How do you avoid a great white shark attack?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collin

the original not the fake
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I'm off to sunny OZ shortly for some months and ever since the first jaws movies came out I have this shark attack fobia that i somehow just cant put out of my mind which is such a shame as I do love the sea :Scared:

I was down in Brisbane a couple of years ago when they had the severe flooding and coastal towns were completely under water and watching the news one night they filmed a tiger shark swimming up the high street...with people wading in the water to get to there grocers store
:eek::eek:

As part of my tour I will be in Perth on the east coast which apparently is suffering from a great white shark population exposure which I guess is thanks to Mc Donalds making the nibbles they prey on more tempting in size :eek:

...this worries me somewhat so I'm wondering if any peeps know of any tricks to stave off shark attacks

Ive thought of applying an insect repellent patch to see if these might help to put the little blighter's off :idea:

If I can find a way to survive this then it just leaves them dirty great spiders the size of dinner plates and snakes to cope with...:eek:

A spider is defiantly an insect so maybe the insect repellent patches may work on them at least :idea:

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated :hug:

Learn to swim very very fast!! :wink2:

you've got to bop them right on the snozzle!!!! it was on animal planet, or maybe a film i watched, i can't really remember, i might of even dreamt it, but where ever i saw it, it worked!

I'm off to sunny OZ shortly for some months and ever since the first jaws movies came out I have this shark attack fobia that i somehow just cant put out of my mind which is such a shame as I do love the sea :Scared:

I was down in Brisbane a couple of years ago when they had the severe flooding and coastal towns were completely under water and watching the news one night they filmed a tiger shark swimming up the high street...with people wading in the water to get to there grocers store
:eek::eek:

As part of my tour I will be in Perth on the east coast which apparently is suffering from a great white shark population exposure which I guess is thanks to Mc Donalds making the nibbles they prey on more tempting in size :eek:

...this worries me somewhat so I'm wondering if any peeps know of any tricks to stave off shark attacks

Ive thought of applying an insect repellent patch to see if these might help to put the little blighter's off :idea:

If I can find a way to survive this then it just leaves them dirty great spiders the size of dinner plates and snakes to cope with...:eek:

A spider is defiantly an insect so maybe the insect repellent patches may work on them at least :idea:

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated :hug:

um maybe don't go in the sea.:rolleyes: :idea:or wear a metal cage whilst swimming

Or wear one of those shark suits when you go swimming and he might think you are a buddy.

Just make sure you don't have a girl shark suit and get caught by a boy shark though.

you've got to bop them right on the snozzle!!!! it was on animal planet, or maybe a film i watched, i can't really remember, i might of even dreamt it, but where ever i saw it, it worked!

good tip and lets hope it wasnt just a dream :eek:

Trouble is I hear the little blighter's have a tendency to sneak up behind you :evil:

Maybe I sould get an inflatable paddling pool and put it by the shore line and just paddle in that instead.

Can you imagine it...the good old skinny,lobster red Britt guy in his very own paddling pool on the beach :eek::rolleyes::lol::lol:

A spider isn't an insect.......aaargh!
I could probably cope better with a shark than a spider.

That apart, have a great trip!

A spider isn't an insect.......aaargh!
I could probably cope better with a shark than a spider.

That apart, have a great trip!
is it not...well you learn something new every day :hug:
Thanks for the best wishes also :hug:

I lived at Bondi Beach for the best part of26 years so can probably give you some insight.

When at the beach, always swim between the red flags.

When you hear the whoop whoop whoop alarm go off at the beach, get the f**k out of the water.

Or stick to the local swimming baths. No sharks in there.

As for the deadly spiders, our attitude is: when your number's up, your numbers up, not much you can do about it mate. :hug:

As for the deadly spiders, our attitude is: when your number's up, your numbers up, not much you can do about it mate. :hug:

well thats really helpfull and reasuring:eek: :rolleyes::lol::lol::hug:

well thats really helpfull and reasuring:eek: :rolleyes::lol::lol::hug:

And that should explain part of the reason why I emigrated to the UK. :lol:

At least there are hardly any wasps in Oz.

And that should explain part of the reason why I emigrated to the UK. :lol:

At least there are hardly any wasps in Oz.

mmm well wasps dont bother me in the slightest...well not compared to a dirty great 30' great white shark looking for its Mc attack snack :eek::lol::lol:

mmmmmm maybe staying out in the sticks in Turriff might not be such a bad idea afterall :wink2:

stay out of the water...........

or get a bigger boat.

I think ive found the answer .....

A friend of mine has agreed to come with me provided she can fit into me suitcase cos she is to tight to pay for her own flight even though it might mean having to dislocate her shoulder to get her in but could be worth all the pain .....she is a tasty little morsel so maybe good bait to keep them sharks distracted off the scent :idea::wink2::lol:

I think ive found the answer .....

A friend of mine has agreed to come with me provided she can fit into me suitcase cos she is to tight to pay for her own flight even though it might mean having to dislocate her shoulder to get her in but could be worth all the pain .....she is a tasty little morsel so maybe good bait to keep them sharks distracted off the scent :idea::wink2::lol:

Well I'm a tasty (slightly bigger) morsel, so obviously I would be a better choice.:wink2:

When I was in Perth I was told you'd be ok so long as you dont swim early morning or late afternoon, as that is the sharks feeding time, so stay out of the sea dawn and dusk.

Mind you I only ventured into the water once and that was at Rottnest Island. Just enjoy, its a great place. xx

Take a fly swat, swat the spiders and swat the sharks.
My tattooist was fruit picking in oz for a day and thought a ant bit her, when she thought she blinked it turned out she was bitten by a spider and it was a month later. Maybe wear a plastic outfit and a fine metal mesh on the outside attached to a battery, before they can get you they are dead.

For the sharks.... Take a super sized poster with you of something they are scared of, maybe of voldermort, and show them if they chase you xoxo

Do not wear bright colour clothing when swimming in the sea colours to avoid are yellow and orange.

Don't wear jeweley as the light reflects off it.

Don't splash excessively.

If you get attacked go for the eyes or gills a few good old right hooks should be sufficient.

If all else fail just get out of there like a penis in speedos lmao.xx

Colin you make me LOL

I can just imagine you as an extra in jaws pmsl

no cutting your foot on a pebble & going for a swim, don't say I haven't warned you lol

Latest posts

Back