HIGH ST SALON - TELEPHONE - MOBILE -v- LANDLINE

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think is best for a High St Salon - Mobile or Landline Telephone?

• Mobile Wins

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Landline Wins

Votes: 51 98.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
I hope to open a salon in the near future. To date, I have always rented space and attended to my own appointments via mobile. Mobile has always met my needs very well.

Do you think using a mobile for a high street salon is adequate? It will be a small salon with just myself initially and perhaps a receptionist and possibly another therapist going forward.

Do you think professional image is compromised in having a mobile no. for contact?

A lot of my current clients like to make arrangements by text, particularly if they are too busy to speak in person.

What do you think wins - mobile or landline and why? Do you think landline facility is worthy of the additional costs?

Sorry for so many questions. Your help would be appreciated!:)

i have a mobile and some clients have said they dont want to pay for extra costs calling a mobile but you have a good point there are many benefits to mobile... text, out of hours contact, numbers show up when you have calls (except withheld) i do afew home visits so i like to have mobile. in the shop i wish i had a landline.

Well for me a landline gives a more professional 'vibe' (if that's the right word :lol:)
Mayby I'm old fashioned but I don't like calling moblie numbers unless it's for friends,family etc. I like to have an idea where I'm calling iykwim.
I believe that having the landline in the salon has benefited my business as it is 'acessable' to all ages and new clients know what area they are calling with regards to enquieries.
:hug:

Deffo a landline in a salon. xx

I think a landline is required ina salon aswell, although when I rented a room I had a mobile number and some clients still text me re appointments so I suppose your regulars that text you will still do that iykwim xx

Somehow my home landline accepts text messages from mobiles but you hear an automated voice instead of reading the text.

For a salon landline, for home practice or mobile therapist mobile.

Mat

For a salon landline, for home practice or mobile therapist mobile.

Mat

As a customer Id agree. Id think there was something a bit 'strange' going on if a high street salon only had a mobile number to call. :o Doesnt mean there is but thats how it would appear to me.

Landline for me too
x x x x :hug:

Landline for me aswell, alot of my clients still call or txt me on my mobile to book appointments which was all good when i was mobile except people don't feel there's a cut off time (like salon opening hours when you have a landline) i get txts as late as 12:30am too book appointments and txts at 10:00pm making enquiries i just feel when i go home that should be my time.

landline definitely. Mobile only would to me portray an 'amateur' image.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. It confirms my thoughts - landline for salon - no way out of it lol!:)

I also agree that a landline is best.

Although I rent a room I have use of the hair salons landline and only a few clients have my mobile.

I would say that 90% of clients that call the salon use their own landline so it would be more expensive to call a mobile.

Also I always find it clearer to speak on a landline.

You could always keep the mobile and make reference that the number can be used to text and also divert the salon calls to the mobile out of hours if you wanted to.

BTW Good luck with the salon opening ! :)

Defo a landline all the way hun! x

It has to be a landline Chris ...

A. IMO, it's more professional in appearance.

B. It will encourage clients to call during opening hours only, and leave messages when the salon is closed.

C. People in general are reluctant to call mobiles in view of the increased cost of calling a landline. Hopefully, this will increase volume of business.

HTHs :hug: xx

As a client I'd say definitely have a land line.

My father in law owns his own business and has a land line for customers calling in but he has a business mobile which he uses for calling customers. As most people leave their mobile as a contact number it's much cheaper using the mobile rather than the land line. The florist I used for my wedding did the same thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Definitely a land line and get the call diversion facility for a new business,
i would have missed so many customers calls with out this in the first 12 months,
all clients now have my salon and mobile numbers so can make their own choice, hth

Hey Christine

I know it sounds like a cop out, but if you can afford - and manage it - go for both! There is a growing number of people who can't/won't use a phone the old fashioned way i.e. talking into it! Texting is the new talking (not for me, but for LOTS of others).

In our (salon) experience a large percentage of people are also very nervous about leaving answer phone messages. By providing a "text" service you give an additional option to this group - potentially lessening your chance of "no shows" etc.

If you do go down this route I'd recommend LEAVING THE MOBILE in the salon at night........for your own sanity! So using your personal mobile would be a no no!

Cheers:)

Derek

finatly a landline however why not have a mobile to so your clients who like to book by txt can stilldo so? xx

Latest posts

Back