"I just need nails for a wedding"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have a couple of clients that only ever want 'special occasion' nails.

Obviously I'd love it if these were regular clients but at the end of the day, provided these guys get their nails done with me and I can remove them properly and safely then i'm more than happy to do them. After all, they're wanting to come to *me* to have their special occasion nails and that makes me really chuffed! :green:

It is onces choice if they want to get the fill done or not...you have no right to call them cheap if you are calling them cheap this makes you selfish..just do the set and send her home the end

Thanks for all the response. I guess I just want so much for everyone to keep up their enhancements. The issue that makes me so frustrated is that I know some clients will still remove on their own and damage their nails to the dry thin state. I wish I could educate the world, but I can't; I can't convince all my clients to come back for a removal either.

Thanks to my fellow geeks for putting me back in my place and listen to my craziness. I never short hand any of my clients no matter what they ask me to do (within reason), but sometimes I just want to beg them Pleeeeease, don't rip them off. :cry:

Shiloh

Thanks for all the response. I guess I just want so much for everyone to keep up their enhancements. The issue that makes me so frustrated is that I know some clients will still remove on their own and damage their nails to the dry thin state. I wish I could educate the world, but I can't; I can't convince all my clients to come back for a removal either.

Thanks to my fellow geeks for putting me back in my place and listen to my craziness. I never short hand any of my clients no matter what they ask me to do (within reason), but sometimes I just want to beg them Pleeeeease, don't rip them off. :cry:

Shiloh

good response.

Shiloh

Don't we all sweetheart but unfortunately people will be people. It is good to be proud of what you do and it is not nice when people abuse your 'art work' and I totally understand but you need to remember your business head and look at things a different way sometimes.

I would't mind that they only wear the nails for a short peiod, but what I don't do i is what here in denmark is called party-nails, which is tip and overlay on a white tip and cheaper than other sets.

In our salon we take pride in the fact that we do every nailsby hand, so to speak, meaning we do the white ourselves, and wouldt compromise...

So if they want to spend all that money one a onei-time occasion thats ok, but we send those away that won't and want's us to do cheaper nails with white tips.....

I would't mind that they only wear the nails for a short peiod, but what I don't do i is what here in denmark is called party-nails, which is tip and overlay on a white tip and cheaper than other sets.

In our salon we take pride in the fact that we do every nailsby hand, so to speak, meaning we do the white ourselves, and wouldt compromise...

So if they want to spend all that money one a onei-time occasion thats ok, but we send those away that won't and want's us to do cheaper nails with white tips.....

Well we all have our own thing going, but I would compromise and take their money. I'd charge them the same for doing it too.

In my salon the price was the same for tips, sculpts or Pink & white over a tip. No way I would miss out on a full set client just because the client wanted tips!! :eek: Actually I do not call it a compromise .. I'd call it good customer service and good business. For the life of me I cannot understand why so many seem to turn away perfectly good business??

even if I never see them again, I love the fact that somewhere there are photo's of MY beautiful nails and even when I've returned to dust, MY nails will still be looked at in nan's photo album.
For me its the ultimate 'I woz ere' if you see what I mean:lol:
Yep there is the chance they are going to rip them of, but I've always made my removal service good value, I include a free manicure and for the bride I've always said, please come back and bring your photo's with you I'd love to hear all about your big day. It works, brides want to talk to everyone about their day:lol:

Yep there is the chance they are going to rip them of, but I've always made my removal service good value, I include a free manicure and for the bride I've always said, please come back and bring your photo's with you I'd love to hear all about your big day. It works, brides want to talk to everyone about their day:lol:

BRILLIANT way to induce repeat business and referrals!!!
I'll have to remember this one!

It wasn't tips in general, but white tips, so it would be clear overlay on top of white tips, which in my opinion is a bit hard to make nice as so few people have nailbeds thats suited for white tips.
We do use ordinary tips.....
To me I think it's business sense not to have people walking around with nails that isn't looking like something I would take pride in if you understand.
oh and The people we are talking about will not pay for the service of full sets, hence wanting the white tips....

Last edited:
If people come to me for one offs for special occasions I tell them the price which includes safe removal and a mini manicure.

If they decide to continue, the excess they have paid just goes towards the first rebalance:)

If people come to me for one offs for special occasions I tell them the price which includes safe removal and a mini manicure.

If they decide to continue, the excess they have paid just goes towards the first rebalance:)

Now, that is a great idea. The client is now invested in good care of their nails. I love it!

Shiloh

There are a lot of people who want nails for a special occassion who because of work cannot have enhancements full time. I had to give up enhancements when I started massage. My sister works in a hospital and they are not allowed enhancements. It's amazing the number of jobs that you are not allowed to have nails, they have to be very short natural nails. But it's nice to have enhancements for a wedding or another special occassion.

I am happy if they want one set or become a regular.

If you think about it, they end up giving you more money in the end.

I have a client who only comes to me for special occasions. (and yes she does come back to me every time) She always has a full set of L&P nails, with nail art and sometimes some gems as well, so pays full price every time. Thankfully she does soak hers off when they are due for maintenance, but then comes back for a full set a couple of months later.

It costs her more and its more money for me, what's not to like?

Latest posts

Back