Gel nails, Blue sky

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to add that if you are going to buy this nock off shellac then you clearly are wanting something like shellac so why not buy the genuine article.

No one said you had to use it or you are inferior because you don't use it.I don't use shellac I use orly and have used gelish and opi gel,I will be investing in shellac but not yet. not everyone uses it so let's stop with this really stupid childish behaviour.The issue is as others keep saying is that it is not genuine and you will never know what it is made of and how it would effect your clients.Surely that is a big warning sign.

If you bought this stuff you would not have your clients interests at heart only your purse which to be quite Frank is disgusting and not professional at all and you have no place in the beauty or nail industry.

There are plenty of cheeper brands out there you could choose other than that crap.

BobSweden makes very valid point which one poster asked for so there is the facts for you along with what every other professional geek has said.If that isn't enough evidence for you then maybe you will listern when you either cause a massive allergic reaction,you get sued or someone looses a finger because of your negligence.

I had a "nail tech" do my nails last year and she used bluesky "shellac" and it lifted off within 24 hours, absolute junk, don't waste your time/money

Hi i have had this on my nails today its colour changing with the heat changed colour from purple to blue. i didnt no it was called blue sky. i got told it will lasy 2 to 3 weeks.

Bluesky Shellac = cheap & cheerful

CND Shellac = long lasting, worth the money, safe

Problem solved.

Hi. I use blue sky. I was trained using blue sky. I like it. I prefer it to CND as it is thicker and self balancing. It can last a long time I've had it for over 3 weeks before but it can also only last a week. Its all about your prep before hand. Its not a fake product they have a website its a genuine brand its just a cheaper one.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Hi. I use blue sky. I was trained using blue sky. I like it. I prefer it to CND as it is thicker and self balancing. It can last a long time I've had it for over 3 weeks before but it can also only last a week. Its all about your prep before hand. Its not a fake product they have a website its a genuine brand its just a cheaper one.

If its so 'genuine', why does it have the word SHELLAC on the bottle? A professional brand would not bite another brands name.

If its so 'genuine', why does it have the word SHELLAC on the bottle? A professional brand would not bite another brands name.

It no longer has the word shellac on its bottles but bluesky gel polish as they got taken to court by cnd x

I don't understand the problem.... If you did your research you would know that the are a official product....just because it was made in China makes no difference....do you know where CND is made?

I actually brought a bottle of bluesky last week from ebay as wanted to see it in person. It was as thick as custard and the smell was like cheap cheap nail polish and paint mixed together. Like childrens nail varnish or the cheap nail art pens of ebay. It went straight in the bin.

Ive always slated bluesky due to copying etc... but now ive seen the actual stuff my belief that it is a horrible,cheap polish is even more set. I wouldnt advise using this stuff. You dont have to use cnd shellac there are lots of other fab brands out there but stay away from this stuff. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

I had it done on my toes once last year, I couldn't get it off for love nor money! I soaked it, filed it and picked it and still it was stuck like glue. I myself use CND Shellac, it hasn't been cheap but it's been worth every penny and have never had a complaint yet :)

I have experience in bluesky, my eldest daughter (12) used her own money bless her to buy me 2 pots for christmas! I used them on myself, they lasted almost 3 weeks, removal took a while, but just needed longer soaking.. Since setting up mobile I have started my collection of CND shellac & gelish (Im a professional and wouldnt dream of offering a non-professional, unknown, knock-off brand to clients - period!). I now offer Gelish and CND shellac to clients, I have various results from both depending on clients, their nails, and their aftercare. However, I do still occasionally use the bluesky on mine or daughters nails, they were a gift, and I use them because of that!
In short, my personal opinion is that as professionals, we have a choice and a reputation to make. I choose to offer CND and gelish because they are top quality, well known, and safe, and I choose to pay that bit more for these products to build upon and keep my good reputation as a professional.

