How would you feel about adverts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you feel about banner ads?

• I feel great. You can never have too many on a site!

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Well, if its the only way to keep things free, I guess I am OK with it

Votes: 168 62.0%
  • Aw man, you cant be serious! That really sucks. But if you have to - you have to

Votes: 57 21.0%
  • Viva la geek! Shut the damn site down rather than put banner ads!

Votes: 13 4.8%

• Total voters
Hi sorry to be daft,:o but I didn't know you could pay to be a premium geek. I thought it was because you had put in lots of messages.

Faye x

Brandywine said:
Hi sorry to be daft,:o but I didn't know you could pay to be a premium geek. I thought it was because you had put in lots of messages.

Faye x

Awww well you only started coming on in this month and it can take a while to get used to the site!

If you go to Site Assistance in the Forums menu.. you will get loads of great info about the site and what you can benefit from if you become a Premium Geek! :biggrin:

Hi
Thank you!:biggrin:

I dont see why you should not only take the time to make and keep up this site but pay for it too! Advertising brings money in which you need to run the site. All I ask is that its not reall crappy stuff like 'u2canhaveabiggerone.com xx

If its gotta be its gotta be, can't say I like ads on websites, but do whatever it takes to keep this brilliant site going.

Joan

I would still be here even with the ads ,wouldnt leave this site for all the tea in china and as soon as my piggy bank can burb out £25.00 i will be subscribeing to help out and do my bit in return for all the knowledge i have gained from your site,your the best sam:hug: .

Yes...go for it, i have just joined this fantastic website this morning and i am hooked so much advise and friendly people to ask advise ... as i have an interested in putting an ad in myself, (like i tried this morning and got my hand smacked), not sure how banners work though, is it like a tool bar across the top of the page with a website on, which changes every 15 secs or so?:Grope:

Inthink it woulndnt be a ptoblem .. as lonag as they are related to the site... also where would the advertising come from .. are geeks aloud to advertise there own bussiness... that would help to?? just a thought xx

I wouldn't switch off iv'e only just found this site and it has really helped me.I will probably become a premium geek after iv'e finished paying for my calgel course and christmas.

Inthink it woulndnt be a ptoblem .. as lonag as they are related to the site... also where would the advertising come from .. are geeks aloud to advertise there own bussiness... that would help to?? just a thought xx
The adverts are from Google... and also banner advertising which is 'paid for'.
Members can advertise their websites in the Member Showcase found in Link Directories on the Forum page.

i didnt know how they really worked ... was an idea but its all good in my opinion... will become a premium geek after xmas too :) every little helps xx

I think banners are great because we spend so much time on this site ~ which is a good thing, and I feel that banners keep us up to date with new and existing products.

Latest posts

Back