Hangovers that last for 2 days!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THERAPY

Reaction score
I must be getting old!!
I don't go out very often but I've been out every Saturday for the last 3 weeks which is rare for me. But my hangovers last for 2 days!! :eek:
I can't cope with it think I might go teetotal.
I told my hubby yesterday I'd got flu!!! He just gave me THAT look lol
Is it just me or do you other geeks suffer for days aswell?

well I don't bounce back from self abuse the way I used to:lol:
But I've never had a hang over in my life, I always eat before going out and have a pint of water when I get home and take another to bed with me, I seldom remember drinking it but the glass is always empty by morning. That said I am only likely to drink 2 or 3 times a year and I've been like that for the last 10 years so maybe I put the breaks on my life style at the right time:eek:

With you there mate - mine last 2 days or more.

I dread going out because I am a binge drinker (once Im out - boy am I out - you cant get me home)

My husband hates drink with a passion - he says it does nowt for him except spoil his week - hes lethargic for days just for a few hours and a few drinks.

For me - I get nothing done which is why I hate it.

It might be just getting old but I also think we have more responsibilities and a hangover becomes more inconvenient (remember just lazing the day away and not worrying the slightest as a 17-25 year old)

My hubby says he would love it if drink was banned :eek: but think hes being a bit extreme here!!

I have been drunk 3 ( was discussing this with my mum yesterday...and it might be 4 ) times in total.... all aged 35 and 36.... I know I am a living on the edge type of girl...:lol:

but alcohol just doesn't agree with me because my hangovers were for a minimum of 7 days!!!! :eek:
I am not sure they could be classed as hangovers....I was like somebody from the exorcist...!!!!

So luckily for me I don't like the taste of alcohol....although I did manage to drink a bottle of wine and a lager and lime on Sunday....which made me a bit giddy....:D
But that was the first time for two years....

I only go out and get drunk at christmas and to a ball in the summer, so twice a year is my limit and I drink loads of water before I go and eat, and have water before bed etc, still get a hangover.

Defo an age thing. :cry:

With you there mate - mine last 2 days or more.

I dread going out because I am a binge drinker (once Im out - boy am I out - you cant get me home)

My husband hates drink with a passion - he says it does nowt for him except spoil his week - hes lethargic for days just for a few hours and a few drinks.

For me - I get nothing done which is why I hate it.

It might be just getting old but I also think we have more responsibilities and a hangover becomes more inconvenient (remember just lazing the day away and not worrying the slightest as a 17-25 year old)

My hubby says he would love it if drink was banned :eek: but think hes being a bit extreme here!!

Yeah thats me... I was in bed for most of the day yesterday and I felt so guilty because I'd hardly spoken to the kids :cry:. I kept apologising to them.
I'm going to be really sensible next time I go out and behave like a responsible parent :eek:. Now then, any advice on gettind rid of this headache!!!

Have a massive big fry up .....
Which I am going to have if my lazy daughters get out of bed....I have vouchers for a free breakfast...

You could take their place if you like :lol:

Yep as I've got older then hangovers last longer and I end up all day with my head down the toilet and I mean all day! In a way its a good thiing as now I stop when I start getting tipsy. Its not nice.

I'm on my way!!!!
Beacause of my flu like symptons yesterday the house is a pigsty so I am going upstairs with a black bag, hoover and polish so will not be down for sometime... wish me luck!!! I dread what I will find under the kids beds....yuk. HELP

I always like full sugar coca cola the day after. and co-codomols.

Nothing tastes as good as the first drink does it? A nice half a lager on a sunny day...turns to puking your insides up a few hours later.

Did anyone see the top 20 of drugs - the obvious dangerous ones were number 1 or 2 but alcohol came at number 7 or something - saying if it came out now it would be class A :eek: in terms of its addictiveness and the way it alters behaviour (think 11pm onwards on a saturday night in your town centres)

I dont even drink in the house - but as I said earlier - Im greedy when I go out (you name it I drink it shots, cocktails, halves of cider -WHY!!!)

I tend to avoid drinking due to getting crippling headaches if I do so its just the drugs for me now :eek:

I get terrible hangovers. Never used to, so I think it's definitely an age thing. I've got one now, as a matter of fact.

I get terrible hangovers. Never used to, so I think it's definitely an age thing. I've got one now, as a matter of fact.

Now you do surprise me:green::green::green:

halllebleedinullyah! I'm not alone!!!

I had to laugh at ALL of the comments as THEY ARE ALL ME!!!

I get stupendous hangovers and last all day and then the following day I'm really lethargic and not with it and a bit low.

I too have NO WILLPOWER once I am out. I binge drink, dance on tables, fall over outside posh establishments and nearly get refused entry to taxis.

the last one was 3 weeks ago when 3 of us went out for 'lunch' from 1-9pm and 6 bottles of wine.

the next day was horrendous, my son begged me to walk him to the shops to get some wrestling cards, it took me an hour to get dressed and I walked like a zombie and bless him, he held my hand all the way there. I had to stand AMONGST BOTTLES OF WINE to get served. Yuck!

I now like to drink in the house, and tend to have a glass of wine most nights starting Thursday to Saturday.

I HATE going out cos its a bittersweet pill, I want to let go and enjoy myself but I know what a humdinger of a hangover I am letting myself in for.

Now, if I go out, I buy my own drinks, I drink bacardi and coke and sometimes just a coke.

Hangover food: diet coke freezing cold, packet of salt n vinegar crisps, 2 strong painkillers. by 6pm I NEEED curry-chips!

I'm never sober enough to get a hangover

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I feel seedy for a week. The next day I can only get off the couch to go to the toilet to puke. I spend half the morning asleep sitting next to the toilet bowl with my head on the seat.

Bacon and eggs work wonders as do lemonade and twisties.

When I have a big night out it takes me a week to recover from one nights sleep deprevation.

I have discovered though that if I get home and have a hugh red cordial and a slice or two of dry bread and then sleep sitting up I don't puke anymore. Once I lay down I puke.

I only get merry once a year - new years - and then it puts me off for the rest of the year.

I'm so glad I'm not alone.
I always go out with good intensions to behave like a lady!!!
Who am I trying to kid I'm as common as s**t lol
If any of my clients saw me out I think they'd find another therapist.
Form now on I'm going to be really good. You all believe me don't you???!!!

i feel REALLY rough when i have a headache and can be bad for 2 days BUT i have found a fab 'recipe', when i get in i have 2 solphadine and a little tablet called motillium ( its an anti sickness tab) you can get it from any chemist and i also have as much water as poss, sometimes fot much cos that can make me feel sick too ! it really dampens down that horrid sicky headachey feeling, i also swopped from wine to gin and slimline tonic, this all makes me sound like a professional alcholic, i'm not i promise ! the other answer of course is to know when to stop ! but of course when your out 'the drinks in and the wit's out' ! :):lol:

Thanks for that tip Lilly.
I think I need to switch to Vodka and tonic because I'm sure it's wine that gives me the evil headache.
My headache is just beginning to lift now thank god.
Everything in moderation is my new motto!

Latest posts

Back