Gelish removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well today I took a willing suspect and had a little experiment with the removers.

I used cotton wool pads cut up and magis foil wraps for each removal.

One one hand, each nail was buffed and I used the three different removers - acetone, NH remover and d.sperse.

On the other hand I used exactly the same removers but without buffing.

After 10 mins I took the wraps off and found the NH remover with buffing was the best for me.

I will give it a go on another willing client and see if I get the same result.

Well today I took a willing suspect and had a little experiment with the removers.

One one hand, each nail was buffed and I used the three different removers - acetone, NH remover and d.sperse.

After 10 mins I took the wraps off and found the NH remover with buffing was the best for me.

That's good hun, it all works differently for everyone, as long as it works well for you that is the main thing :)

I done a removal tonight, ONLY used 1/2 of 1 cotton pad for all 10 nails and all was off in 10-12 mins :) perfect for me! :) xxx

That's good hun, it all works differently for everyone, as long as it works well for you that is the main thing :)

I done a removal tonight, ONLY used 1/2 of 1 cotton pad for all 10 nails and all was off in 10-12 mins :) perfect for me! :) xxx

Brilliant! The only trouble I have is that sometimes the free edge hasn't been affected with the remover, but I don't know if the cotton pad is being moved when I wrap or not.

I will keep trying; unfortunately for me I have plenty of acetone and d.sperse in the cupboard and no NH remover lol

Ive done several removals now with the tiniest pieces of cotton pad completely soaked in D-Solve and my Gelish is coming off in less than 10 mins, I think its definitely helping using hardly any cotton pad as its not soaking too much of the remover up.

Ive done several removals now with the tiniest pieces of cotton pad completely soaked in D-Solve and my Gelish is coming off in less than 10 mins, I think its definitely helping using hardly any cotton pad as its not soaking too much of the remover up.

Definitely, it makes all the difference :) glad it's working for you now xxx

100% correct. If you use too much cotton wool/pads or whatever, it will be absorbed in the cotton and removal will slow down.

Neat acetone is just awful to use, so I never ever use it.

Removal depends on how you apply the product, so everyone's time will be different. For me, removal takes ages on some clients and not much time on others. Just speed up the time whilst during your prep and application.

No-one has mentioned sponges for removal. IBD wipes (from Beauty Express) are ideal for this and I believe NH have started retailing them also. Cut them in half, wash and re-use instead of having to cut bits of cotton pads up all of the time.

http://www.nailharmonyuk.co.uk/prod...gel-polish/Gelish-essentials/Sponge-wipes.htm

ok another question when wrapping the foil how to get it tight. i lay the cotton wool on nail then fold the foil around the bottom of finger over free edge then fold sides over the top but its not always tight....i have heard some people twist the ends??? how do you do yours??

i think by the end of 2012 we all might get this removal sorted if we stick together lol. we are all trying still as we love the damn gel nails
xx

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using SalonGeek

Where could a client buy acetone on the high street? X

Boots sell it but its kept behind the counter. Think superdrug do and if theres a b&m by you.they definately do x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Boots sell it but its kept behind the counter. Think superdrug do and if theres a b&m by you.they definately do x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thank you :)

I use acetone, cotton pads or balls ( for me seems to make no difference) and hair dressing foil ( shiny side in ladies!) wrap them firmly, i don't buff the nail prior to application or when soaking off, never had any problems with gelish removal but i have always kept all layers of foundation, coloured gel and tio thin, if the client needs 3 coats if coloured gelish to look good thats what they get, better that than too thick a polish, that just looks awful imo and tough removal!

Last edited:
ok another question when wrapping the foil how to get it tight. i lay the cotton wool on nail then fold the foil around the bottom of finger over free edge then fold sides over the top but its not always tight....i have heard some people twist the ends??? how do you do yours??

i think by the end of 2012 we all might get this removal sorted if we stick together lol. we are all trying still as we love the damn gel nails
xx

You can use bandage tape to keep the foils more secure
483aeda4-bc8a-b672.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Hey ladies :)

Can I just ask, I have a new client who wants her gelish soaked off and calgel applied, she's been having gelish since June and said she's never had it soaked off before just filed down and infilled? I don't know much about gelish but the removal process is the same as calgel so I am just hoping it comes off with calaway , but I'm worried as its been on for so long will this make a difference? I thought gelish was soaked off everytime the same as shellac?

Thanks all :) x

Last edited:
She may have gelish hard gel? This is a buff off enhancement gel I believe.

She may have gelish hard gel? This is a buff off enhancement gel I believe.

Arh ok I didn't realise they do a hard gel x

Last edited:

Give it another go with D-Solve rather than D-Sperse and no buffing. Honestly D-Solve and no buffing is the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to remove Gelish.

Give it another go with D-Solve rather than D-Sperse and no buffing. Honestly D-Solve and no buffing is the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to remove Gelish.

I agree :) xxx

Oops.. I meant D.Solve. I've been using it since my last post and have found it to be much better.

Must try again without buffing, I'm due a client in a few minutes will give it a go with her.

Do you find sometimes you still have to fill any remaining Gelish that may be stuck to the nail after removal?

Think I am going to try some d-solve as acetone is taking 10/15 mins and some nails need longer, NH remover is so pricey.

What cuticle remover does everyone find best? I am using vanish from NSI at the mo but thinking I should try cuticle away as CND products really seem to be the best, and a great price too!! xx

Think I am going to try some d-solve as acetone is taking 10/15 mins and some nails need longer, NH remover is so pricey.

What cuticle remover does everyone find best? I am using vanish from NSI at the mo but thinking I should try cuticle away as CND products really seem to be the best, and a great price too!! xx

I use CND's Cuticle Away and love it! Don't think I've had such good results with another cuticle remover.

P.S. My client cancelled at the last minute so couldn't practice my removal!

Latest posts

Back