Gelish removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find french really hard to remove, could this be something to do with only using one coat of simple sheer?
Iv only once pulled of the foils and had the entire gel slip off :/ im using all harmony products and doin as instructed by them

Sent from my MT15i using SalonGeek

Wow! I have just experienced the easiest removal i have ever done! Ok so here's my results.... I used NH and D-Solve, I didnt have any acetone. I have taken photos of each stage for you in the hope it will help others!
This is how thin my cotton wool was (I ripped pads up, as I don't have any cotton balls at the moment)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341653506.365250.jpg
I removed these 2 French that were done during training yesterday
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341653590.906145.jpg
I also removed this tiki tiki that was done 13 days ago to make it a fair test
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341653666.010920.jpg
I used hair dressing foil
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341653713.154029.jpg
I poured some remover in to the lids and dipped the cotton wool in them so the cotton wool was soaking wet
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341653751.511142.jpg
Lay on to the nail (I did not buff or anything)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341653808.294536.jpg
Wrap firmly with foil
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341653860.572927.jpg
Slide foil off after 12 minutes (this one is NH remover)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341653860.572927.jpg
D-Solve after 12 mins
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341653941.502100.jpg
NH remover on 13 day old tiki tiki (I was told during training that I had applied it too thick, however, it still removed fine in 12 mins)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341653978.688243.jpg
Nails after removing :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341654054.649639.jpg
So to sum it up, using the small amount of cotton wool meant it was removed in 12 minutes whichever remover I used as opposed to the 30 - 45 minutes it was taking before my training! :) I hope this helps some of you xxx

Edit : ignore this photo, I don't know what happened, (bloody iphone) this should be the removal after 12 mins using NH remover photo x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341653893.667603.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341653893.667603.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341654362.625948.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341654362.625948.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 111
Has anyone tried the little wraps from Sally's? They're called Hands Down Soak off Gel Wraps and they're under a couple of pounds per pack of 10! Best thing is they are re-useable so pretty cost effective! They are a bit like an elastoplast in theory so have an absorbent pad (which you soak in acetone) and then a sort of stretchy elastic bandage which you wrap around the finger. I've found them to be really easy to use and better than cotton wool and foil. x

Wow, thanks for the GlamourEyes. Much appreciated!

My Gelish never comes off like that!! It doesn't matter what I do, it just doesn't remove like the Shellac comes off.

Looks like I will be experimenting when I can.

I tend to file at the top coat with a 180 grit file(recently filing until holes have appeared in the colour so I can see nail plate! Never hurting the client mind you!), wrap, and then when I take it off, I'm still having to buff with a block buffer to remove the stubborn Gelish.

I've been starting to hate removals because they just don't work for me!

My Gelish never comes off like that!! It doesn't matter what I do, it just doesn't remove like the Shellac comes off.

I tend to file at the top coat with a 180 grit file(recently filing until holes have appeared in the colour so I can see nail plate! Never hurting the client mind you!), wrap, and then when I take it off, I'm still having to buff with a block buffer to remove the stubborn Gelish.

You're welcome! I hated removals too! Lol! I didn't buff or file the Gelish before soaking at all! I just used the harmony 100/180 buffer after to remove any residue. Have you been on the training hun? Maybe you're applying the foundation layer too thick? (I was before training) which meant it was a royal b!tch to come off haha. Training was worth every penny xxx

You're welcome! I hated removals too! Lol! I didn't buff or file the Gelish before soaking at all! I just used the harmony 100/180 buffer after to remove any residue. Have you been on the training hun? Maybe you're applying the foundation layer too thick? (I was before training) which meant it was a royal b!tch to come off haha. Training was worth every penny xxx

Nope not been on the training, I'm saving up. I have been wiping the foundation bruch and scraping it off before applying to the nails. I definitely would like to go for the training though.

Where can I find out about it?

Nope not been on the training, I'm saving up. I have been wiping the foundation bruch and scraping it off before applying to the nails. I definitely would like to go for the training though.

