How do you handle Sales Calls and emails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you handle Sales calls and emails?

• Hang Up or Delete

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Pretend your not available

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Ask them to send you the details and you can respond if your interested

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • Other....(please state in the thread)

Votes: 11 14.7%

• Total voters

tonilee

Reaction score
Is anyone else sick of these? Why can't they just send me a letter and I will get in touch if I am interested????

Are you bothered by these calls and emails or do you just say good bye or delete?

How do you handle them and how do you feel about them?

If you answer Other please state what it is!!

before they get into any type of conversation i quite RUDELY and ABRUPTLY say....

I'LL JUST STOP YOU THERE, CAN YOU DO ME A FAVOUR, LOOSE MY PHONE NUMBER IM NOT INTERESTED:irked::green: (how professional does that sound ha ha! but you have to be CRUEL to be kind sometimes!)

arghgh drives me MENTAL.

Especially if its a BLOCKED number that never leaves a message and repeatedly rings...so out of curiosity..and thinking oops this maybe important after all........................ i answer and sure enough its some MUPPET.

Last edited:
I used to listen to their waffle, but now I interupt them before they get started and ask, is this going to cost me anything ?, they usually try to start waffling again, then I just reply (quite rudely) Not interested and hang up, I'm glad they've just got my mobile number and not my home, that would of been a nightmare :mad: if I want to pay for advertising ,then I would, I dont like cold calling muppets :lol:

Hate them all :)

I would prefer to have something I can sit and read when I have a few minutes or when I am lookin to take on another product range but I hate being talked into anything, all in my own time.........

They are the bane of my life, they never seem to stop phoning. I now find myself referring to myself in the third person, "sorry Martin isn't in today", I'm starting to develop a split personality!

At the end of the day they have a job to do, just like the rest of us. I would never dream of being rude to anyone on the phone.

If a call comes up on my phone saying International, then I dont answer it - unless I am expecting a call from Spain LOL.

If I do answer it and they are trying to sell me something - mostly bumping up websites at the moment - I very politely say I am happy with what I currently use, thank you for calling, good bye and they cannot argue with that LOL.

I used to try explaining that I didn't want/need their service but found a lot of them were very pushy & some even plain rude, which is why I just say I'm not there.

My brother says, hold on a second I 'll get him/her, puts the phone down and leaves it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate THESE WITH A PASSION! I am on the phone a lot of the day and I hate the invasion of personal time at home. I have been rude before and felt bad; not I just say 'thank you but no thank you' and hang up!

If you really don't want to receive marketing/canvassing cold calls then register with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS), after a month the calls should stop and if they don't then all you have to do is explain to the caller that you're TPS registered and they'll end the call, unless they want to be slapped with a fine that is!!!

TPS Registration

One thing I do want to stress, going on from what Fiona said about not being rude etc, is that telephone sales is a damned hard business to be in, you need skin like a rhino to fend off the 'nasty people' and stamina similar to a Duracell battery :eek: It isn't the best of industries to be in and coming from that background myself I just wanted to put across that although you're being interupted while trying to work, the callers have to pay their mortgage too... a little courtesy goes a long way, eh?

I delete all those emails and just say I'm not interested and hang up. This week I have been visited by Victoria jackson make up sales people :mad:, on the road reps:( and can I just leave these here please charity boxes and leaflets! :evil:

Then girlies I hear my clients complaining that every tom, **** n harry salon is texting them offers - I'm so glad I didnt send mine out yet as although clever marketing I personally have received 3 this week :rolleyes:

Damned if you do damned if you dont - tho someone please show me the MONEY!

P.S I used to sell windows, time share (the good kind) and advertising space in my teens - I didnt care what people said as it was beer money and in my windows job I was top sales person as I've a sexy voice!

I subscribed to the TFS some time ago so don't get bothered that much these days.

If someone does call, I do try & be polite, as they're only doing their job. If they don't take no for an answer straightaway, then I can get quite brusque with them.

If anyone doesn't like the emails they are being sent there is an unsubscribe link on the bottom of each email so use it :).

I just say

Im not interested at this time if and when I am i will call you:)

I delete emails immediately, but phone calls, I wait until they pause for breath, then say "I am on telephone preference and you should not be contacting me. Immediately take me off the system or I will report you", then I listen for the gulp, a quick apology and don't hear from them again!

Generally speaking I listen for a second and as soon as I can I decide if this is of interest to me or not..if not I politely but firmly interrupt them and tell them how it is.

The double glazing sales calls do get me started unfortunately and I simply respond"sorry I live in a castle whithout any windows" and stop talking..that confuses them completely and they end the call without me having to do so :lol::lol::lol:

If im busy I will sometimes say.."sorry my dad is out right now"..that also stomps em..particularly if its a B2B call :lol::lol:

I always just ask "do we (as in the household) already have dealings with you?" and if not i just say "well if we want your services we will call you, bye"

i dont usually answer the house phone to be honest, if anyone wants me they have my mobile number.

i dont mind getting info through the post, but it is an awful waste of paper. i think emails are deffo the way forward, if i dont want them i just click delete and its done with!

Hiya I usually just put the phone on the table and leave them chatting to their self then after a few minutes you can hear them say hello hello are you still there lol then click they gone so put phone back on its charger.
I have just put a block on my account now though costing £1.75 a month well worth it not may get through now it was depressing me I couldn't cope with it any more.:)

You could always say "We go by the Hollywood Principle - Don't call us, We'll call You" ;)

Never get them at home but if it is business related I usually ask them to remove my details and leave it at that.

One thing I really hate is pushy, obnoxius reps. The ones that don't take no for an answer. I had one rep (Who in her defence was lovely but..) book an appointment with the receptionist for an hour of my time to go through her product range. I was livid there was no telephone number so couldn't cancel. When she arrived I did see her and looked at products but basically had to tell her that I was in no way interested in the products as I already stock the range I want and to be perfectly honest I thought the range she was selling was absolute rubbish.

Also Ive lately had an influx of calls from companies asking if I want to sell my business, errr no i don't !!

Also Ive lately had an influx of calls from companies asking if I want to sell my business, errr no i don't !!
Tell them "Sure! I am looking for 1.2 billion or near offer!" :D

Latest posts

Back