Fraud commited

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its totally out of order. I think if cath doesnt have any luck by going round all the right routes, then it should be her choice to naem and shame the person in question. This person obviously isnt that bothered as she would have paid up by now. I dont think its fair that cath should have to fight to get her money from this person.

Hi, I totally agree with Rose143, and don't think naming and shaming is an option here...
Cath p has done the proper thing and notified GMG and brought to the rest of the geeks attention. Now we are all a litle bit more aware, and will await payment before goods are despatched.
As I think at was Cameo val said it might be a genuine error (ok we know it isnt)....but it definitely is a lesson learned for Cath P and a note of caution for the rest of us....thanks Cath P for the warning and for NOT naming the party concerned.

nemotail said:
There is a feedback system - I left a gold star and a comment like you do on Ebay for SandyP who sells dried flowers. There is a positive, negative and neutral option. Click on a sellers name that has a wee star to see the comments that have been left. HTH

Yeah I know, but there should be feedback for the seller to leave the BUYER so we can see if they are a good customer or not.

Sassy Hassy said:
Yeah I know, but there should be feedback for the seller to leave the BUYER so we can see if they are a good customer or not.

I think it's disgusting that some Geeks have abused the Geekbay system. You'd expect it on Ebay but I thought we were all friends on here. Maybe I'm niave but I like the 'family' feel on here & hate to think that 1 or 2 selfish Geeks could spoil it.

Hopefully GMG will dish out a suitable punishment but I hope whoever it is doesn't rejoin the site under a different name, just to do it to someone else.

Cath, I hope it gets sorted out for you ok. Will try & send you a nice pressie on the site to make you smile. (Not sure how so don't hold your breath for it!)

Shannon x

What a shame that this happened. It is unfortunate that a few thoughtless people can spoil things for others. If you can't trust a fellow geek who can you trust?? I think you are doing the right thing by notifying gmg & taking legal action if you don't get payment. Couches are not cheap, it's a lot of money to lose if you don't get it back. Good luck.

Naming the shameful Geek won't make the money appear in your account, sorry but I think that naming the person concerned will do no more than make the matter worse.
It's a bad show that the person concerned hasn't paid you.
A fellow Geek (you know who you are :D) went out of her way to not only send me some dried flowers etc but also a couple more bits and bobs, she went and bought them with her own money and trusted me to send the money on to her afterwards, I was getting worried when the goods hadn't arrived and felt even worse when my payment hasn't arrived to her in an acceptable time.
This is the other side to the coin...
there are good people in every walk of life, there are also people who will abuse the system and also abuse peoples kindness
...or in other words take the proverbial 'p'.
IMO you shouldn't have sent the goods until payment was received, maybe a mental note for the future should be made.

This is really bad and quite a worry no one can afford this to happen. I just hope the person involved reads this thread and either pays up or gives the couch back.

Very naughty
Caz xxx

I can't believe that something like this would happen on this site..! I really hope you get your money Cathie, its not fair that you should lose out.

I also agree that there should be some kind of contract system like ebay as i have sold on geekbay and the person that won then said they had no money and no longer wanted the items..!

Cath.p. said:
I have pm'd gmg. I'm not going to name and shame the culprit... yet! I am taking legal action if payment is not recieved by friday. I have proof that we agreed a price, the bed was sent, and recieved. So she has commited a fraud by ageeing to pay a sum of money for goods. Its either fraud or theft.

Stuff like this really does leave you feeling down doesn't it.....mostly people on here are really friendly and helpful and its such a shame when the odd individual lets the side down.

My fiance is a policeman and he said this kinda thing comes under Obtaining Goods by Deception, contrary to Section 13.1 of the Theft Act of 1988. So if you have the geeks details they should be able to help you out.

You definitely should not have to just give up something like this.....a couch is big thing to just hand over to someone without receiving payment.

Hope you get this matter sorted soon!! :hug:

I think you should contact the police, detailing what has happened and also get the person's name and address ready to give to them.There are some real idiots in this world. You can't trust noone but yourself sometimes.

Hope you get it sorted out!

Hi

This really is disgraceful and its what puts you off selling things on the internet. I do so hope you get your money kath.

I can't believe a fellow geek has done this!

I hope you get it sorted soon, I'm sure GMG will but his powers to very good use!!!

Good Luck hun!

omg, how can someone do it, i am lucky not to have had any dishonest people but i know they are out there,

i hope you get it sorted soon and the person with the couch reads this thread and thinks twice before doing it again

I am going to go against the grain here a bit.... I know it feel's like one big happy family on here but I would never send something like a couch without having the money up front, not so bad with something small maybe like dried flowers.... but a couch?

I do think that its disgraceful that someone has done this to you, but I think you were a little bit silly to send it in the first place, sorry. I dont think GMG would want to be dragged into this, what can he do about it? he just runs the site he has no control over who uses it other than banning them but that wont get your money back..

I hope you get it sorted x

I have to agree with Sherrie, in that you should never send any goods before receiving payment. I guess we have to remember that this is just one website on the world wide web, and absolutely anyone can register, good and bad, and appear to be a trustworthy person.

I hope you do get the money you are owed.

Sue

disgraceful.....

I would never send anything without payment EVER EVER.

I hope you get it sorted soon hun.

Ambx

no you should name and shame !!! they knew it was dishonest in the 1st place so why let somebody else go through this , what the saying once bitten etc, if this had happend to me then thats what i would do,
Lainey01

lainey01 said:
no you should name and shame !!! they knew it was dishonest in the 1st place so why let somebody else go through this , what the saying once bitten etc, if this had happend to me then thats what i would do,
Lainey01

Lainey I don't mean to sound disrespectful but you have only just joined our little community here and we firmly believe in making love not war. Just so you know for future reference, we are all here to help each other through tough times not humiliate each other!

I don't think it really matters how long people have been a member for, everyone is going to have a very strong opinion on this subject..! I think we are all entitled to say what are opinions are wether right or wrong.

Just to put another perspective on the matter, whilst there are clear legal ramifications to buying at an auction and not paying (for whatever reason and it could all be some big horrible mistake) there are also legal ramifications for naming and shaming a person in a public place like this. My advice (with my lawyer's hat on), would be not to name the person involved and when all else fails send her a letter threatening legal action and notifying her of the fact that you will be adding interest to the amount owed. Then, if you still have no joy pursue her through the small claims court.

Gosh I don't know what came over me then...but my nails are a nice colour.

Best of luck

Fran
xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back