Flirties glue-not drying quick enough!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you give me any more info on the new glue how are the returns?

I haven't tried any other glue so can only comment on Flirties.

For some clients I'd like a faster setting glue but this is only the clients with great natural lashes where the extension sits great straight away. I find the Flirties glue just right for every other client and I'm getting good returns with it too. Can't wait to try the new Flirties glue.

Does anyone know if lash companies do samples of glue or do you have to buy the normal size bottle to try a new glue?
Posted via Mobile Device

We have been using the Flash lash for the past year and it is amazing It holds like no bodies business. New techs use the standard drying glue and we also have the sensitive glue for clients who require it .

We got such good results we now own the uk distirbution rights . Our professional site and on-line shop will be launching in the new year .

Prior to this we had used Hollywood which is also a good company

Good luck xx

Posted via Mobile Device

Can you give me any more info on the new glue how are the returns?
Hi, we have had no bottles returned so far. Only great comments on the product. www.glamlash.co.uk
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi, we have had no bottles returned so far. Only great comments on the product. www.glamlash.co.uk
Posted via Mobile Device
We will be stocking a trial sized glue soon, so people can try without the expense of a full bottle. Louise x
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi, flirties are ringing out a faster drying glue soon I think, you may want to try Glam Lash Glam Lash if you need one just now. I use Glam lash glue and had no probs. D x

I have tried Glam Lash glue and I can say that if you are advance with applying lashes then this glue will be too slow drying. Otherwise is good.
I have returned this glue to Louise. I use Lash Perfect which is really fast drying but can irritate some clinets throat.

I have tried Glam Lash glue and I can say that if you are advance with applying lashes then this glue will be too slow drying. Otherwise is good.
I have returned this glue to Louise. I use Lash Perfect which is really fast drying but can irritate some clinets throat.

So bellalash would you say it isnt the 1-2 sec dry time they quote? how fast did you find it?

So bellalash would you say it isnt the 1-2 sec dry time they quote? how fast did you find it?

I would say about 5-6 sec. Very often I get clients with their lashes faced towards inside eye. In that case lash need to be applied facing right way and is glued only to short part of natural lash. With Glam Lash is just not possible to apply lash that way cos glue does not bond quick enough, I had to hold lash with tweezers until it settled, when I let it go too early lash was twisting down..

hi glam lash what are your returns like on your new glue.
and how long have you been trialing it now
and can u tell me the price of your trial bottle and full size bottle
thanx in advance
ooh one last thing do u hav to do a glue test b4 hand
xx

Hi, We have been trialing for 3 months. The trial has now finished. Returns our students have had have been great. We advise that you do a patch test. Sorry we are not stocking any trial bottles as they actually cost us more than full size bottles. We have just won Best New Product for Glam Lash and have excellent feedback.
Lou x

Last edited:
Hi, We have been trialed for 3 months. The trial has not finished. Returns our students have had have been great. We advise that you do a patch test. Sorry we are not stocking any trial bottles as they actually cost us more than full size bottles. We have just won Best New Product for Glam Lash and have excellent feedback.
Lou x

wow i have just looked up this award you have won and the winners benefit's, i wouldn't call it a win when they charge you around £600 for the trophy and logo etc..
i would call that a con.

You dont have to spend a penny on the winners pack (its just an option), the awards company do not use sponsors so have to charge for producing trophys etc.. We had to submit a presentation, then were asked a series of questions about the business / products, we needed customer feedback and verified testimonials, then entry was submitted to panel of judges. My friends 2 companies did not win so not as easy as you may think. Lou xx

Well done on the win Louise!
I am wondering how many people use this company as it costs £150 entry fee! You have to pay that for every category entered too. What happens to the people that enter and don't win anything? Surely they must be just £150 out of pocket-this doesn't seem right.
Did your 2 friends who didn't win anything get their money back?

There is an entry fee, but its for as many categories as you like. we only entered the one thast was relevant. If you dont win you dont get your money back. The same way that if you pay an entry fee for a nail competition or similar and dont win you dont get anything back.

I usually dont enter many things that have an entry fee but though it would be good for us with the Scottish Beauty Show coming up. The one good thing about it is they check all the testimonials and references you give as back up so only companies that deserve to win do. Although dont know how HMRC tax man won an award :) I didnt give them a testimonial for their helpfulness lol x

Last edited:
Hi, You do need to do a patch test before hand. Have sent you a pm with details. If you dont go with us Im sure there will be at least a few other companies in your area that will be able to help. I wasnt aware some training providers had pregancy listed as a contraindication. Lou x

Yeah, i trained with Nouveau and you can't do the treatment on pregnant women. It isn't a contraindication though. They just don't want you to do it just in case anything happens to the baby and the client might try and blame you. All to do with this sue-happy nation i suppose :rolleyes:

Hi, So they dont list it as a contraindication? is it just their preference?
I would check the exact wording before booking another course. They contact the insurance company with the exact working and get it in writing if you can carry it out.
Its such a minefield the insurance business.

On a personal note, when I was pregnant I was allergic to everything! Make up, shower gel, shampoo the lot. So maybe not such a bad policy to state its preferable not to lash a pregnant woman. Lou xx

i did contact the company i trained with, and they said no.
so if they say no then it is a no no no go, and if they say no then the insurance is not covered.
so i hav just booked with another training course that says i can lash pregnant ladies from day one.
i might try them all hehehe
xx

Latest posts

Back