Hollywood, Brazilian waxing and STDs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use gloves but my problem is the flicking up of the hot wax with them on I find it a nightmare - any tips?

I just try and leave a bit of a lip (so to speak lol) and find as long as its got a bit of body to it, it's not too bad!

Vicki x

Always wear gloves and I find that non powdered vinyl one are best in small, although my hand is medium. I like them to feel like a second skin.

If you're having trouble getting the end of your wax, pull the end off of each strip that you remove and stick the shiny side to the shiny side of the strip that's on but leave it overhanging and it will give you a handle to pull.

Ps. To avoid STD's, don't double dip and don't have sex with your client:)

In a place i used to work these dtls had to be disclosed form their GP due to the nature of the treatments, we would be informed beforehand and advised on what we were to do, in some cases two gloves in case one ripped, sometimes it was just for a straight forward facial but we still had to be careful, i doubt they would do that if it wasn't possible, the one thing that amazed us most of all was the amount of std's.
But in our position, we only have to rely on them telling us and you know that's not going to happen.
Also there have been stories in the newspapers recently saying that std's are on the increase.

Ps. To avoid STD's, don't double dip and don't have sex with your client:)

Except if it's Kevin Bacon or George Clooney. And they can double dip if they want. :Grope:

I don't use gloves. In fact I don't know anyone who does.
They're a pain in the xxxx and the last thing you need during a wax is to keep applying oil to them. I wash my hands before and after waxing and don't have a problem touching people.
You shouldn't be touching their actual F***y and only the outer lips anyway which is just skin at the end of the day. If I was having a wax and the therapist was wearing gloves I'd be very uncomfortable and feel like I'm at the doctor or something. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As long as you wash your hands before and straight after and don't touch your face or anything during it then you should be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate the F word. It sounds so vulgar and rough.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't use gloves. In fact I don't know anyone who does.
They're a pain in the arse and the last thing you need during a wax is to keep applying oil to them. I wash my hands before and after waxing and don't have a problem touching people.
You shouldn't be touching their actually f***y' and only the outer lips anyway which is just skin at the end of the day. If I was having a wax and the therapist was wearing gloves I'd be very uncomfortable and feel like I'm at the doctor or something. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As long as you wash your hands before and straight after and don't touch your face or anything during it then you should be fine.

When I do a Hollywood I remove all hair, including bum. There is also the risk of blood spotting and you dont know if you have a small cut in your hand. There are more serious things like HIV which is on the increase, not all stds are inside either! So to me taking a minute to put gloves on with tiny amount of oil, is no big deal! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate the F word. It sounds so vulgar and rough.

I agree. For some reason I have deviated from my usual of noonies which sounds so much better I feel x

I think you need to be buying gloves that fit rather than gloves that are baggy.

Vinyl gloves don't have that sticky feel to them either.

If I went for a Braz wax and the therapist didn't wear gloves, I'd think she was wierd or a bit of a perv! Lol!

I whip off every single hair underneath and round the back, so it's not just what's visible on the outside, you gotta get right in there to do a decent job!

Can we please keep this discussion on a professional level, and save any further xxx or *** editing ;)

There is nothing perverted about not wearing gloves to do this treatment.

If a client does not like it they will find someone else.

It does not affect the ability of the therapist ..I did not wear gloves for 10 years. I am not a pervert.

When the wax treatment is complete the final step for me would be to 'feel' for hair that my eagle eyes could not 'see'. You cannot do this with gloves on.

I have built my business on waxing and only one client that I am actually aware of has not returned because I did not wear gloves .. she herself was a beauty therapist.

That was cool with me, freedom of choice is a great thing.

As you will be aware from my previous post I wear gloves now.

There is nothing perverted about not wearing gloves to do this treatment.

If a client does not like it they will find someone else.

It does not affect the ability of the therapist ..I did not wear gloves for 10 years. I am not a pervert.

When the wax treatment is complete the final step for me would be to 'feel' for hair that my eagle eyes could not 'see'. You cannot do this with gloves on.

I have built my business on waxing and only one client that I am actually aware of has not returned because I did not wear gloves .. she herself was a beauty therapist.

That was cool with me, freedom of choice is a great thing.

As you will be aware from my previous post I wear gloves now.

I really want to ask a question on this but am frightened because of Izzies post..
I will go ahead and try to word it nicely..
Do you ever "slip" and "dip" as my therapist friends call it.. a therapist has done it to me :( is this not made worse not wearing gloves.
Ps mods, am sorry if out of line here but it is a genuine enquiry lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I really want to ask a question on this but am frightened because of Izzies post..
Do you ever "slip" and "dip" as my therapist friends call it.. a therapist has done it to me :( is this not made worse not wearing gloves.

:cool:

Never!!

I am not a sloppy waxer - I am in control of what I am doing and how I am doing it at all times.

:cool:

Never!!

I am not a sloppy waxer - I am in control of what I am doing and how I am doing it at all times.

Maybe I should find another "waxologist" :)

Maybe I should find another "waxologist" :)

Sadly there are plenty of not very good waxers using not very good waxes out there.

But if they don't double dip and they wear gloves that seems to be ok lol.

x

With respect, each to their own. We work how we feel comfortable, and to our clients needs. Some clients would rather their waxer wear gloves, others would rather they didn't. We cannot please everyone, fact. I wear gloves, I don't double dip & I use perron rigot Wax. I am a very good waxer, my returning, recommended & new clients are all the proof I need. However, my methods are just that.. Mine. It doesn't make me any better or worse than anyone else, it is just my preferred method & routine.
Again, each to their own.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree. For some reason I have deviated from my usual of noonies which sounds so much better I feel x

I call it lulu. Nothing to do with the ginger Scottish singer, just think it sounds nice!

It is a vagina. I hate silly names. You wouldn't go to the dr and call it a Fu fu or a noo noo or a flower lol

Never even heard of it haha!

I have no idea what a slip and dip is? But a bit curious now!
This will probably only be understood by Scottish posters over the age of 25-30, I call it 'your Shareen' :wink2:

Latest posts

Back