Guyliner And Manscara. What Do You Think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guyliner & Manscara. What do you think?

• Noooooo! It's just sooo wrong!

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • Not fussed. Does not bother me whether they do or don't.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • it's great! If woman can do it then men can too.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Not something I would prefer myself but don't mind if they do.

Votes: 16 16.8%

• Total voters
I agree entirely - it wasn't what people find attractive that I had any issue with, it was with the assumption that wearing make-up was not 'manly' that I disagreed. It's the whole notion that "being a man" & masculinity precludes the wearing of make-up that I have a problem ; in the same way that I don't think a woman has to wear make-up to be feminine.

LOL I bet you think I'm stereotypical then for wearing make-up to look and feel feminine...

LOL I bet you think I'm stereotypical then for wearing make-up to look and feel feminine...

Not at all! I think everyone should feel free to look & dress as they feel comfortable, not how society says they must look in order to conform to the accepted norm, which was my original point!

Martin x

Not at all! I think everyone should feel free to look & dress as they feel comfortable, not how society says they must look in order to conform to the accepted norm, which was my original point!

Martin x

Cool :)

I've always loved make-up - ever since I was little - and before I realised I was trans even!

My BF could come to me wearing bright pink lip gloss for all i care!! lol.

*PUCKER UP* :green:

I ticked no way....... I would not find it attractive on my man, and there is no way he would ever even contemplate it! He's a stereotypical 'man's man' and would view make-up as deeply suspicious, lol!!

Not for me, but it;s really interesting looking at the spread of votes on the poll!

I love my fella they way he is, trying to get him to have a tattoo but hasnt happened yet.

If he got up one morning and decided to start waring make up - ok I probally would be shock for a minute,

BUT - think about this we should love our partners for who they are not what they look like. I do. (He is cute though for the record)

BUT - think about this we should love our partners for who they are not what they look like. I do. (He is cute though for the record

Imo hun that's way off the subject,i don't love my son for the way he looks,i would would feel the same if he wore make up.

This poll isn't about why we should love the men in our lives,that's a completely different subject :hug:

Many, many, many years ago, I was putting make-up on one evening and my then partner asked "what does this do, how does that work etc etc." because he was just curious and showing an interest.

I said to him "right, sit down and I'll put some on for you" thinking he'd run a mile. Instead, he was a good sport and I got to "colour him in" :lol: :lol:

We had a right scream doing it, and I have to admit, his eyelashes looked stunning. He had such beautiful, long lashes.

But, he was a mans man at the end of the day and we just had some fun.

I don't mind men wearing make up. I don't think my current partner would ever consider it. Took me long enough to convince him to pluck his eyebrows to make them look a bit neater !! So I don't think he'll be rushing out anytime soon to buy make-up :lol:

However, I don't have a problem with men who want to wear make-up.

I have to admit, if my boss were to walk in on Monday morning wearing mascara and eyeliner, I would probably be a bit shocked, but hey, it's his choice.

I suppose we do categorise people and put them in boxes. If a man wears make-up, we tend to think they are probably gay or very etrovert and that is probably why we would think if a straight man wore make-up "just because" that he is weird.

Besides the packaging for the male make-up that is being launched, I wonder whether the product is any different to the main stream "female" make-up ???

M.

A guy wearing makeup does not bother me one bit, I quite like it that they want to make an effort with their appearance. Women usually wear makeup so that they feel good about their appearance, so a guy wearing it is surely no different? My dad occasionally wears consealor when he gets a spot on his face.

Now that said, my OH would probably never ever want to wear makeup (i'm still trying to get him to let me attack his eyebrows with the tweezers), but ex's have, and it hasn't bothered me one bit. Half of my male friends wear makeup, and we usually joke that it takes them longer to get ready to go out than me!

I don't mind at all.
I can remember going out with a guy in the 80's who wore make up. It didn't make him look the slightest bit effeminate - just well groomed. It was quite popular then, my god that makes me feel sooo old!

Leslie

I don't mind at all.
I can remember going out with a guy in the 80's who wore make up. It didn't make him look the slightest bit effeminate - just well groomed. It was quite popular then, my god that makes me feel sooo old!

Leslie

My first husband always used to wear a bit of eye liner when we went out, most of the fellas did, Adam and the Ants were in the charts and it was quiet normal, you had to look closely to tell but I liked the look.
Does make me laugh though, make up for men, face cream for men :rolleyes: if its none sented, does it matter? or is man skin different to girlie skin:smack:

My first husband always used to wear a bit of eye liner when we went out, most of the fellas did, Adam and the Ants were in the charts and it was quiet normal, you had to look closely to tell but I liked the look.
Does make me laugh though, make up for men, face cream for men :rolleyes: if its none sented, does it matter? or is man skin different to girlie skin:smack:

It's probably the same as girlie make-up but in different packaging lol...

Not for my husband or my son's i have to say. My hubby is a mans man and he is hairy aswell,i do'nt want him to shave nor does he. Just for the record,i only wear make-up when i go out , not everyday.

Everyone is different and that what makes us all individuals, i would not walk up to a man and say,dont wear any make -up because I dont like it,its up to them. Nor would i expect anyone to walk up to me and say that i have to wear make -up.

I think it could be the future, why can’t we men look good? Girls do!!

I would be up for this. But I would like it all applied by a professional first, so I can see how good or bad it can look when done the correct way.

I just know, if I did it first, I would make a right mess and put me right off.

Ill keep my eyes open in the local area to see if they ever do a Male makeup session.

If they did, and I saw lots of men waiting, I would join the line

Would like maybe a before and after photo taken so I could compare.

Lets wait and see what the future of makeup as inline for us all.

I think I would initially be very worried leaving the house, for fears of people laughing etc.

I agree entirely - it wasn't what people find attractive that I had any issue with, it was with the assumption that wearing make-up was not 'manly' that I disagreed. It's the whole notion that "being a man" & masculinity precludes the wearing of make-up that I have a problem ; in the same way that I don't think a woman has to wear make-up to be feminine.
I agree whole heartedly with this....i feel so feminine,sometimes with just mascara,and nothing else,and i have short cropped blond hair,now yet feel so sexy....ok peeps i know it was surprising i may post a pic later!

Getting back on topic,if my man wore mascara,i would have no problems whatsoever....i even wish he would try on some sexy lingerie,but hey that is another story....LMFAO:lol:,you know me,always pushing the boundaries....LOL

Great thought provoking thread:)

I have voted No but not because i think its soooo wrong...:lol:....I voted no cos i personally wouldn't find it attractive on Rob....however i have see men with eyeliner and mascara on and did think it looked hot ON THEM !!...I think to pull this off you have to have the right look...the right style and the right attitude.

Robs got these but not in the make up looking way...:lol:

I have nothing against men who want to wear makeup, but tbh, if my hubby decided one day that it was for him, I would laugh, cos it is soooo not him at all!

As Angie said, it looks really hot on some men, and some men not so hot, but youve got to have to look and attitude to go with it!

Its not going to suit every man...you really do have to have the right attitude, style, look.....lets face it...imagine a 60 + with flat cap and slacks with his eyeliner on....:lol:.....or your bank manager, suited and booted with his mascara on...:lol:

There is only one man I would make an exception for - Johnny Depp.

Latest posts

Back