the wood, and when the rescue crew are sailing through the dead bodies, pushing them aside, and there are babies and families clinging together all dead - omg - wah!!!!

Not too many but mine are

Jack & Sarah, never watched something so tragic but also very funny at the same time. I hate seeing men cry and Richard E. Grant just is so sad in it ......

When Goose is killed in Top Gun

ET, when he handed the smarties back it set me off and I howled for all the other bits in it too, I was only about 12 at the time though :lol:

LOTR's in The Two Towers when Aragorn gets dragged over the cliff by one of the Isengard wolves, I thought that was him out of the film and was gutted and then in Return of the King when he comes out of the cave after summoning the dead army and sees the villages burning and boats going by, his tears rolled and it set me off. I've got a bit of a thing that character :lol:

Mine are
who will love my children-Old film 1980's
Pharlap same as G there
Greenmile
Lionking where dad dies
fox and the hound lol

LOTR's in The Two Towers when Aragorn gets dragged over the cliff by one of the Isengard wolves, I thought that was him out of the film and was gutted and then in Return of the King when he comes out of the cave after summoning the dead army and sees the villages burning and boats going by, his tears rolled and it set me off. I've got a bit of a thing that character :lol:

All three LoTR movies made me cry.... for all that he did a nasty thing, when Boromir dies after trying to say the hobbits......:cry:
In the 2nd when Arwen had a vision of her son with Aragorn....:cry:
And the 3rd when Arwen emerges from behind her father after Aragorn has been crowned king.:cry:

The Highlander, when his first wife dies and they play Queen "Who wants to live forever".

Armageddon, when she realises that her dad is going to die.

Greenmile.

Oooooooohhhh,
The Crow, makes me especially sad knowing that Brandon Lee actually died while make that movie.

The list could go on.

Oh and this is how pathetic I am, I cry in the sad parts of Buffy and Angel.

I know I know.

oh just remembered another one Dragonheart, when Draco dies and heads to the stars.

Here goes lol
Titanic
Champ
Million Doller baby
Dragon fly
I have forgot the other one i think its baby jessica when she falls down the well and they have to rescue her she was down there for hours a true story

I cry at everything, I even blubbed last night watching who had got through to the next round on Grease is the Word!! I had never watched it before, and only turned it on at the end so I didn't even know anything about the people!

I am such a baby, anything sad, or happy gets me going. Even the kids look across at me all the time when the tv is on just to check :lol: , and you wouldn't want to be able to see me when Comic Relief is on :eek:

Titanic (Ted has banned me from watching it again).
She's having a baby.
The Crow.
As good as it gets.
Halflight.
Those programes that are on daytime tv and someone gives birth are the worst thing though!! You'd think I was one having the baby.

Latest posts

Back