High definition brows..blu ray brows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What comes across is whether the HD course is worth the money. I guess until you go on it you do not know and there has been a lot of speculation. The ones who have done the training really praise it and say it is worth it. I guess it is subjective - for some it may be the best money ever spent for others maybe not. Nilam and co do have a good reputation and she will charge more for her training time, anyone would with her following and client list. She has obviously marketed herself high end as the HD brand, which we all do at various levels in our own businesses....
Exactly, it's all about supply and demand. They've created a product/marketing that everyone wants and it is because of that - and, obviously, their own experience and skill - that they can charge so much. They will also want to keep a bit of exclusivity, I should think.

No I am happy and have defended this, my post was way into last year. I really feel none of you on here know anything about good brows, Lynne you are really knocking this, but I have to say I have looked at your own brows, we call them "golden arches" anyone who has been on the training will no the slide.

I cant believe you all rate your brow skills..as what our salon now turns out daily is far superior. I answered all the wrong (guessing )facts in my last post,

Su x

Lordy! I don't think there was any need for that at all.

And, yea, my brow skills rock thanks ;). I'm glad you got a lot out of the course, but there's no need to take it out on people who don't agree (even if they were having a laugh ;)), or don't need it.

ok so i think we can all agree that there obviously IS a demand there for such a treatment, it just isnt for every salon or clientelle

The price of training is high yet considering the following this woman Nilam has i suppose it isnt unrealistic.

I believe everyone knows whats best for their clients, what their salon needs, we cannot speculate what others earn nor diss each other this is meant to be a supportive learning curve forum!!!
am i mad????

for me brow shapes are a huge factor in determining a therapists skill for their trade, if they take pride in such a bread and butter treatment etc and give it as much welly as you would a facaial, microdermabrasion etc ....then this course is for me

great fun reading this forum though

cheers geekies
xx

ok so i think we can all agree that there obviously IS a demand there for such a treatment, it just isnt for every salon or clientelle

The price of training is high yet considering the following this woman Nilam has i suppose it isnt unrealistic.

I believe everyone knows whats best for their clients, what their salon needs, we cannot speculate what others earn nor diss each other this is meant to be a supportive learning curve forum!!!
am i mad????

for me brow shapes are a huge factor in determining a therapists skill for their trade, if they take pride in such a bread and butter treatment etc and give it as much welly as you would a facaial, microdermabrasion etc ....then this course is for me

great fun reading this forum though

cheers geekies
xx
I think that's the gist, whether it will be of use to you or not depends on so many factors - are you confident with your current brow skills (I'm guessing you are, going by your own ;))?, do you have many clients spending a lot as their 'basic' treatments (like, do they regularly have pedis/mani/nail enhancements/etc) or do they only have, for example, an eyebrow and bikini wax, saving other treatments for 'occasions'? Etc.

I have no doubt at all of Nilam's skill (or Heidi, or Nilam's sister, who's name escapes me :o), but if you're already proficient then money could be better spent on learning a new treatment maybe?

Totally agree with the last bit - treatment 'fads' will come and go, but the bread and butter treatments will always be there!

Good luck, whatever you choose :)

Linzi and Rockateer what perfect summings up of the debate! :hug:

Linzi loving your tag line 'Never wax your own foof'

hahaha i know weezie, i saw the "foof" comment too, misread it as foot, then broke my heart laughing!

hilarious thanks linzi, this place gets too serious at times !!
need a giggle, its meant to be fun to learn and pick others knowledgeable brains!

If only you lot could see my furry caterpillar brows no, Brows BC (before christ)-bad joke
LOL

Thing is i am doing courses now in hope of setting up my own place in maybe two years so this is all the groundwork going in now, i think it will be sommit i will do in the future
fun thread, has earned me my first few reps !!!!
FINALLY!!!

HI

If it is the gaps in peoples brows you should try Christian eyebrow! Its a semi permanent eyebrow powder, it comes with stencils and a brush, its pretty much idiot Prof. :Look_righ Christian Eyebrow | izabellehammon.com :Look_left

I have to say i have a member of staff booked on the nouveau lashes course at the end of this month, yes their training is expensive compared to other companies but personally I believe you get what you pay for.

I have read all the literature and they seem an extremely professional company and I am confident the training will be good. (gulp i hope!!)

Also check this out YouTube - HD BROWS - 7 Steps to the perfect Celebrity Brow

im due to do nouveau lashes etc training and must admit like the company to deal with......

I can't understand why there are so many snappy comments over one course !

I haven't done the course but I can see the point of view of those that have and I do believe that everyone would more than likely learn something from it that would improve their brow skills.

