Hey Geeks Explain Your Avatars!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CurlyQs

Reaction score
I have long wondered this....

Why did you choose your avatar? What does it tell us about you? I mean other than the seasonal ones that change about.

I remember avatars above all else, when someone changes it, I am not sure who they are for a while.

When I see avatars I wonder if the pictured person is themselves or someone they care about or a celebrity (don't recognize a lot of the UK celebs).

So I'll start. My first avatar was a pink apple because it was provided by the site and easy to find, and education is a big part of my life hence the whole apple-teacher connection. When I finally figured out HOW to change my avatar I chose a pretty maple leaf because I am a very proud Canadian.

Ok, who is next?

My normal avatar tends to be the superman lego but with the words geek because I am a super geek and love the site so much its an obssession now :)

Mines pretty obvious - I'm a massage therapist. I've just done my waxing, tinting and spray tanning course so one day I may change it

Mine is nearly always my dog Kelsie (also known as HRH)

She is the best looking member of the family:lol:

I only put a picture of me up when I am feeling brave as you need a government warning to put a picture of me up on my avatar! :lol:

Mine is a picture of a character (Ann) from a UK comedy show called Little Britain. I chose it because I have a very weird and warped sense of humour and the avatar seemed to sum it all up.

See you tube link and all will be explained: YouTube - Little Britain - Anne Decorates For Christmas

Mines my georgeous boy on our wedding day :Love:

Mine changes for all kinds of reasons I get bored with the same one tbh

Mine can sometimes change,i have put pics of myself,but at present it is Vivien Leigh,as she is a legendary actress in my eyes!

mine is doggys as i love them sooooo much......i dont know alot bout computers so waiting for hubby to put my childrens pic as my avatar.

mine changes at different times for different reasons (often reflecting my mood on how others see me) and sometimes it's quite innocent, being a male in a female dominated industry I often feel the need to reflect this difference.

My foot in mouth avatar was very ME ...... and i'll probably return to it (unless I can find something more subtely offensive) ..... I even had a PM complaining about it (which pleased me to no end):) but also astounded me (I know who you are) :) ....... (it's a joke Joice, no need to PM me):eek:

Mine's my dog 'Bobby Dazzler' in his christmas hat - seasonal.

Recently is was a pic of me!

Mostly it pics of famous actors I would like to do things to:lol: , such as Sean Bean, Tom Berenger (when he was younger tho!), Mr. Darcy aka Colin Firth

I have my Pantomime character at the moment....but will be back to my normal avatar asap as I, like you, recognise people on here by the avatar and I am even confusing myself by changing mine.!!

Mine normally is a Globe Thistle ...(not a dandelion as some people think!!) ...as I wanted a Scottish theme to my avatar.

You know I think I need to change it back now and retire from the Panto!!!

AAAAh...that's better!!

ive got tinkerbell and apart from crimbo when she gets all dressed up she stays the same... ...im totally a creature of habit :)
my dad has always called me tinkerbell from when i was tiny so thats why i picked her

misc222.gif

Jess
xox

my first avatar here was a daisy with a stone falling into water, as they symbolise my favourite flower and element and thought the stone was cool as I do hot stone massage.

I generally like a daisy theme as I usually use daisy as my user name but felt like a change when I joined salon geek in September.

Incidentally, I was talking to a friend recently about user names, and told her I was using hippy chick and she looked me up and down as if to say 'at your age' and then suggested that I changed it to Retro chick.

I then decided to got for a 3rd eye theme with a lit up crystal lying on someones third eye. Liked that one a lot.

My son shows a great interest in the site and often reads over my shoulder, so for a laugh, decided to put his pic up where hes drinking my cocktail with 2 parasols in his hair.

Have only just put my pic up on MSN, before that I had my lily logo that runs through all my promo gear.

Mine's the "all seeing zip-eye" (never misses a trick :wink2: lol), I've got my Christmas Tree one at the moment but it won't stay for long.

Mine is the character Sawyer from Lost - only cos he is the lushest man on the planet and I need Lost back on my telly!!!! Got to get my fix somewhere and I spend more time here than anywhere else, lol!!

Well mine was a pic of me but it was taken when I had very long hair so when I chopped it all of I changed my avatar, I love the one's that Sam sorted for us but for Chrimbo I had to have the Grinch, I think the film is just bril:lol:

Thanks for all of the responses everyone!

I had no idea who that was Joe90! I thought you were a guy for the longest time....

And Izzidoll I NEVER thought that was a dandelion (blasphemy!).... but I am Scottish on my mom's side so I consider myself slightly more 'in the know' lol...

Keep em coming....

Mine is the character Sawyer from Lost - only cos he is the lushest man on the planet and I need Lost back on my telly!!!! Got to get my fix somewhere and I spend more time here than anywhere else, lol!!

Can I just say that I saw him in an advert on tv the other day and I found myself sitting there saying "Oh look it's Vetty!!" :rolleyes::lol:

My normal avatar is of a little me on the beach because we luckily live close to so many lovely beaches and I would love to have a body that I could parade in a skimpy bikini like that!

Latest posts

Back