How to achieve this nail art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolie69

Reaction score
hi,
Please help.
I've a client who'se booked in for extensions soon- no problem except i'm still taking about 2 hours!!!!
now she wants nail art too which I've never done. She showed me a design that i've been practicing on my nail trainer and can do but now it's changed to this (see pic)
Please advise as I don't want to lose my client by making a mistake or not completeing her treatment as she wants it.

thanks in anticipation xxx

Last edited:
hi,
Please help.
I've a client who'se booked in for extensions soon- no problem except i'm still taking about 2 hours!!!!
now she wants nail art too which I've never done. She showed me a design that i've been practicing on my nail trainer and can do but now it's changed to this (see pic)
Please advise as I don't want to lose my client by making a mistake or not completeing her treatment as she wants it.

I'm not seeing anything

Hi can't upload a pic - Sorry How would i do this- what tools, products etc...

so it looks like a French to start with but the tip is straight down to the centre front from each side rather than a normal smile line (quite common) however on one side it looks like 2 coats have been overlapped leaving a slightly more sheer stripe of white above the denser bit!

on the other side is a gold stripe following the sraight white line down to the centre front point and clear crystals stuck on the gold line

I apologise if this is your design i'm describing i only have a picture from my client

hope someone can help
thanks x

You can only attach images to threads if you are a premium geek (I believe), but try to make an album on your profile, go to other, then album/pics and create a new and upload the pic. It's hard to explain a design, so much better if we could see it :D

i could probably help you in an instant if there was a pic.

try resizing your image before you upload it. or put it into photobucket and then do a link, i find that works.

Why not just become a premiun geek instead and give a little something back to the site that gives so much to others.

geeg can i ask what being a premuim geek entails please?

geeg can i ask what being a premuim geek entails please?

If you go to the site assistance, there is sticky thread about it. I've just been having a look myself :D xxxxxx

hi,
Please help.

This is airbrushed. You could replicate the sahpe of the design but the faded and overlapped areas are created with an irbrush machine xx

hi,
Please help.

Hi

This looks like it has been done by airbrushing. They can achieve this very easy when they have an airbrush. However looks very hard to do by free hand. They have done the white like a ceveron to a point in the middle with a bit of gold. Cant really see anymore as the picture is hard to see. Hope that helps. Abi

Its a very pretty design, but yeh - looks airbrushed. You could do it free hand, but the white would be one block of colour but it wouldn't give the same effect as the "over-lap". xoxo

Last edited:
Why not just become a premiun geek instead and give a little something back to the site that gives so much to others.

EXCELLENT advice! :hug:

hi,
Please help.

you need an airbrush to get this look but you could freehand paint the french chevron (or use a french masking if ur hand isnt very steady) then carry on with the gold striping tape and crystals to finish:D It wont be exactly the same but still very nice:D Hope this helps..xx

Are you talking about the image in your album? I see it, but it's so tiny I can barely tell what it is! Do you mind uploading a bigger one?

I made a quick step by step. As good as i could see the design you posted :)

You can easily make it freehand. I have some designs in my album made with the same fading technique.
Made with dry brush:
Salon Geek'
Also made with a dry brush but reminds more of a sponge kind of result:
Nails by Me (Minun tehdyt kynnet).
(If you make it with the gel cure it after every line fade you make.)

Also you can make the similar design with l&p as built in. See The Male Geeks step by step:
Salon Geek

Hope it helped :hug:

Attachments

• french2.jpg
    french2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I made a quick step by step. As good as i could see the design you posted :)

You can easily make it freehand. I have some designs in my album made with the same fading technique.
Made with dry brush:
Salon Geek'
Also made with a dry brush but reminds more of a sponge kind of result:
Nails by Me (Minun tehdyt kynnet).
(If you make it with the gel cure it after every line fade you make.)

Also you can make the similar design with l&p as built in. See The Male Geeks step by step:
Salon Geek

Hope it helped :hug:

wonderful tutorial!!

Latest posts

Back