How much do you charge friends?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
My friend is only getting her top half done and im still only learning, did my first real tan tonight on my boyfriend. But i am also doing my friends nails too, so i said 30 for both tan and nails, do you think this too much for my friend? x

I charge full price too....I would never expect a friend of mine to go to work, use her own stuff and do it all for cheep just for me.

My friends know that this is what i do to pay the bills...its my job, so they understand.

Trust me...if you start doing this you wont know when or how to stop, and you will find friends make the worst clients...especially when they don't pay full price.

full price

once you give a discount or freebie they take it as gospel for future treatments.

Full price for me too. I did it for one friend for a period of time and as mentioned I found it difficult to tell her I wasnt going to offer her the discount any longer. x

full price
as said before if u start to give discount u will find it hard to put ur prices up in the future and people start to expect cheap prices. it takes time and effort to do treatments and u deserve to be paid properly for ur work.
ciara

I dont do tanning i do nails but i knock off £5 for my friends and knock off £10 for family members. :hug:x

Full price every time, also you then know they are coming in because they like wot you do not cos it's cheap!

Full Price!!
Never Offer Mates Rates!!!

I charge full price too....I would never expect a friend of mine to go to work, use her own stuff and do it all for cheep just for me.

My friends know that this is what i do to pay the bills...its my job, so they understand.

Trust me...if you start doing this you wont know when or how to stop, and you will find friends make the worst clients...especially when they don't pay full price.

I agree with Angie here, don't open that can of worms!!!

I charge full price to everyone - family, friends, grannies the lot!:lol: I've no grannies left but ykwim!

Full Price.
The only people who get it for free are my Mum and my husband. But I do make him mow the lawn!

Golden Rule: Never under-sell yourself.

If you're trying to establish yourself in a business you've trained for, it has to be full price ... your friends will no doubt understand and appreciate this.

I dont charge my mum or sisters, but any other family member eg cousins etc i would charge maybe with a little discount (if they came to my house). BUT i would never give mates rates, i did this once before and it caused me to fall out with a friend as she wanted a bigger and bigger discount until eventually she "forgot her money" so she was basically trying to get stuff for free and thats out of order. When i first started tanning in January i needed the practise so i charged my friends/ family £5 per tan, but this stopped once i had done my practise bodies

BUT i would never give mates rates, i did this once before and it caused me to fall out with a friend as she wanted a bigger and bigger discount until eventually she "forgot her money" so she was basically trying to get stuff for free and thats out of order.

When I first qualified 3 years ago and went mobile I used to do mates rates, probably due to lack of confidence in asking for the money. Anyway, it all ended in tears and yes, I had one that 'forgot' her money and she wasn't even one of my closest friends! I don't have anything to do with her anymore as she took the mickey out of me. Now I don't do any discount except for immediate family.

There are no friends in business.

Full price!!

This is my only income!! They all know the score...

I was wondering about this! Its a hard one! :rolleyes:

i dont charge my mum sister or best friend but othere relatives & friends i take £5 off x

I would say full price.....if they are true friends they will see this is your business...this is how you make money and god friends will help you to do that so they will pay......family are the same....its up to you.....

You start cutting £5 off for this friend and £5 off for that...it will be the norm and maybe 1 day you really NEED that extra £5 and you ask.....they might think YOUR not being a good friend then.......this is your business and your way you pay your morgage/bills and treats for you/kids and hubby......xx

I do bits and bobs for friends and family. I would never charge them full price!!

Mom doesnt pay at all. My best friends (2 of thm) don't either.

But none of them have loads done or take the mickey, and they never would. so its ok. i usually get a few drinks when we go out, or they take me to the pub for dinner. I feel that because actual costs are minimal, they are only paying for my time. And if i cant give my friends and family my time, then what can i give them!! And its not as if they dont just come to me because i do it cheap, its because hey dont trust anyone else!!! My one friend has a 20 mile round trip to get here! gives us chance to catch up and stuff.

i have another close girl friend, who i usually work out to around 40% off.
Family i usually do about the same, probs about 40% off. I just pick a price out the air really lol.

Doing a few bits for friends and family really isnt gonna make a diff to my money, so i dont mind. And if i was that bothered, i would just do it outside my normal 'client' hours.

Hiya,
I only charge £20 per tan as it is and im mobile.
I charge my friends the full price (as all the above folk have said) - its your business, this is how you afford to eat etc...
My mum & partner are free, family are £10.
If they are your friends they shouldnt mind and shouldnt even ask!!!
xxxx

Latest posts

Back