Help with lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauramakeupart

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently trained in lash extensions :D, although I need a bit of help please. I was wondering if anyone can tell me of any soft individual lash extensions that curl up well and actually look like strip lashes if you get me? I see some photos of lash extensions and they look really full and glam. The ones I do just seem to look longer but not necessarily more volumised even if I use a 0.25mm. Also I got a kit from where I was trained but the lashes don't even look noticeable on most people. I have bought some mink ones Think it was 0.25 x13 D curl, They seem a bit better but still pretty stiff and plasticy looking. I am looking to create a big fan of lashes but I can't seem to do it. I have checked all over the net and can't seem to get this

thanks,
:cry:
Laura xxx

Hi, Laura if you contact us directly we can post out a selection of all the lashes we do.
This should give you an idea of what to order. Louise

Im the same Laura! I get girls calling, texting me etc asking if I can give them lashes that look really really false!! As if they are wearing the glam strip lashes but everything I have tried doesnt give off that effect! Like you I seem to get the length part perfect if only I could get the thickness too! Iv tried the .25 but I wish there was a .35 lol!
Iv been looking at flare lashes from lashbase which looks to have about 5 lashes to each one, Im hoping this could be the answer to our problems!!

Not sure if I am right, but I think to get a mega full look it isn't always about length. Sometimes if the lashes are really long, they can look more sparse. To get glamour volume you would probably need to do at least 100lpe with lots of medium length lashes mixed in with the longer ones.
Hopefully someone with more experience will be able to answer better as I haven't really done mega full lashes. Most I have done is 100lpe and that is only once lol.
A good curly lash would possibly help too, probably C's and D's.

xx

Have you tried 0.3mm D Curl lashes, this is most of our customers order for the 'Jordan look'
Lou x
Im the same Laura! I get girls calling, texting me etc asking if I can give them lashes that look really really false!! As if they are wearing the glam strip lashes but everything I have tried doesnt give off that effect! Like you I seem to get the length part perfect if only I could get the thickness too! Iv tried the .25 but I wish there was a .35 lol!
Iv been looking at flare lashes from lashbase which looks to have about 5 lashes to each one, Im hoping this could be the answer to our problems!!

Have you tried 0.3mm D Curl lashes, this is most of our customers order for the 'Jordan look'
Lou x

Iv not seen then no, are you attending the manchester show next week? x

Ooohh I hope you are attending Manchester! I would love to see the .3 I have a few dancers who are desperate for the 'jordan' look. It doesn't matter how many times you tell them that Jordan has strip lashes (sometimes 2 pairs) on top of semi individual they just don't believe it. Hopefully they watched her show last night and can see that I'm not chatting bs

Hi Ladies

Don't want to put a spoiler on this thread however ....

Be careful never to overload the natural lash, if you do the client will lose their lashes prematurely. Not everyone can have the 'Jordan' look, their lashes simply won't support a heavier lash.

Francesca

LASH by Francesca

Master Certified in Individual Eyelash Extensions
Trainer Qualified in Individual Eyelash Extensions

Totaly agree with Francessca on this one. You must always only ever apply the weight of lash that the natural lash can support. in nearly 6 years I have never used a 0.3 thickness. Remember, this is approx 3 times a natural lash width. Far too heavy for most lashes!
I know it is very tempting when you start out to use the thickest lashes to get volume quickly. this is not the way forward. as your experience and skills improve you will get amazing volume, if the client has the natural lashes to lash. The majority of my sets are made up of 0.15 and 0.20 only. I think Iv used 0.25 width s just a handful of times. it does seem to be a trend with the young girls to want the jordan look, and thats fine if they have the natural lashes to support this. Although, someone told me recently that jordan wears two sets of stick on strip lashes! Wowzer! Thats a lot of lashes lol:lol:

This is interesting as the question about thicker looking lashes keeps coming up.

I have 0.3 in my kit and have NEVER used them. In my opinion they are just too heavy for the natural lash. Sure, they will initially give the desired look but I don't think they will last as they will be too heavy for the natural lash and will damage it.

I lurk on an American forum and believe me, those girls know their stuff! One of their recurring threads is getting LIGHTER lashes! Their way is to use the lightest lashes but to apply to every single lash. (Even using small, light lashes on the baby lashes). This seems to let them apply to even the finest lashes and the result is a really dark lashline because of the sheer amount of lashes they can get on.

Obviously I know it's dependent on the amount of lashes a client has to start with but it makes me think that it's better to get experience of applying MORE lashes rather than THICKER lashes.

However, for some girls, they just want the longest, thickest possible regardless of the effects on their own lashes. Maybe they could get them for their special occasion then get them removed??

hey thanks for the help!

I came across "w" lashes, they are for fine lashes. They worked a treat, must say I thought they were pretty easy to apply and quicker too :), I mixed them with some normal lashes (longer ones on outerr, shorter on inner). I also detacked and taped back some lashes after weaving. I did the lower lashes 1st then the remaining ones and they were the best I've done so far :) xx

Last edited:
I agree with elliebee, young women usually have lots of natural lashes and you do not need to use thickest available lash to make them look dramatic, simply use all lashes - even baby ones and thickness 0.20 will do. I have clients who love dramatic look and want to look like Jordan. I always use 0.20 C or D curl and apply on every single lash (do not mix shorter ones in - use all long ones, just few shorter in inner corner). In the end they look even better than Jordan :D

Yeah I did all long graduating to short too, it looked great! I love this site, Ive learned more from this site than from the place that actually trained me!xx

Latest posts

Back