How many actually use the Social Groups??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't sure about the etiquette here, whether to start a new thread or not. But, why not just have more sub-forums rather than everything scattered in social groups?

I'm alot of things: OPI lover, natural nail tech, wax geek, skin geek, l&p geek, reflexologist, nail art lover, American, male, etc. It would be easier for me to browse all the categories, if there is a serious need to separate everything.

I'm just trying to understand, what do you (the powers that be) want on the main nail-geek forum? No questions about art, no questions about minx, no questions about pop-its. Than what? Just trouble-shooting P&W's?

Don't mean to be rude, just seeking understanding.

I just think you are being way too literal, Jesse.

I think everyone should use all the forums to their best advantage.

I like the social groups for posting pictures, some mini tutorials to help and specific (rather than general) question answering.

Last edited:
Kimmi has now started the Peron Rigot Group so get posting PR people. It's not every day you get an educator like this at your disposal so use the social Group.

Since I'm new I hope this isn't misunderstood or take the wrong way. I joined some social groups after reading this thread and a friend mentioned that was a way to meet some peeps. I belong to three of them. After about a week I've had one response. So my initial reaction is "they don't talk much". Maybe it was just a slow time for the groups, but at least a "hello" or "no, you can't join us" would be welcome.......:lol: So just not sure people are utilizing these very much or I picked the only groups that aren't chatting very much.........:lol:

Since I'm new I hope this isn't misunderstood or take the wrong way. I joined some social groups after reading this thread and a friend mentioned that was a way to meet some peeps. I belong to three of them. After about a week I've had one response. So my initial reaction is "they don't talk much". Maybe it was just a slow time for the groups, but at least a "hello" or "no, you can't join us" would be welcome.......:lol: So just not sure people are utilizing these very much or I picked the only groups that aren't chatting very much.........:lol:

That is the purpose of this thread .. to make people more aware of the social Groups and to remind other people that those who start a group should be maintaining it. People will loose interest if no one keeps things going and interesting.

Whoops I'm guilty as charged!!... I haven't been on in a while and have to say I do find the social group I started very quiet... it's the Irish one.. come on where is everyone???:hug:

Whoops I'm guilty as charged!!... I haven't been on in a while and have to say I do find the social group I started very quiet... it's the Irish one.. come on where is everyone???:hug:

If you never post in your social group then it really isn't very 'social' is it? People will not visit if nothing is happening there.

Post in there not in here!! :lol:

Just one question - what is the easiest way for somebody to see if an new post has been added to a group? Is there any other way that is quicker than going into each social group to see if any new posts have been added?

Just one question - what is the easiest way for somebody to see if an new post has been added to a group? Is there any other way that is quicker than going into each social group to see if any new posts have been added?

I think when you look at the groups its in bold which tells you there is a new post (not sure so please correct me someone if im wrong)

You can subscribe to individual posts T so they show in your User CP....and I think the box that shows what groups you are a member of, has the group name in bold if it has new posts.

You can subscribe to individual posts T so they show in your User CP....and I think the box that shows what groups you are a member of, has the group name in bold if it has new posts.

Thanks Lyndsay - that has made things a lot easier. Dont always have the time to check all the groups I am in for new threads/post so the bold posts on my social page makes things alot easier!

x x x

Since this thread started I have now being using the Social Groups, I like seeing the pictures of other peoples work. Also full of great info. Thanks :)

i really like them.
the site is so big now though and i think they are easily overlooked and theres a lot of good information on there that would be of interest to many who only look on the main board for new posts.

i wish there was someway of new posts in social groups showing up with all the new posts since your last visit.

i just make it part of my geek routine.

new posts to start with and then work accross the control panel until i check all the sections and end in blogs.

i really like them.
the site is so big now though and i think they are easily overlooked and theres a lot of good information on there that would be of interest to many who only look on the main board for new posts.

i wish there was someway of new posts in social groups showing up with all the new posts since your last visit.

new posts to start with and then work accross the control panel until i check all the sections and end in blogs.

Well exactly .. that is all that it entails ... just make a visit to the social groups a part of your every day routine. Pretty simple really. That's what I do.

i really like them.

Well I now use the examples Lyndsay has given by just going into my group home page and I know that any groups in "your groups" section that have the wording in bold then there have been new posts made. That saves having to go into them all individually.

Latest posts

Back