Geeky bookclub?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

October Book Of the Month

• The Outsiders

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • A Town Like Alice

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • The Ladykillers

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Awesome, thanks. I love books, I edited and added a recommended book or 2 :biggrin:

If you ever fancy any of my recommendations off my book case then I can post them to you if you want :hug:

I have 100's and 100's of books lol

Rachel xxx

Torey Hayden is a fab author, so is Martina Cole. I will join in, but can I do certain months.... ie, if I own the book of the month as I have absolutely no spare cash to buy them at the moment and I usually forget to take library books back! :eek: Sorry if I sound really Lame! x

I recommend:

Chris Mooney - The Missing (Author Chris Mooney)

Tess Gerritsen - Vanish (Tess Gerritsen: Vanish)

And I dont charge late return fee's lmao xxxx

How about this as a little suggestion.......Why don't we :

VOTE on a poll for the book selection, every month then close the thread once voting is complete.

THEN discuss it in a Book Group, that way we can really discuss it...i.e. give the ending away :lol: as in I can't believe he actually dies!!! :eek:...or whatever...
Which on the open forum may spoil it for people who haven't joined in but still would have liked to read the book!!!
What do you think Chels??....sooner we get the rules we can get started...did I mention I was excited about this!!!!!:o:

How about this as a little suggestion.......Why don't we :

VOTE on a poll for the book selection, every month then close the thread once voting is complete.

THEN discuss it in a Book Group, that way we can really discuss it...i.e. give the ending away :lol: as in I can't believe he actually dies!!! :eek:...or whatever...
Which on the open forum may spoil it for people who haven't joined in but still would have liked to read the book!!!
What do you think Chels??....sooner we get the rules we can get started...did I mention I was excited about this!!!!!:o:

sounds great! I shall open a group up and get started.. just waiting for the ok! :green:

Count me in too... love to read but haven't been doing much of it lately.

I too like a good thriller.... james patterson, mary higgins clarke especially. Chick flicks good too... Fiona Walker, Katie Fordde are a good read. But I have been obsessed with Phillipa Gregory at the moment, she writes about the sex, politics and intreague that surrounded the tudors (it would have to be The Constant Princess..) I'm sure there's lots of poetic licence in there but still good. Can't wait.... library card on the ready!!! :biggrin:

I'm in a book club at my local pub (ladies only, so you can imagine how long the meetings go on for :biggrin:) and we read A Thousand Splendid Suns last month. Fantastic book which I would highly recommend.

I voted for a Town like Alice as it is a book I have always meant to read and never got around to....but I am happy no matter what book we get to read!!!

I'm in a book club at my local pub (ladies only, so you can imagine how long the meetings go on for :biggrin:) and we read A Thousand Splendid Suns last month. Fantastic book which I would highly recommend.

Did you cry? I finished the book this afternoon and over the lat couple of day it's had me in tears on more than one occasion! Best book I have read in a long time.

Come on Ladykiller! I think my sis has this book and i REAAAALLY wanna read it!!

I'm currently reading Tess Gerritsen - The Bone Garden, so I gotta hurry up and finish that one!

I voted The Lady Killers, I have never read it so would love too.

I'd love to join too. I am a big reader and always have a stack of books to read. I'm a big fan of the classics and sci-fi/fantasy, especially comic fantasy. My absolute favourite author is Terry Pratchett (Discworld) and my favourite book of all time is Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman. It's definitely the book I lend out the most!

In theory I have more time than normal at the moment as I'm on maternity leave but with baby due any day (6 days overdue already!) I have no idea if I will have time to read! I've been building up a selection of books to read while I've been off work and haven't made much progress with that (or the pile of DVDs waiting to be watched!).

I noticed you mentioned The Lovely Bones in the thread, it would be nice to have this as a book of the month before the film is released. It is a great story and draws a lot from the author's personal experience. Quite an emotional book though so depends how people feel about that.

I will read just about anything so looking forward to seeing what everyone recommends.

I have already read The ladykillers but could always read it again if I can find the book :lol:

Count me in too... love to read but haven't been doing much of it lately.

I too like a good thriller.... james patterson, mary higgins clarke especially. Chick flicks good too... Fiona Walker, Katie Fordde are a good read. But I have been obsessed with Phillipa Gregory at the moment, she writes about the sex, politics and intreague that surrounded the tudors (it would have to be The Constant Princess..) I'm sure there's lots of poetic licence in there but still good. Can't wait.... library card on the ready!!! :biggrin:

i love all of phillipa gregory books....only novels (based on historical people) i read, i am a historian so love alison weir (if you love gregory youll love alison weir.....more factual and true.
like i said i dont tend to read novel....i am more "a life and times of...such and such" becasue history fasinates me. and i am a consant reader read one book usually buy another two in succession.
great idea of a book club

Come on Ladykiller! I think my sis has this book and i REAAAALLY wanna read it!!

I'm currently reading Tess Gerritsen - The Bone Garden, so I gotta hurry up and finish that one!

I love tess gerritsen too !!!!!!!!

i love all of phillipa gregory books....only novels (based on historical people) i read, i am a historian so love alison weir (if you love gregory youll love alison weir.....more factual and true.
like i said i dont tend to read novel....i am more "a life and times of...such and such" becasue history fasinates me. and i am a consant reader read one book usually buy another two in succession.
great idea of a book club

DUDE! You SOOO have to read Peony In Love by Lisa See! It is a historical fiction about the VERY first published literary criticism written by women in the world. The authors were wives of the same man, a poet, in China. None of them lived past the age of twenty. The major details of the story are "derived", for lack of a better word, from fact/history, but she weaves such an amazing and strangely down-to-earth story around it. Amaaazing book, very easy to read, and only 3-pound-something at Tesco!

When does the voting end Chels? Want to go buy my book and get started :lol:

Ladykiller it is then... read it before, it's a fab book :D

Latest posts

Back