Fraud commited

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cath.p.

Reaction score
I sold my portable treatment couch on geekbay and my happy customer... a fellow geek..... recieved it on 25th July. I have still not been paid, I just get fobbed off with excuses. And if you read this ... you know who you are! So just a word of warning to everyone who is good and trusting like myself. DO NOT SEND STUFF BEFORE PAYMENT IS RECIEVED!!!! I am soooo angry, It even cost me £10 postage to send it...... The couch was virtually brand new and a can ill afford to giving stuff away like this. So justbecause someone is a geek don't think you can trust them because where money is concerned you can never tell :( :mad: :cry: :irked: :evil:

Cath. that's really awful and puts a real downer on GMG's idea for fellow geeks to be able to sell goods knowing that they were more likely to be going to a professional who is fully trained. Whoever hasn't paid you should hang their heads in shame and transfer the money into your account tonight.

I hope you get it sorted.

Do you know what, ive had the same thing happen to me with a fellow geek. I only sold her a box of un -used millenium tips, and didnt charge p+p, and i never received the money. And i think she has changed her name on site as i dont see her anymore, but she knows who she is and i still have her address. Im not bothered about the money, it was only a few quid, its the principle of it.

I know its discusting isnt it!! I'm furious and will be taking action as I am not known for being a door mat to walk on.... She'll be sorry

mmmmmmmm this really is not on!!!!!!!!!!!

Let it be a warning to all, not to send an item until payment is received, and cheques cleared as well. It's so sad that this has happened.

Clear your inbox as I have tried to pm you.
pinkshell_nails said:
Do you know what, ive had the same thing happen to me with a fellow geek. I only sold her a box of un -used millenium tips, and didnt charge p+p, and i never received the money. And i think she has changed her name on site as i dont see her anymore, but she knows who she is and i still have her address. Im not bothered about the money, it was only a few quid, its the principle of it.

So out of order! How could someone be so dishonest? I hope this thread makes the person see the error of their ways and get the money to you sharpish.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, its a shame someone took advantage of your kind nature
:(

I should post her name up here so everyone is warned about her!! Wadya think ?

Cath.p. said:
I should post her name up here so everyone is warned about her!! Wadya think ?

With all do respect, I don't think that's a good idea hun, we don't want a war to break out! Have you tried pm'ing GMG?

xxxx

I know really, but im just so upset about it im just ranting really!!
Rose143 said:
With all do respect, I don't think that's a good idea hun, we don't want a war to break out! Have you tried pm'ing GMG?

xxxx

I agree you should name and shame, anyone who has experienced this should do the same so everyone else knows for future reference. It is illegal and you will be having the last laugh at the end of the day. My bof is in the police and he says it is theft- get onto Geek and see what they want you to do, other than that if you have the culprits address go to the police.Good luck hun
x

I'm planning on doing, don't you worry.
k8tie said:
I agree you should name and shame, anyone who has experienced this should do the same so everyone else knows for future reference. It is illegal and you will be having the last laugh at the end of the day. My bof is in the police and he says it is theft- get onto Geek and see what they want you to do, other than that if you have the culprits address go to the police.Good luck hun
x

k8tie said:
x

Not trying to be funny K8tie but what is this honestly going to prove and what positive response will you get from publicly humiliating someone, it's not gonna get Cathie her money any quicker and I think naming somene can only make others loose respect for you if you use it in this way, when you know it's wrong to do it in the first place.

I think let Cathie make her own mind up as to how she is going to deal with it and I still think GMG should be notified!

xxxxx

Perhaps threatening to name this person may make them shamed enough to get payment over pronto.

The thing is if they have done it to you then they may do it to others. Perhaps the geekbay system needs tweaking so that the seller and buyer have a legal transaction that is finalised on-line, like E-bay. But also so that the seller can leave reputation remarks for a buyer - be it good or bad, like E-bay.

Cath I had someone who didnt pay me ... although I hadnt sent the goods either, I kept sending her emails to ask her if she still wanted the item she bid on. When she didnt respond I reported her. It turned out she was away on holiday for 2 weeks, she had sent a payment through paypal but couldn't tie it up to me as she used her friends account (she said it said unclaimed payment!).

So I am just trying to give your ebayer the benefit of the doubt (cos thats the way I think - such a sucker really!) she maybe on holiday? Or have you established she isnt away and just not paying??

Sorry to hear of your bad experience, hope you can sort it out without too much trouble :(

Sassy Hassy said:
Perhaps threatening to name this person may make them shamed enough to get payment over pronto.

The thing is if they have done it to you then they may do it to others. Perhaps the geekbay system needs tweaking so that the seller and buyer have a legal transaction that is finalised on-line, like E-bay. But also so that the seller can leave reputation remarks for a buyer - be it good or bad, like E-bay.

There is a feedback system - I left a gold star and a comment like you do on Ebay for SandyP who sells dried flowers. There is a positive, negative and neutral option. Click on a sellers name that has a wee star to see the comments that have been left. HTH

I have pm'd gmg. I'm not going to name and shame the culprit... yet! I am taking legal action if payment is not recieved by friday. I have proof that we agreed a price, the bed was sent, and recieved. So she has commited a fraud by ageeing to pay a sum of money for goods. Its either fraud or theft.

The positive thing to come from it is that it wont happen to you, or me or any other honest geeks. That's my opinion anyway. I honestly dont think cathy will get her money back now anyway, not through 'normal' means anyway so I think she has every right to do it if she wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back