Going back to the freedom of being a traveller

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in agreement with the other geeks, live your life the way thats best for you, be proud of your roots and your culture, I noticed though that you said that you were going to stop working...why!!?? Couldnt you set up where you are and service the travelling community around you???? Dont let your skills slide!
Tinaxxxx

I could but to be fair everyone haggles, and family discounts well who wouldnt it apply to?

Im thinking of doing swaps though, a set of nails for a handmade dress from my girls, set of eyelashes for a nice rug, a spray tan for handsone pair of shoes.

Didnt wamt to read and run :) although its been said already wish you all the best with the move and no way should you have felt shame for who you are. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Don't let stupid people get you down! A friend of mine is from romani decent, although they don't live "by the Romani book" they have kept te values and the language. It was quite upsetting to see the trouble she had through school ad it was awful to think she felt she had to move away to go to sixth form and uni although it may have been a good thing as she has gotten to where she was expecting to be at this age.

I don't understand where people get that travellers are uneducated too, she was the only one with straight a* GCSE's and is now a lawyer.

I was on my hair course with a gypsy girl, no idea what decent, but she was one of the few who really tried in class.
Iv had some of the best times with gypsy's, and unlike some idiots most people accept them, but again it's like a lot of people's perception, it's the idiots in both cultures that give us both bad views on each others culture's.

Fingers crossed for your new adventure and I hope no one causes you or anyone else on site any problems xoxo

Hello lovelys!

All unpacked and sorted, now time to go make new friends! (which i havent done in a long time)

Thanks for all your support!!

I think every person alive if they admitted it, has the 'wander lust' or a craving for the freedom from the constraints of ´society´

We retired 13 years ago now (if you can believe that) and it was freedom for us to do that which we wanted to do and to go where we wanted to go. Purely selfish. Children grown up and all doing really well ... happy days.

NOW I have that hankering to be needed and used before I have no more to give. What to do?? A home in the UK AND SPAIN? I THINK SO. :lol: I want to be free to come and go when I need to and want to.

That's what it is all about .. being free! Go for it and do the best for your children that you can. x All my best wishes. x

This thread is brilliant :) I wish you all the luck in the world!
Without going over everything that has already been said, I've always thought it was disgusting the way council expects (and tries to force) travellers to conform to what their opinion of "the norm" is.
I stay in static caravans on holidays, used to have touring caravans as well and i love them, but I prefer to live in a house and that's my choice, I would not want to be forced to live in caravan and don't think anyone has any right at all to dictate to anyone where or how they should live!
I fully support the traveller way of life, their family bonds are something I will never have and don't think there are many that do have that either. Good luck hun :)

I think every person alive if they admitted it, has the 'wander lust' or a craving for the freedom from the constraints of ´society´

We retired 13 years ago now (if you can believe that) and it was freedom for us to do that which we wanted to do and to go where we wanted to go. Purely selfish. Children grown up and all doing really well ... happy days.

NOW I have that hankering to be needed and used before I have no more to give. What to do?? A home in the UK AND SPAIN? I THINK SO. :lol: I want to be free to come and go when I need to and want to.

That's what it is all about .. being free! Go for it and do the best for your children that you can. x All my best wishes. x

A little place in Ireland too! Although if you are in UK then there's a chance we might get you over here!

Geeg, you sound like a secret traveller!!

I wish everyone could at least try our life and see some of our hurdles we face.

I tried living like a country person but not for me!!

My mum and dad sold there holiday home in the country and bought a camper van, There never here these days always off on there travels and love it to bits, just come back from Brighton and off to York tomorrow! x

Geeg, you sound like a secret traveller!!

I wish everyone could at least try our life and see some of our hurdles we face.

I tried living like a country person but not for me!!

Too old now ... but still a free spirit at heart darling.

It's hard to have freedom when you have 5 children! You feel you must do the best for them and I have done my best. Proud of all of them. All free spirits and working for themselves and successful. Who could ask for more?

I wish you everything and the best for you all. x Kind of envious if I am honest. But life gives you freedom sometimes and at others you get caught up.

Grab it while you can. x

Fantastic I'm a tad jelouse lol.how exciting he he your doing the right thing for sure.xxx

I am sorry if I have caused offence that is how my friends refer to them selves I didn't realise it was not ok x

Bless you.

I dont think you did anything wrong in saying coloured people. you didn't say it in a horrible way or anything. x

Lovely response!!

It is clear to me you meant no insult by the way you had written your post.

People, you KNOW when someone intends to insult or incite.

There are plenty of examples of insulting behaviour on these boards and depending on who the instigator is, there are times when NO ONE steps in to protest.

It saddens me when something innocent is highlighted as something more than it is.

Peace and respect xxx

Agree! x

Strange question, but as you will be in a permenant site it may be different, but for travellers who constantly travel, how do they do cars? Where is the tax and insurance papers sent to? And banking, without an address I thought anyone couldn't open an account, but many travellers iv met some in house's others in caravans who travel and others permanently on site as well as the ones with no set abode have had bank cards, where are the statements etc... Sent to? Xoxo

You can register cars to traveller sites. I had the police round once after a dispute with a traveller & he took the guy's reg details & tracked it back to a site down south, I was quite surprised at that (hadn't thought about it) but obviously he had moved around since then.

Latest posts

Back