Freeforms by The Edge - nails in 30 mins

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look a bit like the stick on's you buy in the chemist for €10 to me!

I agree, its a really awful advert for their products.

Is it just me or is the finger in that advert really ugly - last pic looks more like a toe!!

its not just you, coz thats exactly what i thought:lol:

Is it just me or is the finger in that advert really ugly - last pic looks more like a toe!!

Yep , I thought the same and it actually looks like a retail glue on!

No offence meant to anyone, And i must admit i havnt seen the mentioned advert,( my mags take a bit to get to me ). I purchased some "DUAL SYSTEM" forms from madrid a couple of months ago, an from the picture's i have seen, they are POPITS!!!!! And I do mean they are exactly the same,,,, so i assume these dual system forms have been around for a little while.

Ok..... what the hell are poppits and dual systems and all this sort of stuff! I may have been on Mars. Is it those new dip the fingers in the acrylic things?

There have been lots of threads recently, most notably 'The next Big Thing'
but you can go into Tutorials and click on 'What are Popits' for the real lowdown. hth

No offence meant to anyone, And i must admit i havnt seen the mentioned advert,( my mags take a bit to get to me ). I purchased some "DUAL SYSTEM" forms from madrid a couple of months ago, an from the picture's i have seen, they are POPITS!!!!! And I do mean they are exactly the same,,,, so i assume these dual system forms have been around for a little while.

i think that is where they are made, popits seems to be the name that the british distributor has adopted.
how are you getting on with yours, are you making lots of extra profit?

ok so Ive been to tutorials and there isnt a 'what are poppits' one. Now I know what they are and after reading the other tutorials I want to see a larger pic of the actual popit. Cant find a thread or link with large pics of them as the ones in Geegs tutorial are really small.

It will be interesting to hear how these other things by the Edge pan out! The fact that their photos in the ad look naff is nothing to go by really, if you went to the Spanish site for the dual system forms (aka in the UK Popits) you would also question the end result! IMHO.

I have seen these done in the flesh & they in no way resemble what was produced on the Spanish site! I am wearing a full set myself, if nothing else at the mo they have saved my sanity as far as doing my own nails goes!

Larger box, smaller price - so lets see!

It will be interesting to hear how these other things by the Edge pan out! The fact that their photos in the ad look naff is nothing to go by really, if you went to the Spanish site for the dual system forms (aka in the UK Popits) you would also question the end result! IMHO.

I have seen these done in the flesh & they in no way resemble what was produced on the Spanish site! I am wearing a full set myself, if nothing else at the mo they have saved my sanity as far as doing my own nails goes!

Larger box, smaller price - so lets see!

How does the price compare to Poppits - are they cheaper?

i received a freeform sample today. I got 3 sizes and basically they look like a clear nail tip with size number on and are very flexible. I have tried out the form on my left index finger and am impressed so far. I do agree that the advert in scratch was not very good and imo a bit too much white but personally i am pleased with the result. Will let you all know how it goes in a few days. I have not yet received my popit sample and wont buy till ive tried them both but im sure they are all designed to work the same way. X

I am going to stick with popIts because I have seen the blood sweat and tears gone into promoting them, on here..
I have seen the demonstration and have living proof (well no not living..but you know what i mean :lol:)
Firmly attached to my finger nail....

I know where they come from..how they are made etc...I feel the education on what I was using was there for me by the company providing them, all given for free.

I'm thinking about getting some so that I can pratice my smile line and applying acrylic without my clients falling asleep :)

i think they are brill i did a full set and the look nothing like nss nails they look really natural infact the look way better than using a white tip so il never use white tip again as i found a better replacemnt im more of a gel gal and most of my enhancments are done with a natual tip and gel but like i said i do have some clients requesting acrylic with a white tip so from now on il jus use freeforms and il also usse them on myself there so fab and every body has commented on them but the work for me so i think its a trial and error thing if it works for you then great as its a nice altternitive

They are much of a muchness compared to Popits (I have them both), I suggest you get samples of both and make your own comparisons.
Here are my videos of Popits
Nail Zoo Video Page
Although they look easy, you still need skills in acrylic application to maintain and refill them etc, no doubt they are brill, but they are no the be all and end all.

If you think you can rely on Popits/Freeforms instead of talent, you are in for a shock.

Last edited:
i tried with a couple of the edge freeforms and would like to do a few sets.
i have plenty of poppits if anyone would like to swap say 10/20 of each - pm me if you are interested

Latest posts

Back