Holidays when being self employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparklepink

modges r us..we r coolio!
Reaction score
im feeling guilty:rolleyes:

i have been invite to go out to Malta again in June for a week, the same place i went to in Oct for a few days last year

I have already got my ibiza holiday booked in sept and was feeling fine about that... but i also felt like i couldnt say no to another holiday.... well wehn you have been invite to go and stay at a nice spa resort.....it is hard to say no.......

how much time out does everyone take in the year?

Am i taking too much time out if its 2 weeks but not together?....

Jess
xox

My moto in life is work to live not live to work.If you want a holiday and its not breaking the bank have one ..you never know whats round the corner.

And don't forget those who are 'employed' normally get at least 4 weeks paid holiday, often 5/6 weeks. So definitely don't feel guilty!

I take 4 - 5 weeks a year. I do however end up working like a loony before I go & when I get back to keep my clients happy! As someone said before work to live, so long as you are earning enough to pay yourself a wage then get it booked!!!

Emmmm Hun, the main thing about being self employed is to be the one calling the shots, and in my book thats defiently the holidays, as said before, if you can afford it do it, I would:lol:

GO.....i would x

Work hard, play hard - that's my motto.

If someone works extremely hard, they need the time out all the more to recharge their batteries and be up to the job. Otherwise, you just end up burnt out.

I work to live, not live to work xxx

I live to work I'm afraid but envy people who go on holiday ... weird.

I would love to have a holiday this year but have nothing planned as of yet and really not liking it. Everyone I know has been on holiday, going on holiday or is on holiday.

I suppose I can't expect a holiday when we've bought a house and getting a salon :rolleyes:

oh well ... one day ...

xxxx

As has already been said, if you are employed you get 4-6 weeks off, why should that be any different for you. You NEED a break to keep you going. So I say, go on the holiday and have a fab time xx:hug: xx

Will your salon be 'closed' when you are away? That's the thing that bothers me....if you're closed for even just a week, people think you have shut down or gone bankrupt!

Will your salon be 'closed' when you are away? That's the thing that bothers me....if you're closed for even just a week, people think you have shut down or gone bankrupt!

the girls will be in on friday and saturday so there will be someone in that week... just nt all of it
and as i close when training the salon isnt always open everyday iykwim

Jess
xox

Go, hun, and have a great time. Don't feel guilty. Why should you? All your clients have their holidays don't they? :hug:

GO JESS!!! It's a holiday..your clients will be sorted out before or after but go and have some fun:hug:

I take 2 weeks out a year and a few days off here an there when I begin to feel burned out.
I tell my clients that they are lucky because I come back a happier camper and start to enjoy doing thier hair again and plus it gives us something new to talk about. :D
Go!!!!
Enjoy!!
Relax!! and stop worrying. If your clients don't understand them tough on them. They get vacations too.

I'm going to Australia on Christmas day this year and will be away for 3.5 weeks. I am very excited bout my trip BUT so worried about my salon !! I'm in a quandary.... do I try and get cover for my salon (I have no staff for nails or beauty, just little ol me) and then risk losing some of my clients if this person tries to keep them after I get back OR do i shut up nails and beauty side of the salon til I get back ? Majority of my clients are cool with this so long as they get all their treatments done for xmas / new year. So I am expecting to work 20 hour days prior to my trip !!! At least I should be able to sleep on the aeroplane !
I do have a hairdresser so the salon will be open while I'm away.
Any advice for me pls ??????
x

Not clever enough to do the quote thingy but gillian w sums it up nicely Jess ! Get off and have a fab time !

when i had treatment rooms (in a hairdressers) and went on hols, one of my beauty friends would work there for me on a self emloyed basis (therefore, if it wasnt busy i wasnt paying out loads). this worked for me, and it covered the rent etc. HTHs xx

Latest posts

Back