HD Eyebrow training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Someone earlier said there was a person in Scotland.

Su x

Hi there Wax Queen,
I'm interested in the threading course with Threads and Threading that you mentioned. I can't seem to find them on the internet. Do you have any contact details for them?

Thanks...
Juani

I am booked on for training in Milton Keynes at the end of this month :green:

Hi,
Just reading all old threads on HD brows and wondered how you got on with your HD training Gelly back in November?
Love Emma x:hug:x

Hmmmm.... Its not something i'd consider yet, especially the first half of the year. How much could you charge for this service currently? I wonder if it would be hard to get m less than a fiver 15 mins brow ladies to convert. I know they look fab when they are done, but i'd be worried about not making the money back. Is it as expensive to do as it looks? Gone on their webby and you can't get any real info, even when registered. Hmmmmm its a thinker.....

Based on my average day's earnings it would cost me the better part of 2K to get trained.
It's a LOT of money!
I think it depends on where you are. I can see high end salons and spas offering this, and city salons doing quite well. I'm in a little village in an affluent area of deepest darkest Hampshire. I can't see my 4x4 mums wanting brows like this, to be honest.

I know people who carry this out in affluent areas, and it does very well. Its something what the "ABSOLUTELY" people really like.

Paying around £500 for a two day course, you said earnings plus course 2K, so thats, £750 a day you personally earn...........................

You cant factor anything like that into training because any course you take will be the same whether its nails or anything, you simply wont be in work, just like when you are on holiday.

Some charge £20 for this some charge £30

All depends on your marketing, I would say.

Su x

I know people who carry this out in affluent areas, and it does very well. Its something what the "ABSOLUTELY" people really like.

Paying around £500 for a two day course, you said earnings plus course 2K, so thats, £750 a day you personally earn...........................

You cant factor anything like that into training because any course you take will be the same whether its nails or anything, you simply wont be in work, just like when you are on holiday.

Some charge £20 for this some charge £30

All depends on your marketing, I would say.

Su x

it's 595 + VAT = 799, plus travelling, plus my earnings, so yep, it's the thick end of 2K.
A lot of the training I do I do in the evenings so it impacts less on my daily earning potential.
I think you do have to factor in the amount of money you'll lose whilst training when considering where your training budget should lie, in the same way that I don't take holidays during July and August, because I'll lose too much money!

Yes its your choice, you will never earn money while doing any training, its the way it is.

I can only tell what work with our clients, and for others.

its how it is.

Su x

Still you must be doing ok, I worked it out at 180K a year, and I gave you a few weeks of too.

it's 595 + VAT = 799, plus travelling, plus my earnings, so yep, it's the thick end of 2K.
A lot of the training I do I do in the evenings so it impacts less on my daily earning potential.
I think you do have to factor in the amount of money you'll lose whilst training when considering where your training budget should lie, in the same way that I don't take holidays during July and August, because I'll lose too much money!

Don't forget kit. I think that was a couple hundred + VAT too.

Still you must be doing ok, I worked it out at 180K a year, and I gave you a few weeks of too.

PM me if you really want to know how much I turnover in a year!

:rolleyes:

No you are ok,

Su x

I love the idea of training in and performing HD brows, but i too am a sole trader in a small town. I'll probably do it anyway, lol.

I agree that all expenses must be taken into account, just so that you can be financially prepared.

On a seperate note, i think that our income should remain private unless we wish to disclose it. I can only hope that one day i will be on similar earnings to Lynne, well done on your profitable business xxx

I took the course, and yeah Lynne your probably right in your costings here. When you count kit, flights, hotel, taxis from airport, meals, then what I'd make in the salon, then you're prob right at 2k.

In saying that, I don't regret it babes! Loved it. Thought I was the Brow Queen anyway (even b4 the course), but on a previous theard someone said Nilam's put a sexy new spin on brows and clients are totally loving it, they can't get enough.

I charge £30, although I know some people on my course were gonna be charging £55. Wasn't really about the money for me, more cos my nose was getting the better of me.

Taking expenses and lack of earnings away, the course at £600 + VAT was worth it. If you consider it was two days, know some people charging £200 for a days course that is rubbish in comparision without all the marketing hype (which I love btw) and celebrity endorsements (love that too). Second day was all practical, done loads of treatments with 1-2-1 training with the trainers.

Lynne, come to bonnie Scotland, I'll convert you :)

xxxxxxx

Out of interest if there are 7 steps to carrying out the HD brows, do you carry out the whole 7 steps everytime?

Can you complete a full HD brow treatment if the client doesnt want their eyebrows tinted?

xx

I love the idea of training in and performing HD brows, but i too am a sole trader in a small town. I'll probably do it anyway, lol.

I agree that all expenses must be taken into account, just so that you can be financially prepared.

On a seperate note, i think that our income should remain private unless we wish to disclose it. I can only hope that one day i will be on similar earnings to Lynne, well done on your profitable business xxx

Thank you!
I work very hard at promoting my business and I've pitched myself at the higher end of the market. I would rather do 3 facials a day with the attendant retail opportunities they afford than do 10 1/2 leg waxes.
I've worked hard to ensure that my client's average spend is £75 - £100.
I'm too old and unfit for the physical workout that 10 1/2 leg waxes mean!

Thank you!
I work very hard at promoting my business and I've pitched myself at the higher end of the market. I would rather do 3 facials a day with the attendant retail opportunities they afford than do 10 1/2 leg waxes.
I've worked hard to ensure that my client's average spend is £75 - £100.
I'm too old and unfit for the physical workout that 10 1/2 leg waxes mean!

I think that some people are just jealous of those that aspire to do well for themselves & manage to do it.

A lot of the time, it's not about working harder, it's about working smarter - and there is a big difference!

I took the course, and yeah Lynne your probably right in your costings here. When you count kit, flights, hotel, taxis from airport, meals, then what I'd make in the salon, then you're prob right at 2k.

In saying that, I don't regret it babes! Loved it. Thought I was the Brow Queen anyway (even b4 the course), but on a previous theard someone said Nilam's put a sexy new spin on brows and clients are totally loving it, they can't get enough.

I charge £30, although I know some people on my course were gonna be charging £55. Wasn't really about the money for me, more cos my nose was getting the better of me.

Taking expenses and lack of earnings away, the course at £600 + VAT was worth it. If you consider it was two days, know some people charging £200 for a days course that is rubbish in comparision without all the marketing hype (which I love btw) and celebrity endorsements (love that too). Second day was all practical, done loads of treatments with 1-2-1 training with the trainers.

Lynne, come to bonnie Scotland, I'll convert you :)

xxxxxxx

Sounds the same as me, as I was one of the first on there

I had Nilam, her sister and Heidi Worman, they were all great. You are right everyone thinks they are the brow expert, and in bigger salons it worse, someone thinks they are the wiz at brows, I thought I was good until these lot showed there face!

Kind regards,

Su x

Out of interest if there are 7 steps to carrying out the HD brows, do you carry out the whole 7 steps everytime?

Can you complete a full HD brow treatment if the client doesnt want their eyebrows tinted?

xx

The tint is part of the HD Brows, wouldn't be the same without it babes. xx

What are the 7 steps you carrying out when doing HD brows?
x:hug:x

Latest posts

Back