It reminds me of people who have been on one day courses and done absolutely no long term courses yet shout from the roof tops that the one day course they attended teaches them everything they need to know and is of the same standard as a 1 years beauty course. How would they know ????? Therapists that have done both will know what they are talking about.

There is a brow bar in the town I live that has recently moved to larger premises and taken on additional staff as they are so busy just doing threading, hd brows & eyelashes. When it first opened I thought they'd be closed within a month but it is now THE place to go !!

Hi everyone,

I realize that you all are either qualified professionals or are training, I myself am neither...lol.

I registered here just to say this....YouTube is your friend, there isn't anything that cannot be found there.

I have seen many tutorials on brow grooming and defining on YouTube, one channel I can suggest is Pixiwoo, I think these girls are fantastic, however, if they are not your cup of tea, there are tons of other vids to research before spending a single penny.:wink2:

Good luck.

Hi Guys

I just wanted to give you an opinion from the other side of things. I myself was fascinated by the HD Brows and my local salon just started the treatment on monday.

I was really excited and have quite fair eyebrows so i knew it would be a real change. I havent had my eye brows tinted before and only had them waxed a handful of times.

At first i was really impressed by the treatment my eyebrows looked great. But i must say it really hurt, and ive been left with really red raw skin, im worried the wax was too hot as it felt very hot on my skin. The therapist also dragged the wax along my brow and kind of played with it getting it into position before she pulled it off. This hurt a lot! Anyways the threading was fine didnt hurt too much. The therapist used a pencil and make up to make them look better but once this washed off i was dissapointed.

This morning I washed my face thoroughly and to be quite honest they now just look like ive had a basic tint, nothing worth the £25 i paid. Yes they have a nice shape but this could easily be done by a wax or shaping. I think for what you pay its not worth it and people will go and get it done once because its a new craze but they likely wont keep up the £25 every 3-4 weeks maintenance.

Just my opinion anyways but thought id give you the customer side of things :smack:

HD brows is a concept and trademarked.

I loved doing brows before my hd course and was convinced I knew what was best! Wrong! Totally wrong!

Forget what you know and start from scratch! The detail you are taught is impecable.. I cannot deny that I have been sweating over the cost of the course but after those 2 days I am extremly happy with everything I learnt and understood! No more sweating :)

I haven't left being the best brow shaper in the world but I have left with passion and confidence that I will pursue my future with them and build my skill :)

The company is having it's offical launch in a few months ( cannot remember correct date) though it will be very high profile...
After the HD brow apperance on katie prices programme there website got 250,000 hits the next day! Impressive and all the HD technicians were swarmed!

The course wasn't here to steal mine or your money! They look after you still even though you have done the training. Yes you might have to pay for leaflets etc etc though nilam and her team have to make money from this all :) she works very hard and is very dedicated she deserves the reward she gets :)

If you have not been trained by nilam you are not HD trained and have no right to say you are. Obviosuly protecting the brand and the treatment.

Sorry for the essay I hope that helped a little :) x

weezie, i dont have a clue, thr pics they mrket loook thats way dont they??
SURELY SOMEBODY HAS TRAINED THAT IS WILLING TO DISCUSS THEM WITH ME PLEEEEEASE

Tweezer happy, do you like blu ray brows, maybe ishould market that hahahah

if it becomes the next "big thing" i know my idea has been stolen
hahah

I am shocked your willing to spend 1000 for this one treatment!l
If you can afford it, go for it, it's quite a big treatment, people in my area charge £25 for x

I still want to know what these 7 steps are! Somebody posted saying "it's not a secrets the steps are threading waxing tweezing ECT"!! Still not telling me the bit I don't know! :(
I can't afford the course at the moment but want to do it asap so I'm the first(ish) in my area! x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

In my opinion HD brows are the new up and coming thing. Lots of celebs are gettin them done, Kylie, J - lo and other actresses, to name a few. Nilam Patel who runs the course must be doin somethin right. Ive had it done myself and loved the results, my newly shaped brows really frame my face :)

im due to do nouveau lashes etc training and must admit like the company to deal with......

hey hun.. did you decide if you're going to do the training?

Hi all., so that post /thread was over a year ago now, time flies!
NO i never went on to do it, took another path within beuaty so no need for it, still think I will at some point theyre not huge over here in |Ireland as of yet....
Have many others done it since?

Hi all., so that post /thread was over a year ago now, time flies!
NO i never went on to do it, took another path within beuaty so no need for it, still think I will at some point theyre not huge over here in |Ireland as of yet....
Have many others done it since?

If it's not big yet the better!
You could be the one to make it big!! :) x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back