How do they do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanny

Reaction score
I've just been updating our Cheap Flights page for the LND site, and although both Jackie and I regularly take advantage of the cheap prices, I still cannot believe how cheap some of the flights actually are. For instance, return flights to Dublin from Glasgow, East Midlands or Liverpool can be had from as little as £25 including airport taxes. How on earth can they fly a plane, pay staff wages, fuel, etc and still only charge that amount for a return trip? It's unbelievable.

Anyway, if you're thinking of taking a trip to Ireland in the not too distant future for a holiday, to visit relatives, or dare I say it, to do the Airbrush Training with Jackie. Make sure you register with Ryanair to avail of even better offers than those mentioned above. Remember too, that the earlier you book, the more likely you'll have the choice of the cheap seats. You will have paid £25 for your flight and the guy beside you will probably have paid £90, GET IN THERE QUICK!

Oooooooo hope they are still on when we book to come over and see you guys in a few weeks !

I take it Jackie did tell you im coming back ! lol

See you soon

kx

Some great prices on there - you've missed a vital airport though Sean, dear old Gatwick is missing from your list - therefore I won't be able to come - shame :wink2: :lol:

My sister moved to Portugal last year and we've been able to pick up some cracking deals flying over there - her Dad got a flight for £10 (he's loaded) and her Mum went a week later and had to pay £120 for the same flight (and she's skint)

It's also a damn sight quicker than road and rail travel too - it takes me 2 hours to get to Portugal (20/30 mins each way transfers) and 5 hours to get to Chester to visit Husbands rellies :eek: (great excuse not to go though!)

You should put together a Geeks only training day and we could all come over together :D

Trin
xx

Hi Trin

We did that late last year and had a blast, the training was excellent too by they way !

Highly recommend Jackie - not sure there's anything she doesn't know about Airbrushing ! also what i love too is all the useful hints and tips she shares - she's so patient and giving (she needed to be with us geeks there ! questions questions questions lol)

ps there's a place just couple of doors down which do lovely hot kentucky style chicken baguettes ! mmmm

kx

Mt pal has just booked a flight with Ryan Air I think to Dublin and I cannot believe the price!!!

1p there and 99p back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you believe that!?!?!?!?!?
Tilly xx

Karren said:
Hi Trin

We did that late last year and had a blast, the training was excellent too by they way !

Highly recommend Jackie - not sure there's anything she doesn't know about Airbrushing ! also what i love too is all the useful hints and tips she shares - she's so patient and giving (she needed to be with us geeks there ! questions questions questions lol)

ps there's a place just couple of doors down which do lovely hot kentucky style chicken baguettes ! mmmm

kx

Sounds like excellent fun - someone PM me if a Geeky day starts to form, I'd like to be in it too

Trin
xx

Karren, what have you started? *LOL* I've been inundated with emails, well ok, 4 or 5! :lick:

I've decided to do another Dublin Geek meet! If there's anyone interested just give me a shout by email and we'll try to get something sorted.

There are masses of cheap flights over to Dublin and Sean and I can help find cheap and cheerful accomodation, I think when Karren & Co. came over last year it was around €35 per person per night for B&B (approx £24). For those who like a drink there's the odd bar around. :wink2: And if anyone would like to come on the airbrush class I'll do it for the Special Geeky price of £50 per person (about half normal price), that includes free equipment hire - I can take a maximum of 4 people at a time on the class. We can pick you up from the airport and drop you off at your B&B and then get you back to the airport when it's time for you to go. We take no responsibility for the Irish weather and if you want to go hunting for Leprechauns, that's extra! :lol:

And if it all gets too confusing for me I'm handing it over to Karren - Organiser Extraordinaire, she did a great job last time!

Jackie

Hope you have a good time Karren, although i don't think theres much else for you to learn?

Jackie and Sean were great, and the b&b was lovely.

i flew from belfast to bristol return the other day for £15 (excluding airport tax which is £10) couldnt believe it booked the flights 6 weeks in advance some flights were going for £2.99 we were looking to fly to newcastle on may the 19th and could get flights there and back for nothing (had to pay airport tax of £10)bargian!!!!! both were with easy get at belfast international its cheeper to fly to england that it is to get the train to dublin!!!!!!!!!!!! and all the horror stories u hear about easy jet i fly with them very reg evan on 1st name terms with some of the air stewards!!!! i have never had any problems and have only been delayed once!!!!!!!!

love naughty xxxxx

you know me ! lurvvvvvvvvve organising - though i think jake sometimes confuses it with control freak ! lol maybe my username should be control geek ?!!! nooooooooooo:Scared:

and hey i dont remember any Leprechauns being on offer when we came ??? i'll take one especially with that lovely soft dublin accent :hug: to be sure to be sure lol

kx

JackieMc said:
Karren, what have you started? *LOL* I've been inundated with emails, well ok, 4 or 5! :lick:

I've decided to do another Dublin Geek meet! If there's anyone interested just give me a shout by email and we'll try to get something sorted.

