How was the GMex show?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also going tommorrow and it will be my first time. OOh can't wait to bag a few bargains and pick up some great tips. I've just finished doing my own nails and wish I hadn't bothered if I could get them done by a prof there!!!

Hope to meet up with some of you , don't know how you'll spot me but I'll be the one stoo in the background looking nervous with all you old timers!!

C U Tommorow xxxxx

Glorsclaws said:
Errr, think I come into the latter catagory!:Scared:
I cant believe when I woke up this morning my first words to my O.H were 'I dont wanna go'...yup, been so down even the thought of a spot of retail therapy didnt tempt me too much.
Half heartedly dragged myself along & Im sooo glad I did!
Lovely to meet up with Lellipop, Vicki (Fingertips ...'I liiiike you' ND) :wink2:
Caught up with Jo ...boy can we talk when we meet!!!!
Peterpan ...Who I hear really knows how to party!
Paula ...my fingers are still crossed for you babe!
Antony ...wicked hair mate xxx
Jess, Kirsten, TT, Angie, Lilly, Cheryl, Sarah.
Gosh this sounds a bit like a thank you speech...well I guess it is cos seeing you all today really cheered me up, so thanx for that :hug:
...Oooh and how could I forget that girl with the funny name....err, um,err, oooh thats it Lucia!!!!:wink2:

you have a firm butt hun ... lol...xxx

wish I could of been there too. guess I'll just have to wait for the geekball ....x

yeah it was a brill day....such a laugh too...i went to Earls court and loved it but didn't get round to having any demo's done...so i wanted to go to GMEX to have demo's...i got some interesting ones...lol...the best by far (and i just cant stop looking at it) was by Tracey at Creative...she is so lovely and so helpful...and i am the very proud owner of a beautiful pink and white L&P...they just make it look so easy...x

I think that the shows are great...you pick up some great idea's and there is so much to inspire you..all the glitters and gems.

But most of all...i love meeting up with my geeky mates and just misbehaving...lol...we had a ball.

Amber thank you for driving babes...for smuggling me into your hotel and i admire your guts for doing my nail in front of all those people..you did great.

Penny...you are a very funny gal..burp...you made me laugh so much...burp...see you again soon...burp...lolxx

Peterpan...very few words are needed ... I just luv ya

Fingertips...you are mad as a hatter...a girls night out will never be the same without you xx

Scatty...feel like i have known you for years...could have chatted all night...i know you needed your bed though..and it was for the best cos you WON xx

Lancslass...just love your accent..you had me in tears with your wacky sense of humor...

and to the others ...we will have to do it again soon...cos i have never laughed so much and had such a fab time...Thanks for a great weekend girls. xxx

:lol: ohhhhhhhhh angie babe lol

You are a angel NOT

you are a star and made me laugh so much i nearly peed my knicks lol

Whats the story in balamory lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I must have walked round the show with my eyes shut !!

I only saw Joolz ( hi joolz)

It was lovely to meet the very gorgeous Mrs Sweet in Real Life too!

Angie - sure it wasn't Amanda who did ya nail.. i didnt think that was her name? not the less it was the bees knees !!

Peter Pan....u r sooo much fun !

Had a fab time girls - thanks

Amb x

MINKUS said:
I must have walked round the show with my eyes shut !!

I only saw Joolz ( hi joolz)

It was lovely to meet the very gorgeous Mrs Sweet in Real Life too!

Angie - sure it wasn't Amanda who did ya nail.. i didnt think that was her name? not the less it was the bees knees !!

Peter Pan....u r sooo much fun !

Had a fab time girls - thanks

Amb x

I did look out for you girls but never spotted you :rolleyes: Maybe next time :wink2:

Did I not see you Minkus? I thought you were with Pen and Angie?

xx

Tilly Ann said:
Did I not see you Minkus? I thought you were with Pen and Angie?

xx

Sorry TILLY yep and a beautiful ickle tilly ann....with some kick ass comp nails......

ANd LuckyStar, and ABFAB, and GORSCLAWS forgot them too....but i think that was it!! doh THINK i was half asleep too

sorry babes !!!

AMb x

LOL!!! I just though to myself 'Who the hell was I talking to then?!?!' I was worried you were someone else and I got it wrong LOL!!!!!! I came tenth!! LOL!! What a waste of time that was then!! Ha ha!!!
I was lovely to meet you guys!! !!!!
xx
MINKUS said:
Sorry TILLY yep and a beautiful ickle tilly ann....with some kick ass comp nails......

ANd LuckyStar, and ABFAB, and GORSCLAWS forgot them too....but i think that was it!! doh THINK i was half asleep too

sorry babes !!!

