First record you ever bought?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi there............I was listening to Chris Evans on the radio on the way home from work last night (Radio 2 rocks!).....and he was getting listeners to phone in and tell him the first record they ever bought some were really embarrasing but some were really cool..considering the
usual age to buy your first record is about 11 or 12 years old.....

Anyway Geeks what was the first record you ever bought...and be honest now...
mine was
"Rockin Robin" by Michael Jackson .......and if you think that's bad my husbands was
"Ballroom Blitz" by the Sweet!!!!............:o

Mine was Joseph and his amazing techni coloured dream coat...........see, i was a geek way before i found this fab site lol

Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights

well my very first record was the Soundtrack to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! I was probably about 8 and I so wanted to be Truly Scrumptious!

My first chart record was the 7" single (good old vinyl) Can the Can by Suzi Quatro. Think I was about 10!

Son of my Father...Chicory Tip!
:eek:
I still sing it as loud as I did when I bought it!!!!

i didnt buy my first record, my nana bought it for me....it was japenese boy by aneka :eek:

stanleyann

im cringeing as im typing this but it was 'shakin stevens green door'

Duran Duran's Rio lp, I was a 'duranny' back then and every inch of one of my bedroom walls was covered with every tiny newsclip and picture. I had an earlier lp too with Girls on Film but Rio was bought first. My tastes have taken a quantum leap in the oposite direction since then but have to say I still think they are great lp's and wouldn't mind the CD versions.

I cant remember its too long ago, but I think it was
Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night or
David Bowie - life on mars

Mine was Sunday Girl by Blondie :irked:

'Caravan of Love' The Housemartins:hug:

mine was Kelly Marie cant remember what you call the song but I still know all the words to it:o :o think its called ...feels like im in love

The first one I owned was Chirpy-chirpy Cheep-Cheep :lol:

First one I ever bought was Jealous Guy - Roxy Music (well the lead singer, who's name escapes me right now!), but my Mum had already bought it that day so I took it back and swapped it for Ant Rap - Adam and the Ants :lol:

The first one I bought with my "own money" was Chesney Hawks - I am the One and Only!!!! How cool was I :lol:

Bruce Willis - singing under the board walk :eek:

I don't know whether I dare admit this one :(

Monster Mash!!! I can't even remember who sung it .... I thought it was ace at the time (12 yrs old iirc!)

shakin stevens for me "green door" even had the pillow with his face on it to :lol: god now i know im sad lol

My first ever CD that purchased was Leo Sayer's Cool Touch I was about 2 at the time.

Irene Cara's Album, the one with what a feeling on it... and I dont care what you all think, I still love it....

gosh mine was
white lines by grandmaster flash and you'll never walk alone by the crowd (for the bradford fire) god thats going back a wee while

Latest posts

Back