There are masses of cheap flights over to Dublin and Sean and I can help find cheap and cheerful accomodation, I think when Karren & Co. came over last year it was around €35 per person per night for B&B (approx £24). For those who like a drink there's the odd bar around. :wink2: And if anyone would like to come on the airbrush class I'll do it for the Special Geeky price of £50 per person (about half normal price), that includes free equipment hire - I can take a maximum of 4 people at a time on the class. We can pick you up from the airport and drop you off at your B&B and then get you back to the airport when it's time for you to go. We take no responsibility for the Irish weather and if you want to go hunting for Leprechauns, that's extra! :lol:

And if it all gets too confusing for me I'm handing it over to Karren - Organiser Extraordinaire, she did a great job last time!

Jackie

Seanny said:
I've just been updating our Cheap Flights page for the LND site, and although both Jackie and I regularly take advantage of the cheap prices, I still cannot believe how cheap some of the flights actually are. For instance, return flights to Dublin from Glasgow, East Midlands or Liverpool can be had from as little as £25 including airport taxes. How on earth can they fly a plane, pay staff wages, fuel, etc and still only charge that amount for a return trip? It's unbelievable.

Anyway, if you're thinking of taking a trip to Ireland in the not too distant future for a holiday, to visit relatives, or dare I say it, to do the Airbrush Training with Jackie. Make sure you register with Ryanair to avail of even better offers than those mentioned above. Remember too, that the earlier you book, the more likely you'll have the choice of the cheap seats. You will have paid £25 for your flight and the guy beside you will probably have paid £90, GET IN THERE QUICK!

Seanny, I too have taken advantage of the Ryan Air flights. I got return tickets to Spain for 1p each way. The flights were in the middle of the day and it was brilliant. However, I didn't see anything on there about registering. How do you do that? I'm hoping that you mean they'll notify me of any future special offers. Cheers. xx

I just booked for my mum and dad to go to Torrevieja (they went yesterday) for £8.99 each way with Ryan Air - fanBLOODYtastic!!

Hi, my cousin came over from America for a christening she flew into Manchester for a staggering £80 return. No changes or nothing.!!

Seany - I just got tickets on Ryan-Scare to Dublin for 99p there and £29.99 on the way back - well cool as Haydn would say!! Do you think I'll get anything to troff :D by the time we have taken off we're descending again... I'll tell you - it takes less time to get to Dublin than it does to go 7 miles to work - how CRAZY is that???

Mrs Geek said:
Seany - I just got tickets on Ryan-Scare to Dublin for 99p there and £29.99 on the way back - well cool as Haydn would say!! Do you think I'll get anything to troff :D by the time we have taken off we're descending again... I'll tell you - it takes less time to get to Dublin than it does to go 7 miles to work - how CRAZY is that???
And I thought BMi Baby was cheap but,my god... how brill is that!.
Im gonna try & talk Mark into a weekend there... its time he got back to his roots, lol!

I used to fly to Charlerois in holland, (just near Brussells), to see my partner when he was working at the fire station, and I used to fly from stanstead, if I booked early enough on the internet I could get a flight out for 1p, and back f0r 99p.
It cost me more to park my car in the airport car park for three days than it did to fly!!!!!!!!!!
I believe how they offer flights so cheap is that they have a certain number of seats that they can offer at these crazy prices, and once these seats have gone, then it's up to the more or less normal price range.

Christine

The flights wernt cheap three weeksa ago when herman and a group of lads went to Dublin for a stag doo!!!!!!!

Amanda

Lily, make sure you register with Ryanair and they'll send you regular emails of their special offer flights - I travel back to the UK every month and in 5 years I've never paid more than £45 for the flight including taxes, the last 3 flights have only cost me between £25 and £30 return - that's even cheaper than my taxi fare from the airport to my mum's and that's only a 14 mile drive!

Jackie

Trin, Gatwick has been added. You've no excuse now, see you soon. ;)

Karren (miss bossy boots), look forward to seeing you again hun.

Sammie, thx for the kind words. :hug:

Mr's Geek. I know exactly where you're coming from with the whole short flight thing. I purchased one of the small cans of beer (mini-size) and I no sooner had it opened when the trolley-dolly lady came by to pick up empties, inflight mags, etc, informing us that we would be landing soon. If you're a beer-guzzler, use the ferry. :p

To those who are asking about registering, I've just had a quick nose in the Ryanair site and I cant find a link to register. Jackie says that you only get the opportunity to register after you've booked your flight with your credit card (we're with them so long, my senile brain cant remember how we started out *LOL*). Once you've done that, you'll normally get one or two emails a week showing the offers. Locations and prices, however you normally have to purchase your tickets within a given time frame, there will be an expiry date shown in the email.

If you havent yet registered but you still want to keep yourself up to date with the latest offers, you can always check out the special offer page in the Ryanair site.

Hmmm have already pm'd Jackie about coming over- i live in Exeter & low & behold Ryanair don't fly from there, have looked with Flybe who do but they don't get into Dublin til mid morning- looks like i'll have to travel to Bristol or Cardiff- I knew it sounded too good to be true for me not to have to do any driving- feel bummed now. :sad:

xxxx

Latest posts

Back