Where can I find out about it?

If you go on the nail harmony uk website hun, there is a section there and it gives you the details of the trainers in your area. You can either go to them or they can come to you. To come to you the training is a set price and they will train up to 6 people for that price. If there is 2 of you, it's cheaper to pay for them to
Come to you, it's great. Well worth it. Wasn't overly expensive either xxx

Chew gum and text your mates. Just kidding!!! I'm mobile too so I make a cuppa at theirs for them and me and get them to choose a colour. Sometimes I get roped into attending to their kids needs! :rolleyes:

Lol thats funny... but i bet there are a few out there that do that lol

Sent from my GT-I9001 using SalonGeek

Wow! I have just experienced the easiest removal i have ever done! Ok so here's my results.... I used NH and D-Solve, I didnt have any acetone. I have taken photos of each stage for you in the hope it will help others!
This is how thin my cotton wool was (I ripped pads up, as I don't have any cotton balls at the moment)
View attachment 17113
I removed these 2 French that were done during training yesterday
View attachment 17115
I also removed this tiki tiki that was done 13 days ago to make it a fair test
View attachment 17116
I used hair dressing foil
View attachment 17117
I poured some remover in to the lids and dipped the cotton wool in them so the cotton wool was soaking wet
View attachment 17118
Lay on to the nail (I did not buff or anything)
View attachment 17119
Wrap firmly with foil
View attachment 17120
Slide foil off after 12 minutes (this one is NH remover)
View attachment 17120
D-Solve after 12 mins
View attachment 17122
NH remover on 13 day old tiki tiki (I was told during training that I had applied it too thick, however, it still removed fine in 12 mins)
View attachment 17123
Nails after removing :)
View attachment 17124
So to sum it up, using the small amount of cotton wool meant it was removed in 12 minutes whichever remover I used as opposed to the 30 - 45 minutes it was taking before my training! :) I hope this helps some of you xxx

Edit : ignore this photo, I don't know what happened, (bloody iphone) this should be the removal after 12 mins using NH remover photo x

Thankyou for taking the time to post this i am going to try this if it works i will send you flowers lol :)

I hear what your saying its soul destroying at times..

Thankyou for taking the time to post this i am going to try this if it works i will send you flowers lol :)

Haha fingers crossed it does :)
I am actually looking forward to my next removal to try it :) x

If you go on the nail harmony uk website hun, there is a section there and it gives you the details of the trainers in your area. You can either go to them or they can come to you. To come to you the training is a set price and they will train up to 6 people for that price. If there is 2 of you, it's cheaper to pay for them to
Come to you, it's great. Well worth it. Wasn't overly expensive either xxx

Brilliant. Thanks for the help. Will look in to doing the training!

On a slightly different, but still removal, note.

How does everyone deal with Gelish removal on toes?

I'm finding the client toes are never easy to file the top coat off and wraps are just plain awkward.

Then again, this could also be due to my removal methods not exactly been fab.

Quite often I forget to buff before removal, it doesn't seem to make any difference to removal times x

On a slightly different, but still removal, note.

How does everyone deal with Gelish removal on toes?

I'm finding the client toes are never easy to file the top coat off and wraps are just plain awkward.

Then again, this could also be due to my removal methods not exactly been fab.

Don't buff it hun, just pop your soaked cotton wool straight on the nail and then wrap in foil (wrapping is a bit fiddly) xxx

Don't buff it hun, just pop your soaked cotton wool straight on the nail and then wrap in foil (wrapping is a bit fiddly) xxx

Ok, thanks. Will give it a go on my next toe client.

I think I'm just too impatient and probably unwrapping before I should too. :o

Ok, thanks. Will give it a go on my next toe client.

I think I'm just too impatient and probably unwrapping before I should too. :o

I don't buff any more, it seems to make no difference to the removal time.

No buffing for me either!!

Latest posts

Back