AMb x

Tilly Ann said:
LOL!!! I just though to myself 'Who the hell was I talking to then?!?!' I was worried you were someone else and I got it wrong LOL!!!!!! I came tenth!! LOL!! What a waste of time that was then!! Ha ha!!!
xx

Tilly the nails you did looked fab :hug: And 10th is better than 11th ;)

Aww, thanks hun!!! I loved them to be honest, they just weren't good enough this time!! I'll download the piccies later on!!!! Thanks hun! Great to meet you!!!!
Lellipop said:
Tilly the nails you did looked fab :hug: And 10th is better than 11th ;)

Hi

I was there yesterday, had a great time and spent LOADS of my boyfriends money! I brought all my stuff for my Brisa course on Wednesday, dead excited!!!!!!!! I could not believe all of the wonderfull nail polish colours that Creative do, put it this way, my new case is very heavy, good job it is on wheels!

I did not see one person in a geek t shirt???? Thought i saw a few familiar faces but i was too embarrased to ask, silly i know.
I stood and stared at Sam and Samantha, didn't want to bother them as they looked busy, so i had a Brisa nail done by the lovely Amanda. How wonderful is the finish on them.

Do have to admit that i also stood behind Sarah (creative) and didn't have the bottle to say hi!!!! LOL. Im such a wimp. Maybe when i have put a mug shot of me on here i will start saying hi as you will not all be standing there thinking " who the hell is she !"

Generally a very good day.:D

LOL
xx

Tilly Ann said:
xx

Kirsten Hunny - you be proud chick - you did really really well - this is only your second comp and your first one which you placed 3rd!!!:) was only weeks ago - you are doing great :wink2: - I am dead proud of you xxx

Me too!

She did good and the nails were fab - be proud of yourself Kirsten!

I was poorly, wanderin round and couldnt really concentrate. then the 90 minute drive home took almost 4 hours cuz i had to stop at every service station cuz i thought i was gona be sick or fall asleep!! THANK GOD for the 'salons direct' pink bags, because like a mile away from my house i was sick lol. lovely!!!

got home, and have been sick like every half hour since 7pm last night!!

all in all not a joyful experience for me lol.

Bought a new hydraulic couch tho and some tantrick stuff.

Stuart showed me a new product, a clear tannin gel. its FAB!! He put a little bit on the inside of my arm and now i have a lovely brown patch!!! lmao. Ill take a pic and post it later!! apparently it lasts weeks and can withstand waxing!!! So we shall see!! lol.

Katelisa said:
I was poorly, wanderin round and couldnt really concentrate. then the 90 minute drive home took almost 4 hours cuz i had to stop at every service station cuz i thought i was gona be sick or fall asleep!! THANK GOD for the 'salons direct' pink bags, because like a mile away from my house i was sick lol. lovely!!!

got home, and have been sick like every half hour since 7pm last night!!

all in all not a joyful experience for me lol.

Bought a new hydraulic couch tho and some tantrick stuff.

Stuart showed me a new product, a clear tannin gel. its FAB!! He put a little bit on the inside of my arm and now i have a lovely brown patch!!! lmao. Ill take a pic and post it later!! apparently it lasts weeks and can withstand waxing!!! So we shall see!! lol.

Poor you Kate, hope you feel better soon. I think the lurgies are going around at the moment!

Oooh new couch, very cool. Is the gel a tantrick one. Sounds very interesting to me!

I'm green with envy that I didnt get to go to G-Mex. A bit too far for me|!

had a cool day yesterday too,
so brill to see so many geeks, lellipop, jess, lily and herman, peterpan, scattyfox.....congratulations babe...) paula poo (fingers crossed for you today hun).:hug:
mrs geek and just jo
marie aka navigator from ezflow so nice to put the name to the emails.
cute tips(beccy)....and hubby.
and saw other geeks too but still a tad to shy to approach:o
saw loads more geeks in the results room but as i look so different from my "old" piccy no bugger new who i was....lol.
my step daughter had a fab time...she even stripped to get spray tanned...brave bird...oh to have a 16 year old figure.
antony love ya hair

*JOANNE* said:
had a cool day yesterday too,
so brill to see so many geeks, lellipop, jess, lily and herman, peterpan, scattyfox.....congratulations babe...) paula poo (fingers crossed for you today hun).:hug:
mrs geek and just jo
marie aka navigator from ezflow so nice to put the name to the emails.
cute tips(beccy)....and hubby.
and saw other geeks too but still a tad to shy to approach:o
saw loads more geeks in the results room but as i look so different from my "old" piccy no bugger new who i was....lol.
my step daughter had a fab time...she even stripped to get spray tanned...brave bird...oh to have a 16 year old figure.
antony love ya hair

Hey lovely to meet you at long last Joanne:wink2: Hey loving the new piccie and hey thats more like the geek I met yesterday lol
Your Daughter is lovely so pretty and slim :cool:

Hey Joanne :) It was fab to meet you babe and I love the new pic :) I must of sounded so rude saying I didnt recognise you from your pic - soz hun :o But defo would now lol
It was a great day wasnt it?

Tilly I thought your nails were lovely and you are so nice - well done hun :)

Minky sweety where were you? I looked but totally didnt see you :(

I love it that our adorable Mrs Geek always makes the time to speak and make us feel vvv special :)

yeah Antony that hair rocked :)

Take care
Jo xxx

Latest posts

Back