Gentle Reminder Please Geeks.............

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pussy Galore

Reaction score
Good morning all! Please, please try to use correct punctuation in your posts. I have tried to read a thread this morning and gave up after the 3rd line.

it is really difficult 2 read posts where there r no capitals,or spaces between commas and fullstops.i give up b4 i get 2 the end of thepost it gets 2 confusing and my eyes hurt

I know some people type in a hurry, but please try to check your post before actually posting it. If like me, you are a bad speller, then the spell check can be used. Personally, I keep a dictionary next to my computer.

ah ha, you're Mr's Clooney. Hiya.. I was just gonna give you a bollicking for picking faults on the site with just 18 posts. :lol:

Good morning all! Please, please try to use correct punctuation in your posts. I have tried to read a thread this morning and gave up after the 3rd line.

it is really difficult 2 read posts where there r no capitals,or spaces between commas and fullstops.i give up b4 i get 2 the end of thepost it gets 2 confusing and my eyes hurt

I know some people type in a hurry, but please try to check your post before actually posting it. If like me, you are a bad speller, then the spell check can be used. Personally, I keep a dictionary next to my computer.

I agree,proper punctuation etc makes a post much more pleasing to read and gets the point across better if used correctly.

I've just re read my post and I sound like an old fart! :lol: Don't care though!

ah ha, you're Mr's Clooney. Hiya.. I was just gonna give you a bollicking for picking faults on the site with just 18 posts. :lol:

I was thinking that was a bit cheeky, too! :lol:

I read it twice too ... Mrs Clooney, you're spending far too much time drooling over pictures of George me thinks!

I HATE BAD PUNCTUATION!!! (As you know, Seanny!) Many a time I've skipped over a post because it's too much trouble to try and make sense of it. If people can't be bothered to punctuate and spell properly, then I can't be bothered to read it. :lol:

Thanks for the reminder hun. Well said.

Love the new name! You're not dumping Mr Clooney for Mr Bond are you?:lol:

I don't like bad spelling and poor punctuation either, however, some people cannot spell or punctuate properly, not because they are too lazy to do so, just simply, they can't.

If a thread interests me, then I will read it if it is a hard read or not. Not everybody can do what you ask of them, and I'm sure that a fair few people are not going to keep a dictionary by the side of their computers!

I do keep a dictionary handy, but thats just me! :hug:

I do keep a dictionary handy, but that's just me! :hug:

Lol me too! Although I have to say my spelling is pretty hot but my typing isn't! The number of times I have nearly posted anil instead of nail you wouldn't believe!!!

If there is a post that is really bad you could just press the red button to report it and let the moderators know that it needs editing. I agree that some posts may be passed over because they are just so hard to read and that would be a shame; particularly for the dyslexics and people who find writing the English language a struggle & can't always post in a way that others may prefer. :hug:

Tracey - you are a women of my own heart!

I posted a thread about it a few months back - it didnt go down too well with some people and some took real offence by it!

I am totally with you on this though and with some threads I give up reading if the punctuation doesnt make it very readable!

I agree that some posts may be passed over because they are just so hard to read and that would be a shame; particularly for the dyslexics and people who find writing the English language a struggle & can't always post in a way that others may prefer.
I'm with you on this one Sass... there are many members on this site who use English as a second or third language, let's try to remember that when we're reading posts.

I'm with you on this one Sass... there are many members on this site who use English as a second or third language, let's try to remember that when we're reading posts.

A good point, I agree.

And for these people, text talk must be damned hard work, if not impossible!

I agree with not using text talk, it is almost impossible to decipher! This is just plain lazy as nobody learns to write like this!

I don't like bad spelling and poor punctuation either, however, some people cannot spell or punctuate properly, not because they are too lazy to do so, just simply, they can't.

If a thread interests me, then I will read it if it is a hard read or not. Not everybody can do what you ask of them, and I'm sure that a fair few people are not going to keep a dictionary by the side of their computers!

I'm the mother of a teenage dyslexic so i understand this wholeheartedly. In fact I think I'm dyslexic although have never been assessed which is why I keep a dictionary at my desk.

However, I do think peeps need to make the effort to check and correct their posts before hitting the submit button.

Lol me too! Although I have to say my spelling is pretty hot but my typing isn't! The number of times I have nearly posted anil instead of nail you wouldn't believe!!!

If there is a post that is really bad you could just press the red button to report it and let the moderators know that it needs editing. I agree that some posts may be passed over because they are just so hard to read and that would be a shame; particularly for the dyslexics and people who find writing the English language a struggle & can't always post in a way that others may prefer. :hug:
I was thinking this when I started this thread Sass. It really must be so difficult to make head or tail of a post where all the words are stuck together with no punctuationcapitalsorparagraphs:eek: . We have loads of knowledgable geeks on this site. If English is not their first language they probably miss the posts where great advice can be shared.

I agree with this. I am not the best speller and i have tried loads of times to install the spell checker but it won't let me :irked:

The only thing that annoys me is block paragraphs I do find them slightly hard to read.

I agree with this. I am not the best speller and i have tried loads of times to install the spell checker but it won't let me :irked:

The only thing that annoys me is block paragraphs I do find them slightly hard to read.

That's the sort of thing I mean. It's not mis-spellings so much that I get irked by, (we all do it!) but the fact that some people do quite long posts without any capital letters or full stops at all. It does make a post extremely hard to read, so the advice that they are giving could be completely missed. My apologies if I upset anyone by my previous post.

Totally agree !!

Especially about using paragrahs!!

Just spacing out your post makes it so much easier to read.

I mean, who can read a whole page just in one huge block with no spacing?
Even with my glasses on it hurts my eyes :eek:

We are a global site and English is not everyone's first language, therefore we should be doing everything we can to make posts easy to read and understand.
Oh, and what's with all the apologies, everyone is entitled to their say on this subject.
If your post is a nightmare to read , I won't read it, and I am not sorry:lick:

quick lets get her...lol:lol::lol:
Only joking hun:hug::hug::hug:

I cant seem to load spellchecker either?

Is this something just available to Premium Geeks??

Oh well I still have my dictionary and thesaurus, if Im feeling fruity!! :green:

I cant seem to load spellchecker either?

Is this something just available to Premium Geeks??

Oh well I still have my dictionary and thesaurus, if Im feeling fruity!! :green:
I've never been able to load the spell checker and I'm a premie geek, hence my dictionary,lol. Works for me.

Latest posts

Back