Gelish removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive always used the thinnest scraping of foundation and I still find D-Solve much better to remove Gelish than the Gelish remover, and its a lot cheaper :)

This week I have to remove Gelish that that I applied 4 weeks ago that had rhinestones secured in TIO. Do I just remove Gelish as normal and the rhinestones will come off with it or do I need to do anything to the rhinestones to assist them to come off easier? Thanks :) x

This week I have to remove Gelish that that I applied 4 weeks ago that had rhinestones secured in TIO. Do I just remove Gelish as normal and the rhinestones will come off with it or do I need to do anything to the rhinestones to assist them to come off easier? Thanks :) x

Anyone? X

Would you do Gelish removal an re-application the same day as a spray tan? Obviously you'd do the nails first lol but just wondered if the D-Solve would cause a problem with them tan? Thanks x

I've done a few removals, redo's and tans together and it's fine. Just remember to avoid putting cuticle oil or hand cream on or you might end up with patchy hands! Xx

I've done a few removals, redo's and tans together and it's fine. Just remember to avoid putting cuticle oil or hand cream on or you might end up with patchy hands! Xx

Will do :) great thanks. Xx

Today it took me 45 mins to remove, I put the thinnest foundation. The brush has most of foundation scraped off and one dip is enough is enough for one hand.

Im going to invest in some heated mitts.

I saturate cotton wool and then wrap in tin foil but when I check the cotton wool it seems dry. I have the circle ones cut in half, am I using too much cotton wool, do U think if I split it half this would be better?

Do you use cotton wool or the cosmetic cotton wool pads? The pads are better. For best results use the magi wraps (available from harmony).

I use cosmetic pads from tesco. Will try the magis wraps.

I use acetone and cotton wool balls and only need 2 balls max to do all 10 nails. I swipe nail and free edge first then soak the cotton wool and wrap tight with hairdressers foil. I do this with each nail then make a cuppa or have a chat for 5 mins then remove the first wrap. If there is still product on the nail I scrape it off with my Cnd cuticle pusher while I'm pushing back cuticles. I then file the nail and move on to the next one.

I use acetone and cotton wool balls and only need 2 balls max to do all 10 nails. I swipe nail and free edge first then soak the cotton wool and wrap tight with hairdressers foil. I do this with each nail then make a cuppa or have a chat for 5 mins then remove the first wrap. If there is still product on the nail I scrape it off with my Cnd cuticle pusher while I'm pushing back cuticles. I then file the nail and move on to the next one.

Christ knows why mine take so long. My stuff is genuine from nail harmony . I think I will try all different methods. Stated all on different fingers and she which is best. Love the product but the soak off does my head in.

Christ knows why mine take so long. My stuff is genuine from nail harmony . I think I will try all different methods. Stated all on different fingers and she which is best. Love the product but the soak off does my head in.

Ditto! Also hate the soak off! Can't work out what I'm doing wrong! Base coat as thin as poss and still doesn't 'crumble' like others say! X

I also use cotton wool balls and tin foil. and also find that 2 balls usually does all 10 nails, I just saturate the cotton wool in pure acetone. Apply to nail and wrap, give the end a wee squeze to make sure its tight enough and touching the nail, I more often than not forget to buff the shine first, it doesnt make a difference when I'm removing. Then if my clients hands are cold I warm them with a hot water bottle, offer them a drink, discuss designs, look colours out, by then the 10 mins is usually up, and I qently squeze as I pull the wraps off It comes off no problem. xxx

I use wonder roll from Bio Sculpture, cut into small squares. It holds loads of remover.

I was just at a friend's house fixing 3 of her Gelished nails as she had chipped them. Her own fault, she admits, as she has been closing down the shop she works in this week and had been packing boxes and taking down fixtures and fittings.

I forgot to bring my acetone and all I had was some Sainsbury's own brand nail varnish remover. I told her I'd try it and if it didn't work I'd pop home and get the acetone.

I soaked the cotton wool and wrapped in foil etc and waited 10 minutes. You know what? This stuff was amazing! I took the foil off and the Gelish just popped off with it. Easiest removal I have ever had. I'm going to use that from now on. It's the purple one with the purple lid. Fantastic!

Has anyone ever used the 'Procare Gel Nail Removal Kit' from Capital? X

I was just at a friend's house fixing 3 of her Gelished nails as she had chipped them. Her own fault, she admits, as she has been closing down the shop she works in this week and had been packing boxes and taking down fixtures and fittings.

I forgot to bring my acetone and all I had was some Sainsbury's own brand nail varnish remover. I told her I'd try it and if it didn't work I'd pop home and get the acetone.

I soaked the cotton wool and wrapped in foil etc and waited 10 minutes. You know what? This stuff was amazing! I took the foil off and the Gelish just popped off with it. Easiest removal I have ever had. I'm going to use that from now on. It's the purple one with the purple lid. Fantastic!

Had she only had them on a few days if it was a repair? If she had then removal is always a lot quicker the less time the Gelish has been on, just a thought x

Hi all

I just wanted go over the 'recommended' way to remove Gelish, as taught in our Gelish classes.

1) Buff Top it off with a 180 grit FILE not your 180 buffer so there is no shine.

2) Soak either lint free wipes/cotton pads quartered/ or magis wraps with the 'HARMONY REMOVER' the product that has been designed to work with the gelish:D It IS acetone based but has other ingredients ie added conditioners to it so that is is NON DRYING to the nail plate (like 'neat' acetone would be!)

3) be patient! recommended removal time is 10-12 mins, make refreshments, or discuss colours or upsell perhaps doing toes/another treatment whilst soaking off.

4) IF you have done all of the above CORRECTLY and used a very very very sparing amount of foundation when you initially applied your Gelish, then your gelish should remove easily with a Harmony tool without force and leave your client with an undamaged nail plate behind.

Hope that helps

Hi all

I just wanted go over the 'recommended' way to remove Gelish, as taught in our Gelish classes.

1) Buff Top it off with a 180 grit FILE not your 180 buffer so there is no shine.

2) Soak either lint free wipes/cotton pads quartered/ or magis wraps with the 'HARMONY REMOVER' the product that has been designed to work with the gelish:D It IS acetone based but has other ingredients ie added conditioners to it so that is is NON DRYING to the nail plate (like 'neat' acetone would be!)

3) be patient! recommended removal time is 10-12 mins, make refreshments, or discuss colours or upsell perhaps doing toes/another treatment whilst soaking off.

4) IF you have done all of the above CORRECTLY and used a very very very sparing amount of foundation when you initially applied your Gelish, then your gelish should remove easily with a Harmony tool without force and leave your client with an undamaged nail plate behind.

Hope that helps
I do everything as above but don't use your remover, the reason I don't use your remover has it way expensive 3 times other leading company's which also has added conditioners in.
Why is it so expensive!!! But if it gets them off quicker 10-20 oppose to my 45 min! I will use it, cause after all my times more valuable!!

I find the only time ive had problems with gelish removal is when i havent used heat. If i dont use heat bits of gel get stuck and wont budge, with heat it all comes off a lot easier.

Latest posts

Back