Gigi (aka Geeg)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
i was reading the article about Ketan Patel's retirement today in Scratch magazine .
there was several glowing remarks from some very highly regarded people in the nail industry about Ketan.
Ketan himself paid tribute to HIS mentor Gigi Rouse, our very own Geeg.

i don't think a lot of geeks realise how lucky they are to be able to 'pick the brain' of a living legend within our industry for free.

i just want to say
thanks Geeg for all your advice and knowledge so generously given.

no sucking up or brown nosing intended just an appreciation for all your help. x

Last edited:
I agree with you rinn, Gigi is a true legend in the nail industry and I will be forever grateful for all the advice she has given to me in.
I had the privalage of meeting her at the Manchester academy in July and she is lovely.:biggrin:

I think the knowledge given out on this site, is generally taken for granted.

Everyone who provides answers to the questions, do so for nothing and only for the purpose of helping others. I wish more of the members would genuinely appreciate how lucky they are to receive constant advice and support for free for some truly talented nail technicians and business savvy geeks.

we are all blessed on here to have such a strong input from Gigi (geeg)
she is truly one of the founders and stalwarts of our industry - without whom we would all still be blindly trying to find our way..

This site is more than helpful - it is a goldmine for success and learning for those who want to be better than average... I hope all who read this take a moment to think about where they would be without this great resource ....

and the time that each and every professional puts into their replies...

Gigi is a star and has helped so may peeps on here, myself included. I have had the pleasure of meeting her ar s2 and she is a lovely (and very talented) lady. It infuriates me when some geeks give her grief and disrespect her just because they don't get a mamby pamby answer to their questions. She tells it how it is and thats how it should be. :)
Thank you Gigi x

Without sounding 'gushing' we are privileged to have such an amazing mentor, because through this forum that is what Gigi is, to all that need assistance & direction. We are very fortunate indeed. Thank you :)

Totally agree, we are very lucky that someone with such knowledge spends her time helping us to be better technicians. Thanks Gigi! Xx

i agree, i've got loads of helpful info from gigi's posts and tutorials and also purchased her book 'Nailclass' can i just say that i've also learned loads from my fellow geeks and i'm now totaly addicted to salon geek.
luv eileen :biggrin:

And people wonder why so many of us jump to defend Gigi on here, people really need to understand just how lucky they are that they are getting the advice from someone who is SO highly regarded in our industry and whose knowledge is second to none. She really is The Queen of Nails in my eyes, a celebrity if you like, we are very honoured that despite the countless attacks on her manner, opinions or such like, she is still on here, in any spare time, helping us all....thanks goodness!!

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to be trained by the lady herself (many moons ago)... A true legend!!! Xxx

She is an amazing lady.
As previously said despite some not so appreciative replies to her posts she still gives her time and experience freely. Takes a dedicated special person to do that and I am grateful she does it :)
Also had the pleasure of meeting Gigi in Manchester where she signed my nailclass book. Felt like a kiddie with Santa. Was such a thrill :)
Vicki x

I have learned so much from reading gigi's replys to posts & her tutorials. I think its amazing that she gives free advice on salon geek.Thanks gigi :Love:

I am from Australia and hadn't ever heard of Gigi until I found Salon Geek, but since then I appreciate she is a bit of a celebrity if you will. I have read and learned from many of her posts and love the no nonsense replies she gives - she definitely tells it how it is and I love it. So refreshing.

Yep. She tells it like it is, which is what I appreciate. No messing.

Hear, hear (or is it here, here lol) x

Have to agree geeks! She is amazing :) x

i was reading the article about Ketan Patel's retirement today in Scratch magazine .
there was several glowing remarks from some very highly regarded people in the nail industry about Ketan.
Ketan himself paid tribute to HIS mentor Gigi Rouse, our very own Geeg.

i don't think a lot of geeks realise how lucky they are to be able to 'pick the brain' of a living legend within our industry for free.

i just want to say
thanks Geeg for all your advice and knowledge so generously given.

no sucking up or brown nosing intended just an appreciation for all your help. x

I can't believe ketan has or is retiring oh no. But there isn't any Gigi doesn't know about nails and we do get her advice for free x

I did many training courses back in 2003 with Ketan, he was very good and made the training fun. As has been said previously, what would we do without Gigi and the other industry experts that give us their time freely? Thanks to them all and good luck Ketan xx

A legend who must NEVER EVER retire. I'm raising a copa to her right now.

Latest posts

Back