Hi, why do you say these are unprofessional products. The way I see it is that the only reason they have been given a bad name is because of brand specific training by other companies. As you said your self they lasted 3 weeks. I think people that have spent a lot on shellac etc are frightened that they have wasted there money so slate blue sky.
Don't get me wrong I will buy CND etc for my high end clients but for people who are happy for a low cost gel manicure blue sky is perfect, IMO :)

Hi, why do you say these are unprofessional products. The way I see it is that the only reason they have been given a bad name is because of brand specific training by other companies. As you said your self they lasted 3 weeks. I think people that have spent a lot on shellac etc are frightened that they have wasted there money so slate blue sky.
Don't get me wrong I will buy CND etc for my high end clients but for people who are happy for a low cost gel manicure blue sky is perfect, IMO :)

No other company has given bluesky a bad name, blue sky did that all by themselves when they copied CND.

They copied down to the bottles and colour names. If bluesky was such an amazing product they wouldn't have to ride on the back of a company. If bluesky was such an amazing product they would of brought out a new gel polish, in their own branding, their own colours and names. Bluesky cant even spell words correctly on the back of their bottles. Not professional in my opinion and many others. The product is sold to anyone. Bluesky is a rip off product and a nasty one at that. No pro uses it as it isnt a pro product.

Im happy to spend my money on CND shellac because the support and training you have is amazing. No tom dick and harry can buy it and they support the professional. I will never be scared of such an inferior product and will never use it.

I love CND Shellac because I know its the real deal, I dont buy second rate products as my clients expect more than that and deserve more than that. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

:eek:I dread to think what your clients will think if they realize you have categorized them like this.
My advice would be to read BobSweden's post a couple of times.

I'm not the least bit frightened that I have wasted my money on cnd shellac. I've used it since it was launched and would never change it for a copy because its cheaper.

:eek:I dread to think what your clients will think if they realize you have categorized them like this.
My advice would be to read BobSweden's post a couple of times.

I havent categorized anyone some people can't afford £25-£30 treatment a fortnight so I offer them a £15 one.
I read that guys post.... It doesn't change anything in my eye but I'm not easily persuaded. But I do see everyone's point.... It won't stop me from offering the clients the option. If there was a ban on the product because of safety reasons then yes of course I would stop then

Recently spoke to my insurance company, adding pamper parties to my policy, got chatting and they told me they only don't insure bluesky! Not that I use it but at Solon Gold it's uninsurable 💅

SamanthaA can I ask why you are so entrenched on using such a product as Bluesky? I haven't read the whole post fully just scimmed. I appreciate that you want to offer a service to clients that have different price points, but their health doesn't have a different damage point. What do the MSDS sheets say on this product? If you don't have these or have access to be able to obtain these, then surely that in itself is telling you something....and not for the positive.

Would you let a professional mess around with your health in such a way, or have an attitude of until its proven unsafe then I'm going to use it? These women are coming to you to be educated and trust you to provide a service they can afford with products that are safe, you'd be better off going to a well known shopping channel and getting the red carpet manicure set, at least that is tested!

I just don't get it, i guess I don't have to, but I'm just astonished at your attitude towards your clients.........

I havent categorized anyone some people can't afford £25-£30 treatment a fortnight so I offer them a £15 one.
I read that guys post.... It doesn't change anything in my eye but I'm not easily persuaded. But I do see everyone's point.... It won't stop me from offering the clients the option. If there was a ban on the product because of safety reasons then yes of course I would stop then

This is an interesting idea. A bit like Tesco's "Value Range" :D But is it actually worth it for you? Presumably it takes you the same amount of time to apply.

The product cost, even with the most expensive brands, is quite small, its the time and expertise the client is paying for. If you work it out per service, per product cost I bet you are earning peanuts when you apply your "Value Range" even though you've initially paid less per bottle.

I use two quality gel polish products (OPI and Gelish), they are not exactly the same price for me to buy. I use Minx, Kooky and Blixz again not the same price to me. All take me the same amount of time and expertise to apply. However, the client chooses what they want and the price is the same irrespective of brand because its my time and expertise they are paying for. I think I will stick to that.

This doesn't seem very good business sense as you are loosing £10-£15 each time you do a B/Sky manicure as they will both take the same time to do.

You could near enough buy a new bottle of Shellac for the money you loose on each manicure.

Latest posts

Back