Gel Users - One or Two Lamps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
I've been rattling my brain on this.

Buy a bigger lamp to fit two hands
or
Buy a 2nd smaller tunnel lamp.

I "think" it would be ideal if a client had one at each side, so that she never has to twist about or cross her arms so I can work one hand whilst the other is in the lamp. And sometimes I'm in "limbo" while one hand is in the lamp and the other waiting for it.:rolleyes:

BUT
A 2nd lamp means a bigger table but then again, a larger tunnel lamp means a bigger table too... so either way, added expense.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

I'm starting with one (it arrives Monday), i'm so excited, but if what I have in mind takes off, i'm gonna get another one for the other side of the desk, so I am setup from the get go.

The thing that used to frustrate me when I did gels in the past was setting up, ( I have quite a busy desk) and was setup for acrylic
I'm gonna set the desk up this time so the gel lamps are ready to go on either side, no matter if an acrylic or gel client walks in.

I just have mine in the middle of the table while applying gel. Otherwise it sits on one side of the table waiting. I just remove the handrest and a towel and put the lamp there instead...works for me.
And actually for me the only time when both clients hands are inside the lamp is the final cure...so no need for 2:)

I use 2 it really cuts down time :hug:

I have to say, i wouldn't actually need 2 lamps myself, i always have one hand in and be working on the other one.

Mind you, i am mobile so to have another lamp would be another thing for me to carry. I do intend to set up from home permanently at some point, so it may be something to consider, but as i said before, i doubt i would need 2 lamps.

I use 2. It does make my table a bit cramped, but it's much more convenient. Never waiting for a hand. Plus when they have to reach, twist, bend for the lamp, some put their hand in at a bit of an odd angle. I would notice that the final layer of gel was not as shiny as it could be in a few areas. Once I switched to 2 lamps, problem solved.

Edit to add: I leave one lamp on my shelf while I prep. Otherwise I would feel too crammed. Once I start applying gel, I put it out too.

I use 2. It does make my table a bit cramped, but it's much more convenient. Never waiting for a hand. Plus when they have to reach, twist, bend for the lamp, some put their hand in at a bit of an odd angle. I would notice that the final layer of gel was not as shiny as it could be in a few areas. Once I switched to 2 lamps, problem solved.

Edit to add: I leave one lamp on my shelf while I prep. Otherwise I would feel too crammed. Once I start applying gel, I put it out too.

I want to install both of mine off to each side, so I still have the whole of my desk space to play/work on.

2 lamps ... while one is curing you can be getting on with the other.

I think this is the problem with "real" nail tables....they seem to be on the small side.

Thats why I use table tops from Ikea...they have more room and I can fit everything i need on them without feeling crammed in.

I have two but only one on my table. The other I use for pedicures under that chair. This is giving me some good food for thought, though. As I tend to choose l&p because it feels faster to me.

S

Definitely 2 lamps. Its easier, quicker, you know which hand you are working on and it looks more professional.

However, when you start up, its not such a bad thing using 1 until you get more money coming in to buy another. JMO.

I have always used 2 lamps ... it is so much quicker.

After months of working on a tiny mobile table, I've just invested in a much cheaper <and bigger> table from Ikea for home. I'm also getting quite interested in gel and so I've just got a second lamp. Feels like heaven all round! :)

I use two even though space in the middle is less it is much easier. I also have a seperate one for feet so I dont use the same for both. Speeds up things no end. Worth the extra!

I use two even though space in the middle is less it is much easier. I also have a seperate one for feet so I dont use the same for both. Speeds up things no end. Worth the extra!

Do you have 3 lamps?:)

I use 2 lamps and they fit nicely on my desk.I also have third one for gel toes that is stored in my Pedi Pal.

House001.jpg

I have 2 - one is on the desk and the other is on a mobile table (very small) on the other side.

Still leaves me space on the desk but really speeds things up.

Do you have 3 lamps?:)

I do this too.

I have 3 lamps in total and clients like the fact that I only use one for feet:)

I use 1 mobile but i have just started saturday work within a hair salon. 2 maybe the way to go there for time!

I also have 3 lamps. One at each side and one for feet.

C.

Latest posts

Back