Geleration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traynor

Reaction score
i currently use shellac but customers are wanting more colours (i know 12 new ones are comimg soon), appartly jessica geleration do more? where can i buy it? thx sharon

Nail harmony gelish has 48 colours and another 24 due out at the end of the month :)

beverly beaute usa sell geleration and I have ordered some from there... just waiting for them to arrive

I havent ever used Shellac or gelaration but I do know Gelish has alot of colors which all of my clients love! :green:

I too cannot wait for the new Shellac colours, but rather than invest in another system straight away, have you tried layering your Shellac first? There are some really lovely results to be achieved by doing this. The Shellac Lovers group should give you some ideas. & the next 12 Shellac colours will be out in just a few short weeks - yay! :-D

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

im a Shellac user and didnt like geleration! i had a client with it on and took 30mins to remove it! Shellac is the quickist uv gel polish to come off!! you dont realise untill you use the other products how bloody hard they are to get off!
youve not got long now till shellac new colours. i dont see the point of geting another system as well because youll keep having to get there base and top coat if you run out n a client still wants 1 of there colours! stick to what you know best :D xx

Geleration has 24 colours with another 24 to be released early this year. You can get it through Gerrards international which is the uk official distributor.

Gelish by Nail Harmony currently has 48 colours with another 24 colours being released at the end of January.

You can also do some colour layering which give fabulous results...sweet chocolate with stand out over the top is a perfect example of this!

Gelish can be cured in the lamp you already have.

I would have a look at the photos in the Gelish Lovers Group to see what colours you like as the colour charts are not always very helpful.

Take a look at the Nail Harmony UK facebook page too to see some good colour examples.

xx

im a Shellac user and didnt like geleration! i had a client with it on and took 30mins to remove it! Shellac is the quickist uv gel polish to come off!! you dont realise untill you use the other products how bloody hard they are to get off!
youve not got long now till shellac new colours. i dont see the point of geting another system as well because youll keep having to get there base and top coat if you run out n a client still wants 1 of there colours! stick to what you know best :D xx

Are you completing the removal procedure properly? It only takes me 10 mins with a 1/4 cotton pad soaked in Erase placed on the nail wrapped in foil and popped in heated mittens.

i currently use shellac but customers are wanting more colours (i know 12 new ones are comimg soon), appartly jessica geleration do more? where can i buy it? thx sharon

My clients love Geleration! I do miss the ones that I only see three weekly instead of weekly now - more space for new clients though.

The 24 colours that are availible now are fab and my rep said the next 24 are due in Feb - I cant wait to see what they are...anyone know??

Its available from Gerrards International on 0845 2171360.

Hope this helps.

Gx

I use Shellac most of the time, but one of my clients wanted a stronger red and asked me to order Geleration Merlot.. its a fantastic red.. lots of clients wanted it over the christmas period.

I used it with Shellac base and top and it worked very well. Clients are coming back for removal and it removes just the same as a full shellac application.

Thanks so much everyone for your useful information, this was my first post and I'm really grateful for your info. Probably makes sense to wait for new shellac colours from the feedback, thank you all.

judging from the feedback, most of the posters on this thread seemed to think it was a good idea to try other makes than shellac...:)

i use geleration and shellac, i would stay using shellac,:green:

Not sure that a fair comment. 10 mins with Gelish :)

I use Shellac, but when there was stock problems I tried Gelish.
I like it, but prefer Shellac psrtly because of the ease of removal and partly because I can't properly see what colour is in the bottle of Gelish. There's only a tiny view hole to see and some colours are quite similar.......so I get a bit (only a tiny bit) annoyed when I have to open each bottle to check the colour inside.
Stick with Shellac :hug:

hmmm i removed geleration with 1/4 of a cotton wool pad soaked in acetone the wrapped in foil the same way i remove shellac and also gelish!

i found gelish horrendous to get off!! it took forever! and uve gota file the top of it! grrr waists time! and the nail underneath looked batterd!

i find shellac the easiest to get off! :) might not be fair but its my opinion x

I use both Shellac and Gelish and I have to agree that I find Shellac much easer to remove than Gelish, I can easily remove Shellac in 10 minutes, but find with Gelish I have to leave it for 15 minutes and then it still requires a lot of scrubbing with an orangewood stick and acetone to get remainder off, (I use magis foils and heated mitts to remove both). But I decided to offer an alternative to Shellac as my clients weren't very fond of the shellac colours and all they were choosing was french, since I've introduced Gelish most of them have now tried (and loved) the Gelish colours, so in my opinion it's good to offer both and give your clients more choice. Why don't you try ordering a couple of bottles of the geleration and see for yourself, I think everyone needs to try it for themselves. hth

I'm going to sound like a parrot :)lol:) cos I've said this so many times on here......
..... that Shellac is the only true hybrid polish and the rest are all thin coloured gel in a bottle.

Coloured gels were created as an enhancement product, which means there must be a certain level of bonding to the nail for it to work properly. And because there is a certain level of bonding to the nail, it means that it can not be soaked off as easily either hence the longer times when it comes to taking them off.

The reason why Shellac is very easy to soak off is because Shellac is not a gel. It is not an enhancement product. Its chemicals are different from a gel and is based on the idea of a enamel. Easy to paint on, easy to take off.

CND have created a product which is entirely different from every other product out there.

And because there is a certain level of bonding to the nail, it means that it can not be soaked off as easily either hence the longer times when it comes to taking them off. .

Afraid I have to disagree. Some others take the same time

Latest posts

Back