Hollywood, Brazilian waxing and STDs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested in what slip and dip is too.

In the interest of educating the threads non-understanding could someone in the know please share.

I was going to PM and ask earlier as no one else had requested knowing and didn't want to get in trouble by asking on the thread as it would have been directed to just one geek.. (Even tho the whole reason of this site is to ask questions and share the knowledge).
I forget which rule that is but as many are asking I feel a thread update would be fab.

My understanding of slip n dip is just as poster describes. Your fingers slip n dip into somewhere they shouldnt. Personally I have never done this and dnt see how anyone would really. We are not those type of therapists.
Back on topic, I wear gloves for all waxing and pedicures annoying as they are I prefer to wear them than not. Also dont think you can catch stds either this way unless you are doing "slip n dip".

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

I always wear gloves for intimate and underarm waxing. I wouldn't like it if I went for a wax and the therapist didn't wear gloves.

Make sure you use viynl gloves as they wont stick together while your doing your treatment. Also your not supposed to double dip your spatular. One spatular per dip;)

I am so used to wearing gloves for everything I put them on as second nature even when I am about to start a facial (which I usually only wear for chemical peels and extractions).

Having a good fit on your gloves is key. I use nitrile gloves as they are not as permeable as vinyl.

I can't imagine not wearing gloves during intimate waxing.

I personally wear gloves for all waxing, that is how I trained and what I prefer. I wouldn't stop going to a waxer because they don't though. In fact I've been waxed by excellent waxers who don't wear gloves. It's their choice.

There is nothing perverted about not wearing gloves to do this treatment.

If a client does not like it they will find someone else.

It does not affect the ability of the therapist ..I did not wear gloves for 10 years. I am not a pervert.

When the wax treatment is complete the final step for me would be to 'feel' for hair that my eagle eyes could not 'see'. You cannot do this with gloves on.

I have built my business on waxing and only one client that I am actually aware of has not returned because I did not wear gloves .. she herself was a beauty therapist.

That was cool with me, freedom of choice is a great thing.

As you will be aware from my previous post I wear gloves now.

Can i ask what made you change your mind about gloves? As I always remember you being one of the only ones who admitted not wearing gloves in previous threads. I don't wear gloves to be honest but i'm considering it after this thread x

Sorry to be a know all but the Vagina is inside and the Vulva is outside.

I have a lady that has piercings and as all vaginas are different some need you to shall we say move things out the way...I prefer gloves purely because I think it's more professional and I am a terrible nail biter ha ha not a risk im willing to take lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It is a vagina. I hate silly names. You wouldn't go to the dr and call it a Fu fu or a noo noo or a flower lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not a waxer but following this post with a little smile on my face ! I'm not sure I could you what you lot do ! And the comment about vaginas being vaginas is great ! My daughter calls it a noon and it drives me insane ! No it's not a noon it's a vagina !!! X:lol:

Last edited:
I wear nitrile gloves, they're like a second skin.

Each to their own but I can't imagine not wearing them, I wear them for all intimate waxing and underarms too.

I have had waxing with and without and I must admit I was uncomfortable when my therapist didn't wear them.

Sorry to be a know all but the Vagina is inside and the Vulva is outside.

The Labia Majora are not part of the Vulva, the vulva is the "mound" bit or the Mons pubis :) my perineum is also not part of my Vulva. Not wanting to sound like a know it all, or crude. :)

The Labia Majora are not part of the Vulva, the vulva is the "mound" bit or the Mons pubis :) my perineum is also not part of my Vulva. Not wanting to sound like a know it all, or crude. :)

I stand corrected. Teach me for being a smart ass.. the vulva included all external bits and bobs :) sorry :)
Hate ti think of my browser history after that google :)

I've never worn gloves but I don't do intimate.Ive actually got to the stage where I've had it all with can't do this and that ..its worn me down :).Patch tests every eyelash tint and tan,no dipping anytime.Consultations like someone was having an operation etc etc.
I do think you should wear gloves for intimate waxing but do I think you can really catch an std off anyone waxing no I really don't.Do people get stds on their hands anyway what are you going to catch and how.

I never used to wear gloves but am now a rubber lover....

for intimate waxing ( whatever you want I call it, you don know here it's been or who has been visiting ).

Pedicures

Have now introduced it into my nail services.

I've not had a negative response to my gloves , I think clients were actually happier as for them it reinforced their confidence in my hygiene standards.

I'm now more concerned and aware of protecting my health and less concerned if a client cannot accept or understand that.

Incidently isn't mutual masterbation concidered as safe sex even with stds.I presume people don't carry rubber gloves around with them and they have a lot more rummaging around than any waxer would ever have so I don't know why we need to be worried.

You can't wear gloves doing massage or reflexology so why would you doing pedicures unless for when you cut the nails in case you cut them.We are a hands on contact industry we can't wear gloves all the time.

You can't wear gloves doing massage or reflexology so why would you doing pedicures unless for when you cut the nails in case you cut them.We are a hands on contact industry we can't wear gloves all the time.

I know Gillian , it's not full pedicures , I should clarify ...sorry .

A lot of my clients just have a toe shellac , instead of going into a big speil about what that entails I just refer to it as a pedicure ....( what I then call a full pedicure involves soaking, scrub, , massage etc, )

No gloves once they've had a soak...

Slightly misleading ...sorry , tired, busy, busy week.!

I know Gillian , it's not full pedicures , I should clarify ...sorry .

A lot of my clients just have a toe shellac , instead of going into a big speil about what that entails I just refer to it as a pedicure ....( what I then call a full pedicure involves soaking, scrub, , massage etc, )

No gloves once they've had a soak...

Slightly misleading ...sorry , tired, busy, busy week.!

Yep I understand,so if you don't soak you wear gloves I get that.

Yep I understand,so if you don't soak you wear gloves I get that.

That's exactly what I meant to say in my usual around the world and back again waffle.

I'm too fond of talking. I should be more concise . Lol

Latest posts

Back