Glycolic Acid Peel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had this treatment.

If so, was it expensive and can you see a difference to your skin immediately.

~thanks

I have the home one from Loreal Glycolic peel kit I was very happy with it my skin did feel and look better I got 12 treatments from the box so my skin really had a nice treat.

Ok I know this is not as good as one you would have at a salon I would also like to know what they are like.

Caz xxx:)

I have had it done from my salon where i work and its fab, my skin felt smoother after 1 treatment. We use md formulations and you are meant to use the cleanser at home before getting a peel, but its not harmfull if you dont. It did bring out the crap in my face and had a few spots after getting it done, but i have bought the cleanser to go with it and its very good. We have a few clients with acne that come in for weekly peels and their faces have cleared up so much. I would go for it they are great.

Hi Sam

I had this done a couple of years back and the end result was great, but my face was a bit red and shiny straight afterwards. But I had some uneven skin around my chin and it smoothed that off lovely.

If you are thinking of having it done, I would say results are best after a day or two...I didn't really have any spots come out, but I'm not overly prone to them anway.

I think the one I had was also MD Formulations, although there was no mention of any home use cleanser or anything

I don't think it was desparately expensive....I can't honestly remember exactly,. but I think it was about £30-£40

I do them on myself & clients all the time, but the ones I use aren't just glycolic. the have different strengths and a few different aha/bha's in them. glycolic, salicylic, tartaric, lactic, citric, malic. Lot of people see results straight away, with me it's the next day & i love it. If you have blemishes it can make them look red & inflamed at first. They aren't very expensive. they are at the cheaper end of my facial prices.

I had this done in the States a few weeks ago and of course got all the 'gear' for carrying on the maintenance at home. It was a line of products called Skin Solutions which is usually used by the medical profession although soon they will be allowing professional therapists to use the line.

What a difference not only immediately, but now 3 weeks on. Smooth, blemish free and finer texture (or it looks to be anyway). I didn't go red at all, had no blemishes (but I never do anyway). Went through the dry and flakies for 2 - 3 days at the beginning but had the moisturizer to combat it. I'm sold.

this sounds like the kind of thing i need, my skin is still looking rough since not smoking and i want to get it looking great again, i will ask about it when i go to the salon today

kittenclaws said:
this sounds like the kind of thing i need, my skin is still looking rough since not smoking and i want to get it looking great again, i will ask about it when i go to the salon today
:lol: gIVING UP SMOKING (oops sorry) is supposed to make your skin look better.

i have some from sillohette dermalift , its fab , you only leave it on 8 mins but it really makes a difference :) but you must use a moisturiser with spf for a week afterwards,so you dont get things like re pigmentation etc..

my skin does look better from not smoking but i also still have what i call smoking skin as i have not had anything done with it since quitting and it looks a bit ragged, i quit smoking 115 days ago so have given my skin time to get to normal, now im want to give it a treat
i think i know what i mean, lol (ive confused myself:eek: )
beautynails said:
:lol: gIVING UP SMOKING (oops sorry) is supposed to make your skin look better.

kittenclaws said:
my skin does look better from not smoking but i also still have what i call smoking skin as i have not had anything done with it since quitting and it looks a bit ragged, i quit smoking 115 days ago so have given my skin time to get to normal, now im want to give it a treat
i think i know what i mean, lol (ive confused myself:eek: )
Well, a peel might be just what need, they,re fab. I'm actually thinking I might have to do one tonight with all this talk of them.

P.S well done on the 115 days, I'm sitting here with my nicobate losenges right now. Day 1 I'm dying so if I start getting snappy at peeps thats why:mad:

I've had glycolic peels done for ages, I swear by them! I can tell when I'm due one, and really notice the differnce. I;ve even got my partner hooked on them, he loves having them done!

i asked at a local salon today if they do peels and they said no, whare would i go to get one done?

Skin peeling sounds scary to me! How do they do it? Is it just like a major exfoliation or do they peel off a layer of skin?

Cathie! said:
Skin peeling sounds scary to me! How do they do it? Is it just like a major exfoliation or do they peel off a layer of skin?

It is nothing like as drastic as it sounds.

The product goes on and when washed off I guess the skin goes with it. We're only talking about a fine layer of skin but the difference it makes when you get rid of all that dead built up stuff is amazing. Only dead skin cells are removed. Think of your legs. When you remove the dead skin form them it doesn't hurt .. you moisturize and voilà!! New You!!

geeg said:
It is nothing like as drastic as it sounds.

The product goes on and when washed off I guess the skin goes with it. We're only talking about a fine layer of skin but the difference it makes when you get rid of all that dead built up stuff is amazing. Only dead skin cells are removed. Think of your legs. When you remove the dead skin form them it doesn't hurt .. you moisturize and voilà!! New You!!
is it like a mask or more like micro dermabrasion

Does anyone know where I could get one of these in Wales???? Or where you would go to get training for this kind of treatment???

Sue x

jac extreme said:
is it like a mask or more like micro dermabrasion

It's more like the mask stage of a classic facial. With MD Formulations a gylcolic gel is applied to the skin after cleansing, massaged lightly, and a neutraliser applied after 8-20 minutes. This is then rinsed off and can be followed with a booster mask or calming gel (if needed), moisturiser and sun protection.

I haven't used other product lines but assume the treatment protocols are similar :)

I had a 35% peel (proffesional use only) and the results were good. However, I decided to have another one a week later and I ended up really sore with a bad rash. I should have waitied a bit longer. The brand is Nimue and you really see results. Anyway, I just put E45 cream on and it healed it straight away. So, me being me.............I'll do another one in a couple of weeks.

The NIMUE range is excellent, the peels are fantastic. Someone mentioned about using an spf20 afterwards - that's a must. I would use their spf 20 everyday anyway to prevent further damage and it's a cheap anti aging product!!
HOPE THAT HELPS!!

Latest posts

Back